What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not totally enamored with my gotoh SDMGL90 "top locking" tuners, undecided on going thumbwheel lock SD90, schaller or putting the stock klusons back on and replacing the wonky G on one set (this will require pulling the conversion bushings as well).

Buy the locking Klusons? They're not cheap but they kick ass :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Well, my AL3200 showed up with a pretty unsightly blemish on the headstock binding, as well as a cracked pickup mounting ring that was installed all fuckity. The ring is an easy fix and I would've overlooked it even if it took a fill&drill, but the binding is ugly and I was expecting more at this price point. I just emailed them for a refund with detailed pictures (dirty puma style).

It's a beautiful guitar otherwise. The top is nice, the neck is very comfy, and the black flame is actually black as opposed to the last "Black Flame" I had from them which was more of a blackish swampy green. Plays quite nicely, I really adore the neck-thru design and the deep heel carve. The nut wasn't cut very well but that also would've been an easy fix.

Oh well. It was an impulse buy anyway, and while I technically have the money, it's also money that I'd be better off saving, especially since I'm still eyeballing a Meris Mercury 7.

427963709_1374310116575712_8497769216803317110_n.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I need me a couple new necks. I'm warmoth'd out and won't buy another neck with a single action trussrod, so I think I'm going to order a Musikraft and give them a shot.
Does Musikraft have a 4-5 month wait time if you get the item finished like Warmoth? Lol

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Does Musikraft have a 4-5 month wait time if you get the item finished like Warmoth? Lol

I got two custom necks made by warmoth a few months ago and each took about a month. Current Musikraft lead time is 4-6 weeks. I only go unfinished/thin sealer as I like to apply my own finish or ride unfinished dependent upon the wood choice. I typically prefer necks made out of wood that doesn't require finish or gets by with a thin tru-oil coating.

For a custom painted body though, warmoth is definitely like 5 months and maybe Musikraft is too, idk. I get my bodies elsewhere.

*edited to add 2 words

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
Well, my AL3200 showed up with a pretty unsightly blemish on the headstock binding, as well as a cracked pickup mounting ring that was installed all fuckity. The ring is an easy fix and I would've overlooked it even if it took a fill&drill, but the binding is ugly and I was expecting more at this price point. I just emailed them for a refund with detailed pictures (dirty puma style).

It's a beautiful guitar otherwise. The top is nice, the neck is very comfy, and the black flame is actually black as opposed to the last "Black Flame" I had from them which was more of a blackish swampy green. Plays quite nicely, I really adore the neck-thru design and the deep heel carve. The nut wasn't cut very well but that also would've been an easy fix.

Oh well. It was an impulse buy anyway, and while I technically have the money, it's also money that I'd be better off saving, especially since I'm still eyeballing a Meris Mercury 7.

Hard luck with the blemishes. How was the neck thickness and neck carve on it?

Despite really, really not needing another guitar, I recently got a single P90 AL3100 as I'm a sucker for single pickup single cuts. Fit and finish is immaculate, but the neck specs were off: thicker (~22mm at the 1st fret rather than 19.5mm) and with a soft-v carve. I am getting used to it, but was wondering if it was unique to this (odd) model.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Bought a rev blue uberschall. I owned one a few years ago that I traded for a triple crown 100 and I've always regretted it. The Uber ultra didn't really scratch that itch so I'm excited to have an older uber again.

Man, if the Rev Blue is outdoing the Uber Ultra, it's going to save me a ton of money. Rev Blue with EL-34s?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Good question. Let me play around with it tonight and maybe A/B against some others. I was thinking maybe the One Control Lingonberry but I'd need to listen more closely. (I had screaming kids running around while I was playing lol)
Just remembered I have a custom L' double pedal waiting for me in Japan that has a Roch in it, so will hopefully get to try it out in April.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Their Avalanche Run is a fucking great reverb/delay combo. I use mine on the rare occasion when I'm playing something besides high gain.

The Avalanche Run is easily my favorite pedal from them, and it's really the only time-based pedal that I miss using on a pedal board. It just has such a beautiful voicing.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Hard luck with the blemishes. How was the neck thickness and neck carve on it?

Despite really, really not needing another guitar, I recently got a single P90 AL3100 as I'm a sucker for single pickup single cuts. Fit and finish is immaculate, but the neck specs were off: thicker (~22mm at the 1st fret rather than 19.5mm) and with a soft-v carve. I am getting used to it, but was wondering if it was unique to this (odd) model.
Way it goes.... someone will get a ripping deal on this B-stock after I return it, so at least there's that. I don't have calipers, it did feel a bit thick but I like that. I don't think I'd describe it as a soft-v though, felt like a pretty standard LP style neck.

Marked Man

Reaction score
M1.jpg

Finally (after 3+ year wait :rant2: ) snagged a Koa top B.C. Rich Legacy Mockingbird to go with its brother....ehh sister Koa Bich. Both of these are great fun to play and sound fantastic, top hardware including my favorite current passives, DiMarzio D Activators. Great Shredzilla necks and fretwork also. As soon as I pick the Mockingbird, my hands start playing the extended intro to Hell Awaits. 👹

All I need now is an equivalent Koa Eagle to complete my Holy Trinity of BCR.

And these are close enough in quality to USA models to help me put to bed the idea of ever paying $4 to 7K for one.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
The Avalanche Run is easily my favorite pedal from them, and it's really the only time-based pedal that I miss using on a pedal board. It just has such a beautiful voicing.
Yeah it's got some really gorgeous sounds. I love using it for spacey riffs or shoegaze type stuff.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Who makes a decent headless with a thin neck profile? Been idly considering getting another headless, but I'm so picky about the neck.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Man, if the Rev Blue is outdoing the Uber Ultra, it's going to save me a ton of money. Rev Blue with EL-34s?
Yep el34s. I didn't really like the Ultra all that much tbh. It sounded more compressed and artificial than the OG uberschall. It was also incredibly noisy in the mode I liked best and I didn't want to constantly deal with having a gate active in the loop.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Tax return season!

Pulled the trigger on a Meris Mercury 7 and a Lehle P-Split Stereo to finally reconcile the W/D/W rig.

Dropped an offer on a Walrus Audio Phoenix because the Aetos is tapped out.

Also sending my beloved OBNE Dark Star off to have the Hold function modified to latching for ultimate dronetacular layering, along with my roommate's Dark Star for repairs (poor bud stopped working).

8g67zk.jpg

')