What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Fell down an YT rabbit hole and watched a decent number of Natas pedal demos. Several sounded really good and even though it's $300, that's cheaper than a used Randall and I don't have to jump through hoops to hook it to the Axe FX.

Still, as a long time pedal skeptic and damn near hater, it's hard to talk myself in to a pedal.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Fell down an YT rabbit hole and watched a decent number of Natas pedal demos. Several sounded really good and even though it's $300, that's cheaper than a used Randall and I don't have to jump through hoops to hook it to the Axe FX.

Still, as a long time pedal skeptic and damn near hater, it's hard to talk myself in to a pedal.

I know it sounds good in those demos but damn, I got a Triamp MKII for $550. It's not the same sound but just in terms of what you physically get for your money and in terms of the engineering and quality, I similarly have trouble justifying these pedal in a box solutions.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of pedals…

1707487439017.jpeg

This will go nicely with my Noble Screamer and Halo. I almost have enough to build my own Andy Timmons board:

IMG_5013.jpeg

narad

Reaction score
New in house: 1995 pre-refined Parker Fly. I have a refined fly, so cool to check out the original. I like the original adjustments more, it's all pretty cool, and the trem bar is a hex bar (I think that was changed with the refineds but it's been a long time, maybe it's the same). But still sounds kind of thin to my ears.

416566344_7658699740816505_2688402574124984095_n.jpg

Parker paint jobs are sick though.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I know it sounds good in those demos but damn, I got a Triamp MKII for $550. It's not the same sound but just in terms of what you physically get for your money and in terms of the engineering and quality, I similarly have trouble justifying these pedal in a box solutions.
Yeah I keep drifting between ideas like this and getting the pedal to sample the type of amp/tone in my environment finally. I've had some kind of urge for a Larry/Natas/Satan/Thrasher/Ultimate Nullifier for a long time. Something about the tones really hit right for me, but having ver little hands on time with only one of those, being hard to find, and stupid expensive often, ($3K for a new Thrasher? People need to lay off the crackpipe.) it's hard to take the chance.

Then again, if I like the pedal, there's always going to be that nagging "You need to try the amp now." feeling.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone own an EVH 412 with the Celestion G12 EVH 20w speakers? Thinking of buying one to go with my heads. I love the speakers in the 212 version so I’m sure I’ll love this.

The only other 412 I still own is a Splawn QR with V30 on bottom and Creamback 65 on top. I figure this would be a good change up to that.

narad

Reaction score
Then again, if I like the pedal, there's always going to be that nagging "You need to try the amp now." feeling.

Yea, and just I've heard pedal through amp demos where it sounded good, but the in the room experience didn't quite transfer (revv g3 / friedman BE-OD). Those pedals have come along way but I just don't think it can really be done. But it depends also on what you focus on in your playing experience, of course.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Jessup 412 with two speakers (I already have two). Anyone used a Jessup 412?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Made the decision to put the M-II on the block in favor of something a little cheaper and less "oh God, don't ruin it" for myself, although an Edwards did show up locally that part of me is tempted to grab even if it's not that much of a step down :lol:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Yea, and just I've heard pedal through amp demos where it sounded good, but the in the room experience didn't quite transfer (revv g3 / friedman BE-OD). Those pedals have come along way but I just don't think it can really be done. But it depends also on what you focus on in your playing experience, of course.
Indeed. I'm also wanting to hold off on physically large purchases until I move later this year to cut down on the bigger shit I'd have to haul. Kind of why I'm leaning towards the pedal along side of dipping the toes in that pond instead of jumping.

I had thought of the Chug as well, but that doesn't sound quite as intriguing in the demos I've heard.

Also, damn you for reigniting my Fly GAS.

')