What is your Dream Set-Up?

• Thread starter OwlsHaveEyes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My custom 7 being flawless, my custom 6 being flawless, the AJC Custom I returned, the tele I'm assembling, my roadster, a 6505+, Peters Hydra (that may be consolidated to the Hydra, depending), that pedal that lets you run up to 4 amps at once from voodoo labs IIRC, delay pedal, reverb pedal, footswitches, Orange PPC412 and Mesa Standard Rectifier cab w/ V30's.

I think that'd do nicely.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Just out of interest, why a Triple Rec? I see you saying a lot that you'd like one, what do you think it has over your Cobra? I'd kill for one of them...

Well, the Cobra is quite dark. Both of them have amazing clean channels, but the Triple Rec's rhythm channel shits on the Cobra's. Triple Rec through a Mesa Cab is literally the biggest sound I have ever heard, so heavy and thick.

When I can afford one, I will most definitely be upgrading.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Guitars: Jackson Soloist USA kahler/blackouts, Jackson Soloist USA Original Floyd Rose/EMG 81's, Jackson Rhoads USA Red Camo, Ibanez UV7BK Green dot, UV7PWH, Bernie Rico. Jr of sorts.

Amp: Pretty much what I have now but with a TS9, ISP Decimator Pro G rack mounted noise suppressor, Delay, Reverb, Harmoniser, tuner - all rack mounted :)

I suppose that is it.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Steinberger M-series with trans-trem, X2N, two Dimarzio single coils and GK2A unit.
Schecter custom Hellraiser seven-string with D-Sonic/Air Norton PUs + d-tuners on the bottom two strings.
Custom nine-string tuned F#-A.
Line 6 Vetta head with 4x12 cab.
Line 6 floorboard.
Roland guitar synth.
Ovation Adamas.

If I was being really self-indulgent I'd have double-neck versions of the Steiny, with the second neck either fretless, or a five-string tuned CGDAE.:)

Can I revise mine a little?:lol:

Rather than the Line 6 setup, I'll go for...

G-System.
2 Roland JC 120s (one for clean guitar, one for guitar synth).
Mesa Mark IV or V for lead and crunch tones.
The pedals I've already got (boss delay, phaser, flanger and DS1, Marshall chorus, Ernie Ball volume pedal) in the loops of the G-System. Probably trade in my whammy pedal for a Boss Super Shifter, or just use the G System's own pitch-shifting patches.

On the Custom Hellraiser I'll go for a five-way Ibby-style PU switch and an alder body.

On the Steiny I'll have a pair of Air Norton S PUs instead of true single coils.

In terms of guitars, I'll add the Les Paul Standard and Tacoma 12 string acoustic that I already own, plus an Ovation classical guitar, and include a Yamaha AG Stomp for all the acoustics.:)

The acoustics are all mounted on stands, so I can switch between all of them without putting down the electrics.

Rather than a 9 I'll just go for an ESP SC 608.

In terms of tunings...

The Steiny would be in standard, with the option of transposing with the trans-trem.
The Les Paul would be in D standard, with the option of going up to DADGAD, or down to Drop C.
The Hellraiser would be in either Bb standard, or Drop C# + a low G#.
The 608 is in standard F#-e eight-string tuning.
The acoustic tunings would vary.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
either john petrucci's rig or vai's :agreed:

but seriously schecter omen 7 + ernie ball petrucci 7, line 6 spider 3 stack, line 6 short board, digitech whammy, crybaby from hell, jazz III.

thats all i can think off for now (i realise most of you will think im crazy/stupid :nuts:):lol:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I'm almost there. If only I figure out how to midi-control my head and G Major, I'm a happy man. After that, I'll need a device to fit some pedals in the midi chain, too.

As far as guitars are concerned, I'm quite happy with my sixer (a LP Studio, soon to be loaded with BKP's). We'll see how will fare my upcoming seven (a Sims mahogany body with a 1527 neck and BKP's). Other than that, I'd like both a custom 6 and a 7, possibly with a PRSesque shape with better fret access than my Gibson. That or a Hufschmid, though I can't pay for it... yet ;)

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
Steinberger GM7TA in 'clear blue' stock
Steinberger custom copy, trans trem, quilted maple on mahogany, trans black, barenuckles, no inlays, stainless steel frets
PRS Custom 24 Custom :))) quilted maple on mahagany, trans black, tuneomatic with strings through, black hardware, ebony board, mop birds, ss frets, barenuckles
Les Paul Custom, black, black hardware, bridge with locking studs, bkp's
UV7BK stock, maybe black hardware.
Custom carved top RGA/SlSMG style six string, black korina body, quilted maple top, trans black of course, maple binding all the way around, rosewood neck, ebony board, ss frets no inlays, tuneo with strings trough
Klein style with an s trem
Steinberger Synapse bass
steinberger synapse trans scale guitar

axe fx
mesa rectoverb
engl 530 and some power amp
mesa mkIV

lmao

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Shiit, I suppose that in a lot of folks's head I have something close to a dream rig.

I need a better cab - currently have a Framus Dragon 4x12. Diezel would be nice.

Amps... Got a Diezel Einstein. There are a bunch of amps that I want to try but the Einie is simple to use and sound like fucking god. If I was forced to live with the same amp for the rest of my life I wouldn't complain.

Guitars... I currently own: 6 & 7 string Blackmachines (not stock but epic 1-off woods), BKPed PRS (Cu24 Artist Pack, Rosewood neck, Cold Sweat pickups that are godly), Custom Shop Jackson 7 (needs BKPs one day but even the EMG 707s are pretty funky). I think that I'm sorted, apart from a couple of pickup changes!. :D

jackson custom shop 7 and an engl invader halfstack

Am I allowed to say that an Engl Invader ain't shit compared to Diezel? The 150's louder then my 100w Einstein but doesn't have the same tonality. Invader's a nice amp, but... well...

And that a Jackson Custom Shop is #2 compared to a good luthier build? (OK I can show off, but it's true. Blackmachine > Jackson CS in playability. Period.

Ah. Oops. :idea: Go hit Huf up or something and you'll know what I mean. And it'll cost about 1/2 the cash!

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
2 KxK guitars, one TOM, one Floyd (Plan is in place)
MY two lovely BKP equipped Ibbys of course will be included :yesway:

Fryette Pitbull UL (playing the waiting game here.)

Cabs: Unsure about this part right now.

Effects: Nothing major here, my ISP decimator, a tuner, my ten band
EQ. Contemplating the Eventide Harmonizer pedal too. A power
conditioner of sorts and maybe put in my pod X3 pro.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty much there already.

My custom Warmoth, but possibly replicated by Suhr or similar kick-ass custom shop.
Same guitar in a 7-string version
Same guitar as a doubleneck 12-string and 7-string with piezos

My Axe-Fx
2 powered high-quality monitors

Unless I'd replicate my Axe-Fx rig with physical gear, meaning I'd need a Mesa Mk IV, Triaxis, ENGL Powerball, Bogner Überschall, a slew of vintage Fender's and Plexi's, a heap of cabs, stompboxes up the yahoo and more cables than I could even count.

And a guy to carry it.

...I'm fine with the Axe-Fx.

Hollowman

Reaction score
Mine would be a couple custom guitars, 1 would be a 7 string Explorer with a reverse headstock, 1 pickup, 1 knob, Floyded, Ironcross inlays, George Lynch Kamikaze paint job.
my rig would be Devin Townsends Mesa rig he uses on his youtube vids :shred:

Reaction score
I'd like a custom Agile Intrepid, 30" scale 8 string. With the pickup that Meshuggah uses in the bridge (lungdren m8?) and a Cepheus in the neck. 24 frets, no inlays but dot markers on the side. Blood Burst. Ebony fretboard. Hipshot bridge. The Engl Amp that costs $4,000 (can't remember the name right now) and Orange cab, and I'd be the happiest guy on the planet. I'd also want to make my own Jackson Warrior/ Ibanez Xiphos/ B.C. Rich Stealth 7-string type monster.

Reaction score
Wizard Modern Classic, Diezel Herbert, VHT Deliverance 120, Bogner Uberschall, Van Den Hul cables, into Uberkabs, Into Blackmachine B7, with La Bella's also Van den Hul cable's.

lol

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Ibanez J-Custom RG8427 (the black flame one with the vine inlay)
Hufschmid Blackdroid 7

Mesa Mark V Head
Orange 4x12 closed back cabinet

TC Electronics G-System Limited with expression pedal

')