What is your job?

• Thread starter Yimmj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
I work at American Eagle trying to convince people to buy clothes. Up until about a month ago I had been working in the restaurant business. My first job was at McDonald's and then I was a cook at a local restaurant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I fix these...

ORD_Phalanx_CIWS_Firing_lg.jpg

Haha, I always got a kick out of it when they'd test those things while I was deployed. Even deep in the bowels of the ship where me and all the other spooks were, we could hear the BZZZZZZZZZZZT. BZZZZZZZZZZZT. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT. I wanted to go topside and watch, but we weren't allowed because they were usually testing DU rounds. :rant:

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
but we weren't allowed because they were usually testing DU rounds. :rant:

That stopped you guys? Fuckin' Navy.

I've got a picture somewhere of me wearing a belt of DU rounds like Rambo. Also got a picture of me biting the exposed sabot. Hell, I've done just about every dumb thing you could do with them, short of pleasuring myself.

....I also get a very thorough, extensive and moderately invasive physical from the VA every few months. Wonder if they're related :scratch:

Elliott Jeffries

Reaction score
Telecom technician. The best thing is that it's a union job. Get yourself into any job that has a union if you're getting a day job. Also put yourself on the path to success in the music industry, get a plan and stick with it.

angus

Reaction score
Seemingly a professional student- 4 degrees done, and working on #5 and 6.

Beyond that, I've designed and sold a number of different technologies as a biomedical engineer.

Reaction score
Me and my cousin own a computer repair/sales shop.
He services business and pretty much spends all day programing and maintaining servers while I run the shop fixing computers and selling them :)

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Jazz musician, classical accompanist, music director for a variety of different people/places. Teach privately and one day a week through a school.

JSanta

Reaction score
I currently work in the Military Intelligence Industry and I'm pursuing my MBA at night. Basically two full time jobs right there but I enjoy it.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I currently work in the Military Intelligence Industry and I'm pursuing my MBA at night. Basically two full time jobs right there but I enjoy it.

NSA? Hanover's close to Meade, right?

JSanta

Reaction score
NSA? Hanover's close to Meade, right?

Not working for the NSA unfortunately (and yes, Hanover is very close), that is somewhere I want to work in the future. Almost impossible to get sponsored for a Poly for my clearance. I've only been out of the Army a couple of years so I have time to make that job happen. I landed a great job after only five years in the service, so I can't complain at all.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Video game artist for 13 years. ( texture and concept artist)

I've worked at Bioware, Raven Software and currently at Humanhead Studios. :)

Brewery Worker/Sensory-Quality Panelist/HazMat Responder

MillerCoors Milwaukee Brewery - ISC

Max needs to hook us up with some Beers :yesway:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Video game artist for 13 years. ( texture and concept artist)

I've worked at Bioware, Raven Software and currently at Humanhead Studios. :)

You worked at Bioware?!?!? You are officially my sso.org god now :wavey:

I provide technical support for a database company. Sometimes I even get unchained from my desk to go onsite and replace hardware on occasion.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Not working for the NSA unfortunately (and yes, Hanover is very close), that is somewhere I want to work in the future. Almost impossible to get sponsored for a Poly for my clearance. I've only been out of the Army a couple of years so I have time to make that job happen. I landed a great job after only five years in the service, so I can't complain at all.

What'd you do when you were in? Where you a linguist, or did you work on the signals/systems side of things? I was an Arabic linguist in the Navy for 5 years, myself.

JSanta

Reaction score
What'd you do when you were in? Where you a linguist, or did you work on the signals/systems side of things? I was an Arabic linguist in the Navy for 5 years, myself.

Believe it or not I was an Infantryman! Not really the MOS you think of going into the defense industry, but I had a strong background in operations and that is what got me the job. I was able to translate those skills into project management very easily; obviously my knowledge of the military didn't hurt.

Arabic linguist? Not an easy language to learn, had a lot of friends wash out of the school, so I commend you!

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I'm a chef for the time being, Always wanted to work in the software side of IT, But my dumb ass flunked high school. So after I finish my trade as a chef, I'll either be going back to University for IT or continuing as a Chef. I'd like to end up owning my own cafe type restaurant. Local hangout type shop.

Reaction score
I'm a speech-language pathologist.

I work at a local hospital doing inpatient and outpatient rehab services. I evaluate and treat patients for various disorders and issues affecting their speech, their ability to use/understand language, and their ability to eat and swallow safely and efficiently. I treat patients ranging from newborn babies with feeding difficulties to elderly people who have had strokes, and all ages in between.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score

I work at a local hospital doing inpatient and outpatient rehab services. I evaluate and treat patients for various disorders and issues affecting their speech, their ability to use/understand language, and their ability to eat and swallow safely and efficiently. I treat patients ranging from newborn babies with feeding difficulties to elderly people who have had strokes, and all ages in between.

Cool, that's what my sister does. Rather, it's what she's qualified to do. Right now she's working as a speech therapist for a special-needs school in Texas.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score

Cool! My mom is a speech path, actually. She works in elementary schools though. Ironically, I stutter :lol:

')