What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of pedals…

View attachment 138106

This will go nicely with my Noble Screamer and Halo. I almost have enough to build my own Andy Timmons board:

View attachment 138107

Ah dammit I watched the Tom Bukovac video and ended up buying a Keeley Hydra as well. Stereo reverb and tremolo. The tremolo especially is ridiculously good sounding.

1707537641043.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Made the decision to put the M-II on the block in favor of something a little cheaper and less "oh God, don't ruin it" for myself, although an Edwards did show up locally that part of me is tempted to grab even if it's not that much of a step down :lol:
Me: I don't like owning minty high-end guitars
Also me: Anderson telecaster on marketplace👀👀👀

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Me: I don't like owning minty high-end guitars
Also me: Anderson telecaster on marketplace👀👀👀

99% sure I'm not gonna jump on it as there's a more reasonable, less costly guitar that's also just as cool available; and it's one that's been on here with a long list of people ahead of me who have said they'd buy it if they could.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Waiting on two L’ effect (AKA Leqtique / Shun Nokina) pedals to arrive from Japan in the next couple months lol.

Also… as soon as CME or Music Zoo has a sale I’m buying the Victory Deputy head. Best cleans and best sounding SRV and Hendrix tones I’ve heard.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
L’ Roch and Kigen (the mini 4-knob versions). I already have a 10/10.
Sweet! The Roch is about the only main Shun circuit I'm missing. The Kaigen is cool but I preferred the other Redemptionist versions.

10/10, as you know, is a beast, but my favourites are still the SND 9/9+ and Redemptionist.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet! The Roch is about the only main Shun circuit I'm missing. The Kaigen is cool but I preferred the other Redemptionist versions.

10/10, as you know, is a beast, but my favourites are still the SND 9/9+ and Redemptionist.

Awesome. Yeah I remember back in the day speaking with Jake Cloudchair and he told me that the 9/9 SND version is noticeably better than the mini and he had an A/B demo showing it. The rest of the SND, Leqtique, and L’ versions are more similar from what I hear.

I think the L’ 4-knob Red is supposed to be the latest iteration of the Red? So maybe sounds different as well? Or maybe you can set same but then have more variation when you adjust the low cut?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Awesome. Yeah I remember back in the day speaking with Jake Cloudchair and he told me that the 9/9 SND version is noticeably better than the mini and he had an A/B demo showing it. The rest of the SND, Leqtique, and L’ versions are more similar from what I hear.

I think the L’ 4-knob Red is supposed to be the latest iteration of the Red? So maybe sounds different as well? Or maybe you can set same but then have more variation when you adjust the low cut?
I haven't got a chance to try the L' or Leqtique Reds, just the Kaigen and SND. Tosin was using an old SND for a while before they did the Kaigen. Kaigen released after the L' Red though. The Low Cut on the Kaigen sounded very different to the SND, and I thought less usable. Both can sound close to each other and both can sound good or great. Especially that Tosin gainy thump tone.

The 9/9 Leqtique and L' sounded very similar when I had both here. I have an L' CLD but I want to get a CLHD because it's got a charge pump and some different bits. Don't really know how the rest of the L's stack up to the Leqtiques beyond that.

The ones I'm missing are a lot of the rarer ones like the MiniEQ or 6/6 or 11/11.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_5027.jpeg
IMG_5028.jpeg
IMG_5029.jpeg
IMG_5030.jpeg

Finally snagged an Ibanez AWD83. Looks absolutely mint in the pics. If it’s good I’ll prob throw a set of Dimarzio 36th / Fortitude or Suhr Thornbuckers to turn it into an ES-335 type player.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
')