What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ordered a Darkglass 212 to go with my AO500.

The AO500 rips, although honestly it doesn't do anything that NDSP parallax doesn't, besides get me away from my pc. I was surprised to learn that Nolly ended up using Parallax on Periphery's latest album, considering all the Darkglass gear he's got, but I get it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone own a Dean Exile Select? Thoughts?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Finally I win something at auction without the price getting jacked up so high I feel awful about winning it:

i-img800x1200-1706257567kw1x5v40349.jpg

Though tbf, this is not a very popular brand. But full maple body... that's my thing.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
^I like the little cover on the truss rod adjustment. Seems like it would be a little extra annoyance to remove for adjustments, but it's a nice touch and I like that the brand wants to protect the area.

Cool score.:hbang:

narad

Reaction score
^I like the little cover on the truss rod adjustment. Seems like it would be a little extra annoyance to remove for adjustments, but it's a nice touch and I like that the brand wants to protect the area.

Cool score.:hbang:

Yea, form over function. I previously had a lower end Blade -- came in an ESP case with the strat shape so I had to get it for that. It was pretty good, especially for the price -- probably like $400 for the guitar, it was more like a $900 guitar. This appears to be some sort of higher end custom shop version -- I've seen a few before, all pretty cool specs, nice figured tops. They say switzerland, but they're all MIJ as far as I can tell. The cool thing about them is they have an active preamp and you can use a screwdriver through holes in the backpanel and adjust B/M/T and I think output. That's what the mini toggle on the front is for.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finally I win something at auction without the price getting jacked up so high I feel awful about winning it:

Though tbf, this is not a very popular brand. But full maple body... that's my thing.
Duuuuude I love Levinson stuff, so pretty.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score

That's cool! What else can you tell me about it? I'm only seeing that one picture, npt sure if there should be anything more there.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw a nice sunburst am pro strat for $1500cdn. Got to thinking.

Then found an ash one and a black one for the same price in 2 other cities.

probably subside by tomorrow but good to know lol.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I found a Bluguitar Amp1 Iridium for a stupid price and bought it. I guess this is the GAS god's way of repaying me for snatching yet another TC100 from my grasp

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I found a Bluguitar Amp1 Iridium for a stupid price and bought it. I guess this is the GAS god's way of repaying me for snatching yet another TC100 from my grasp
God I want another Iridium so badly. I still feel like the AmpX is gonna be a long ways to go and will end up being more expensive than they estimated lol

AltecGreen

Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't be too upset I got bid up on a Kubicki strat when I just watched the Knopfler MK1 estimated at 8k GBP go for 400k GBP. Damn.
The folks on TGP have been buzzing all day about the auction. It's funny that some of them thought they had a chance at any of the guitars. Some of them are annoyed at the low estimates.

narad

Reaction score
The folks on TGP have been buzzing all day about the auction. It's funny that some of them thought they had a chance at any of the guitars. Some of them are annoyed at the low estimates.

Yea... those idiots...

(Secretly thought that maybe it would go around 80k GBP, and while I wouldn't spend it, it was interesting considering that if I really was a mark fan and went all in, it would sort of be possible. Like you're not supposed to own hero guitars as a regular person. But alas, even in the daydream it was not to be)

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
God I want another Iridium so badly. I still feel like the AmpX is gonna be a long ways to go and will end up being more expensive than they estimated lol
The Amp X seems interesting but idk how well the analog modeling bullshit is actually going to work. I wasn't super impressed with the one demo I saw of the modeling tbh.
Hopefully the Iridium is cool and fills a niche I don't already have an amp for. Otherwise it'll go on the chopping block lol

')