What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I meant Mark IV obviously LOL mark VI LOL!
Mission accomplished , Plus I got a new Charvel DK 24 Dark Amber and loaded it with a Custom 5/Liquifire set. Sounds great. going to be going into selling mode now to cover the $$ for these 2 LOL!
IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I just got the Engl Fireball 60. I'm still struggling with it a little bit. It sounded bad through DV77s. Through V30s I'm getting a good sound but I'm not sure if it's really that interesting or unique. On the other hand, the Morse looks killer...
Seems like most Engls were tweaked around V30s or their own V60 speakers so it's not surprising. But yeah I've never seen an amp as polarizing as the Fireball. Either it's one of the greatest meta amps either or... not. lol

The Morse seems interesting. Doesn't sound like Engl's heaviest amp but it seems capable of the most tones. I'm surprised most amps don't do the split lo/hi mid controls.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Having recently doing some long acoustic cover sets has made me reassess my rig. Currently the Boss OC3 is a life saver since we get an instant bassist, but thinking of adding more like reverb and delay. Looking at the Strymon Cloudburst as a prime candidate, namely since its easier than lugging my BigSky around, and I saw a friend use it on his solo acoustic shows for quasi synth parts.

That and finally get a 12 string acoustic... hopefully.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I just got the Engl Fireball 60. I'm still struggling with it a little bit. It sounded bad through DV77s. Through V30s I'm getting a good sound but I'm not sure if it's really that interesting or unique. On the other hand, the Morse looks killer...
If you have anything loaded with Sheffields I'd say give that a try. I had the FB100, so it was a little different, but it sounded killer with those speakers.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
If you have anything loaded with Sheffields I'd say give that a try. I had the FB100, so it was a little different, but it sounded killer with those speakers.

You mean like greenbacks?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Do you have any kind of loadbox/IR loader device? Might be a neat idea to get something like the Fryette Power Load IR or a Two Notes unit so you can quickly, easily, and cheaply try out lots of cab, speaker, and mic types. Then you can choose real world speakers with more in depth information for your cabs.

Also, try the FB through one of your Mesa EV loaded cabs.

narad

Reaction score
Do you have any kind of loadbox/IR loader device? Might be a neat idea to get something like the Fryette Power Load IR or a Two Notes unit so you can quickly, easily, and cheaply try out lots of cab, speaker, and mic types. Then you can choose real world speakers with more in depth information for your cabs.

It makes sense, I'm just lazy about it. I don't have like a gear room or office or anything so while I have all the devices, it takes a long time to setup. So far this weekend is all guitar cleaning and wiring... just spent 90 minutes trying to unstick an old pot from 1983, but I think I must surrender.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Probably obvious, but I agree this works great. When I was deciding which bass cab I wanted, I tried all the different ones that came in the software for my darkglass alpha-omega bass head and then bought the real one that I liked best. (Of the reasonably sized options, since I'm not tryna buy a 8x10 fridge. Although actually I liked the punchiness and mid-forwardness of the darkglass 2x12 over the 8x10s).

Speaking of which, the top speaker in the darkglass 2x12 I bought had a loose(?) dustcap that produced a farty distortion even with a clean DI signal. Sweetwater already has the replacement arriving this morning, before I've even sent the old one back and only a day after I informed them of the situation. All hail Sweetwater.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Biting my tongue right now trying to resist the urge to drop $3k on a b3 phoenix. Its one of the only t-style guitars that I really like and I've wanted one for years now.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I need to stop saying "i'm good on guitars." Now I want a 2nd PRS 277. :lol: The one I planned on using for super-low tunings ended up finding it's way to C standard/drop A#. So yeah gonna probably hunt down a 2nd 277 for the sake of tuning down to F.

I've bought guitars before just because I wanted one to match a certain leather strap.

😎

Marked Man

Reaction score
Mission accomplished , Plus I got a new Charvel DK 24 Dark Amber and loaded it with a Custom 5/Liquifire set. Sounds great. going to be going into selling mode now to cover the $$ for these 2 LOL!
View attachment 137672

View attachment 137673

I love the MkIV. I have a combo as my living room amp + Thiele extension cab, but still want to get a full size head eventually for the studio. When I first started playing, it was NOT easy to plug directly into an amp and get full hardcore, pro level metal distortion like it is today.

I still remember the day I first played a MKIV at the local guitar store. I could hardly believe my playing could sound that good! It was a life changing experience.

😎

narad

Reaction score
My latest purchase was a free-way 10-way blade switch, and EMG SPC, and an EMG EXG. Now I'm finding out the sweeps on those controls are quite limited vs. something like the Clapton mid-boost and TBX, which offers up to 25dB of mid boost. I think I made the wrong call...not sure I can return them though.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
My latest purchase was a free-way 10-way blade switch, and EMG SPC, and an EMG EXG. Now I'm finding out the sweeps on those controls are quite limited vs. something like the Clapton mid-boost and TBX, which offers up to 25dB of mid boost. I think I made the wrong call...not sure I can return them though.
Emphatic no. I have them on all of my guitars, and rarely -- if ever -- turn them above 6.

')