What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
More of the latest pick insanity. The red Jazz III and red Dunlop Gel on the right on there for reference. There are a couple of other Purple Plectrums I want to try next and more BHL experiments. (Ignore the dust. That came from the pick box being on the floor while dusting the room recently.)

signal-2024-01-26-123811_003.jpeg

signal-2024-01-26-123811_007.jpeg

signal-2024-01-26-123811_009.jpeg

signal-2024-01-26-123811_011.jpeg

Shask

Reaction score
More of the latest pick insanity. The red Jazz III and red Dunlop Gel on the right on there for reference. There are a couple of other Purple Plectrums I want to try next and more BHL experiments. (Ignore the dust. That came from the pick box being on the floor while dusting the room recently.)

View attachment 137295
View attachment 137296
View attachment 137297
View attachment 137298
I dont know how you play with some of those. That red one would be like hitting your guitar with a rock, lol.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I dont know how you play with some of those. That red one would be like hitting your guitar with a rock, lol.
The big red one on the left is the most dumbfounding pick I’ve played. I’ve played small picks since 98 and there’s usually a point height wise that i just can’t deal with. The big red one though? (BHL Protagonist is the name.) it’s one of the best playing picks I’ve tried.

I can barely wrap my mind around it.

My right hand and finger occasionally act stupid and I have to put up with numbness. These 6mm+ thick picks pretty much do away with that. My favorite of the group is the purple one next to the Jazz III. I have several custom versions of it in different thicknesses.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I can't use thick picks, I feel like I lose all control. I spent a bajillion dollars and waited 2 months for a couple of BHL Torlon picks and they're very nice but I just can't get used to them. I've been using tortex Jazz III's for well over a decade and in that time the only change I made was switching from black to white when it finally came time to order another big pack.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Just grabbed an Engl Fireball 60 because of this video mostly:

Damn. Both sound pretty close to the album. A bit smoother and a bit more midrange in the comparison clips, but damn near still.

EDIT:

Thay're damn near spot on actually. I forgot I run some EQ on my music player. Turning that off and listening, both amps nail it.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Damn. Both sound pretty close to the album. A bit smoother and a bit more midrange in the comparison clips, but damn near still.

EDIT:

Thay're damn near spot on actually. I forgot I run some EQ on my music player. Turning that off and listening, both amps are nail it.

Both the newer 60 and the 100 have a slight sterility that I would never notice alone but in A/B I gotta give the heads up to the 60 for the slightly warmer sound and cooler look :)

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Both the newer 60 and the 100 have a slight sterility that I would never notice alone but in A/B I gotta give the heads up to the 60 for the slightly warmer sound and cooler look :)

I feel similar about the OG Powerball compared to the PBII. You have to be a bit more cautious to not get lost in the mix, but the PBI sounds clearer and more responsive to me. And the mirror panel does look cooler on both the Powerball and Fireball.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I feel similar about the OG Powerball compared to the PBII. You have to be a bit more cautious to not get lost in the mix, but the PBI sounds clearer and more responsive to me. And the mirror panel does look cooler on both the Powerball and Fireball.

What mix ahHaHAHA

Marked Man

Reaction score
A B.C. Rich Legacy Mockingbird Koa with Floyd. Already bought it in fact as they are suddenly available again (first time since 2020!!), and it already has a stablemate Legacy Bich Koa with Quad bridge. Finally, a truly excellent BCR import series (MIK) that I have zero reservations about. :hbang:

Now hurry up and release a Koa Eagle!!! :nono:

I'm also feeling it's almost Mark time again. Most likely a JP-2C, although the V is in the running. I need to try out both in person first.

Marked Man

Reaction score

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure on USA market, but '74... but it's clearly early as it's a '73 chassis so hoping it may still have the '73 hand wired board.
The third switch is ground which was usa only i think?

I asked about the 73? that was there with my 75 but it sold before i could choose (still got the gut shot). I’ll never know what “a little warmer” sounds like haha.

Good luck either way!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The third switch is ground which was usa only i think?

I asked about the 73? that was there with my 75 but it sold before i could choose (still got the gut shot). I’ll never know what “a little warmer” sounds like haha.

Good luck either way!

Ah bummer. And thanks... if I can get it it's a win for the price whether the guts are 73 or 74... it's always a crap shoot with old Marshalls :lol: It will also let me mod my second 1959HW which will be fun

')