What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Their cabs were far better than the amps. Enjoy!
For sure. I remember having a Rev 4x12 years ago and I sold it off for some reason. Going to replace both my 2x12s with this as, even though it's an oversized cab, it's still smaller and I can run it stereo with two heads. This one was actually a 2014 NAMM cab. I had wondered if it's the same one I had because mine was also blue, but I don't think I had it that recently :lol:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Definitely considering a ToneX Pedal to stave off my desire to have my amps fixed. Stay digital and light with my Helix. It's great but variety and the chance to have a bunch of other stuff at my fingertips that I won't need to buy and stop GAS. Plus I can do way more and fit everything I want in a patch while using external preamps. Fixing my RM100 and Synergy is calling my name but i need to put that dough in my house this year.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
For sure. I remember having a Rev 4x12 years ago and I sold it off for some reason. Going to replace both my 2x12s with this as, even though it's an oversized cab, it's still smaller and I can run it stereo with two heads. This one was actually a 2014 NAMM cab. I had wondered if it's the same one I had because mine was also blue, but I don't think I had it that recently :lol:
Honestly one of the best cabs. Not sure if it's the oversized, or the port, or the speakers, or everything. It's my JP2C's favourite cab.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my sound anchors finally came in.

Super heavy lol. I'm sure the fedex guy was not happy having to haul these up a flight of stairs.

They were easy to assemble. I was hoping to be able to try my monitors horizontally but I'm just short a few inches on space to be able to do that so vertical it is until I find a bigger room.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Definitely considering a ToneX Pedal to stave off my desire to have my amps fixed. Stay digital and light with my Helix. It's great but variety and the chance to have a bunch of other stuff at my fingertips that I won't need to buy and stop GAS. Plus I can do way more and fit everything I want in a patch while using external preamps. Fixing my RM100 and Synergy is calling my name but i need to put that dough in my house this year.
How'd your Synergy end up needing repaired?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wanted a proper tuner. I was sick of using a crappy old Planet Waves tuner I've had for yeeeaarrss and the janky Neural DSP tuners. The NDSP one was a bit too jittery for me to intonate properly and it drove me up the walls.

So I got a Peterson StroboStomp HD. Probably a little overkill for my everyday needs, but I feel like I can finally get my intonation spot on. Besides it looks cool, so what the hell.

Last edited:

Shask

Reaction score
Wanted a proper tuner. I was sick of using a crappy old Planet Waves tuner I've for yeeeaarrss and the janky Neural DSP tuners. The NDSP one was a bit too jittery for me to intonate properly and it drove me up the walls.

So I got a Peterson StroboStomp HD. Probably a little overkill for my everyday needs, but I feel like I can finally get my intonation spot on. Besides it looks cool, so what the hell.
I got a Strobo Clip HD recently that I really like!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I ALMOST got the Clip version, but in the end I thought the pedal version would be more accurate, and what I was really going for was accuracy, so I decided to forego the convenience of a clip. Maybe some day once I've forgotten the financial damage this one has caused :lol: these things ain't cheap.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Are your 212s currently stacked?

My “emtpy house” rig is my superlead on 412 and 5150 on 212 tight next to it. Havent really gotten to mess with both running at the same time yet due to maintenance but I could run just the 412 and gain some stuff storage back.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score

I ALMOST got the Clip version, but in the end I thought the pedal version would be more accurate, and what I was really going for was accuracy, so I decided to forego the convenience of a clip. Maybe some day once I've forgotten the financial damage this one has caused :lol: these things ain't cheap.
Love my Strobo Clip. Between it and the tuner on my Axe FX, I’ve been very happy.

That said, please share how the pedal works out. I’m thinking of getting a tuner to keep at my work area instead of shifting my Axe FX around.

Shask

Reaction score
I have an old Peterson tabletop unit that I have had for like 20 years, but I hate unplugging my guitar to use it, so I wanted something simple I could throw on quickly. I have a Snark clip-on that I used most of the time, but it is getting old also and eats batteries.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Are your 212s currently stacked?

My “emtpy house” rig is my superlead on 412 and 5150 on 212 tight next to it. Havent really gotten to mess with both running at the same time yet due to maintenance but I could run just the 412 and gain some stuff storage back.
Yep, I have a Port City Wave 2x12 with a V30/Creamback 65 combo and a Laney IRT 2x12 with a Eminence Governor/Wizard combo. Both of them are stacked to save floor space. The Krank is only like 2 inches shorter with the casters on, but it has casters, so I can actually move it without unstacking everything :lol:

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Honestly one of the best cabs. Not sure if it's the oversized, or the port, or the speakers, or everything. It's my JP2C's favourite cab.
Interesting! I haven't gotten to try it much yet cause the wife had me doing a ton of stuff around the house today. I loved Legends with my 5150 for several years in my Soldano 2x12 but stopped playing for a few years and came back to it and I didn't like them at all. I had one in a 1x12 a while after and it was okay but I couldn't find anything I loved with it... Until I sold it and tried my MT15 with it right before boxing up and thought, "This is the speaker that amp needs!" I'm curious to try it with my Savage tomorrow. Gotta take apart the current stack so I can move it into my music room. I just plugged in my Randall to make sure it worked earlier haha!

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
my sound anchors finally came in.

Super heavy lol. I'm sure the fedex guy was not happy having to haul these up a flight of stairs.

They were easy to assemble. I was hoping to be able to try my monitors horizontally but I'm just short a few inches on space to be able to do that so vertical it is until I find a bigger room.

When I had an amp head shipped I met the UPS guy in my yard and took it directly out of his hands, I wasn't gonna make (or let) him walk up my stairs with it lol

Yep, I have a Port City Wave 2x12 with a V30/Creamback 65 combo and a Laney IRT 2x12 with a Eminence Governor/Wizard combo. Both of them are stacked to save floor space. The Krank is only like 2 inches shorter with the casters on, but it has casters, so I can actually move it without unstacking everything :lol:

Casters are massively convenient, but every cab I've ever had sounded better directly on the floor for enhanced resonance. Best compromise I've experienced was a 2x15 with wheels on the long side, with the added bonus that I could ride it through the bar like Major Kong in Dr. Strangelove

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Casters are massively convenient, but every cab I've ever had sounded better directly on the floor for enhanced resonance. Best compromise I've experienced was a 2x15 with wheels on the long side, with the added bonus that I could ride it through the bar like Major Kong in Dr. Strangelove
Yeah, I'll definitely agree with you there. One of the reasons I love my Emperor 4x12. It has wooden feet that extend across the depth of it, so it just slides across carpet, which makes it super easier to move while still sitting directly on the floor.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Mine too. It sounds very good for the price and how small it is. I keep wanting to get another one again.
I was using it with a Creamback M65-loaded 1x12 and it still sounded fucking massive. I still feel dumb for selling it but IIRC I was finally deciding to move onto an Axe FX 3 and was doing a massive gear purge.
Buuut the Axe is gone now, decided it was too much for me so I think going back to the Iridium + Current HX Stomp + assorted pedals is my ideal setup.

Latest posts

')