What is your Dream Set-Up?

• Thread starter OwlsHaveEyes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hcash

These Eyes Are Blind
Reaction score
Guitars:

Three custom Mike Shermans, with the same specs except one with six strings, one with seven strings, and another with nine.

Rig:

Monster Pro 3500 power conditioner
Korg DTR- 1000
Engl E 530
Digitech 2112
ISP decimator Pro Rack G
L.O.C. Rack Pie (stereo)
Engl 950/100
Two Vader 4x12
Two Vader 2x15

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
well I DO know my DREAM rig would include a few strong, intelligent guys to carry it all and set it up each time without fucking anything up!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty happy with my existing rig, but I'd kind of like to swap the Rectoverb for a Roadster, and grab this as a seven:

07,02,2004_05-50-28.jpg

adz87

Reaction score
Guitar wise i'd have a few custom ibanez's, 6 and 7 petrucci MM family reserve, parker 6 and 7.

amp wise i'd have 3 orange thunderverb 50 heads. one for clean the other for the dirty version of the clean channel, and the 3rd for channel B, which by the way sounds fucking awesome!. then they'd go through 2 4x12's and 2 2x12's or 4 4x12's.

rack wise. i wouldn't get much just a switching unit and everything in draws wired up.

it'll be awesome!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd want to add a Triaxis to my rig and pick up a Tom Anderson Proam w/floyd in the black/white bowling ball finish.

02,03,2007_05-30-43.jpg

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
id have me an 2077XL with either a line 6 vetta II combo with a pod + pedals, or try the triple rectifier out :yesway:

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Guitar

Custom 8 string from Mike Sherman
Thin as hell flamed maple body, violin burst
One piece maple neck, ebony fretboard, full scallop
Infinite radius fretboard
Shaped after the Dean RC7, neck recessed into the body and everything
HS pickup config (Lundgren M8s, Bareknuckle Trilogy)
Both pickups angled with the treble side towards the neck
27.5"-25" fan, tuned in G, straight fourths (GCFA#D#G#C#F#)
8 string Edge Pro copy (maybe it'd work better if it only moved the top six strings? :shrug:)
One volume, killswitch
A little wireless MIDI channel switching thing built into the guitar (would this work?)

Amps, etc.

ENGL E570 -> ENGL 950/100 -> Orange 4x12 + Vader 2x15
or
Mesa TriAxis -> Recto 2:100 -> Vader 4x12 + 2x15 bass cab

Maybe running in quad stereo? :shrug:

Of course I need my Bloody Murder, DD6, a few other stuff.

Mike, if you're willing to build that for me for free, I'll be a shill for you for life. I'll also give you my eternal soul.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
custom ormsby guitar.
7 string 3 piece neck through.
mahogany body with maple cap.
ebony board with no inlays.
2 phase 2 blackouts, in the same positioons as on steffs guitars.
string through body.
tuneo brindge.
27" scale.
in pearll yellow or pearl balck....
amp:
framus dragon straight front cab.
peavy 5150 I head.
maxon od808 modded by loardofchaos
isp decimater g string
bbe sonic stomp.

oh and sixer:
cole clarke stealth with an ebony board and no inlays, in matt black with a mahogany body with maple cap.

now i have a boner.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Custom Rotor guitar:
Swamp ash + wenge body (my own ridiculous body shape), Rosewood + Maple neck through, ebony board, ZR7 bridge, HHS (old stef guitars) Dual A8 painkillers, + irish tour neck, 27.75" Scale, natural finish
Orange Rockerverb 100 + VHT Pitbull UL running through Orange 412HP cabs, as well as a taylor k4 through an undecided poweramp/cab

idspispopd

Reaction score
My dream amp would be an ENGL powerball with a a cab with v30s. Not quite sure what my dream guitar would be, but it would most likely be a Universe

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Well, for metal, I think something like:

The custom 7 which hopefully will be done next month or so
Custom 8-string with fanned frets (26.5" to 29" scale or so), prolly from the same luthier
My 1077XL as a backup, only with better pickups

Esp Eclipse I
Some other Esp as backup, maybe a Viper.

The sevens would probably be tuned to standard, as our material is only B standard at the moment. I do hope we'll try A or Ab later too. Sixers would be in D standard / drop C.

Diezel VH4 or Diezel Herbert, I haven't decided which I like more
Mesa Oversized 4x12" cab with 2x v30's and 2x Greenbacks or other smoother elements
Diezel 2x12" cab for smaller gigs

And some nice pedals, and I'll be set.

FortePenance

Reaction score
Ibanez RGT42DX
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez XPT707FX
\/
Vox Tonelab SE
ISP Decimator
Ibanez TS7
\/
Orange Rocker 30
Orange 4x12"s

That would very much suit me, but i'd probably like a few other axes to beat around on too. A Musicman Axis, an RG1077XL, a custom Agile, a Strat/Tele or RAN too... Ampwise, probably a Mesa too.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I have my dream guitars, well, once i put in my order for replacement necks with Rev HS FTW! Ummm, aight here we go

Ibanez 1077/8527 -> Engl Powerball and Peavey 6505 plus -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Decimator -> Mesa Standard 4x12 cab (rockin V30s of course!)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
As a few others, I already have most of my guitars nailed down... but if we're dreaming I'd say a 7-string Thorn Junior 90 and a 7-string Thorn Artisan Master with some crazy inlays and killer woods. I'd love to have the Brunetti NAMM setup (like 5-6 Brunetti amps + Matrix (midi amp/cabinet switcher) + half dozen cabs) if we're dreaming! :D

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
My dream guitar is the custom Carvin DC747 I'm getting built. Can't wait to get it! :D

I am really happy with my current set up but I think it can always be better so this is what my dream set up:

-Engl E570 SE Preamp
- Engl E840/50 Power Amp

I already have my dream cab (Mesa Rectifier 4X12 Oversized), effects processor ( Rocktron Xpression) and Midi Foot Controller (Engl Z-12). So yeah... one day! :hbang:

Reaction score
Guitar(s)
Hamer Vector 7 with OFR
Sherman 8 string Fanned fret TOM
Sherman 7 String Fanned Fret TOM
Moser 7 string Bastard V w/ OFR
Amfisound Arctic Kelo Routa 7 Kahler

Rig:
Identical to Devin Townsend's live setup, but replace the MESA amps with ENGL and Diezel.
(also add 3 custom made ISO cabs, 1x15" 1x12" and 1x10") (basically, speaker isolated in a box, with built in mics.)
Leslie Speaker
Rackmount wah
TC Electronics G-Force

MattMorose

Reaction score
Um... I guess a 27 Inch scale RGA with a Reverse Headstock with a Dimarizo D Sonic in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck. Then pretty much John Pettruci's rack, just take one of those mark IVs out and insead put a triple rectifier. So a Lonestar, a Mark IV and a Rectifier.

Hellz yeah.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
i would like a Sherman custom 27" scale, walnut or ash body, BKP's, OFR, 5 piece walnut/maple neck, blank ebony board. VHT pitbull UL, or Deliverance, to VHT fatbottom, vader, or orange cab.

')