What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
(Keep in mind I'm in Canada) are there any reasonably priced current 412 cabs with greenbacks these days that I can likely find used?

I'm absolutely not paying $1500 for a 1960AC when my JCM900 was $550 :lol:. I also need to confirm I can store it where my second 212 lives...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
(Keep in mind I'm in Canada) are there any reasonably priced current 412 cabs with greenbacks these days that I can likely find used?

I'm absolutely not paying $1500 for a 1960AC when my JCM900 was $550 :lol:. I also need to confirm I can store it where my second 212 lives...
What about the EVH 412 cabs?

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Ooh I'm also interested in this. I love G12m-25s but haven't found anything but old Marshall cabs that use them.

Shask

Reaction score
I wanted a second one for breakup tones on the clean channel, and medium gain on the lead channel if possible. Also, the IICP wants to be louder than the OS to sound good.
I keep my IICP and Ultra Lead modules much lower than the others so I dont overload the graphic EQ. I will keep their volume at about 10 oclock, vs about 1 oclock on other modules.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
What about the EVH 412 cabs?
This was my first thought as well. Ive only found two and both are listed with the head, making me think the sellers expect new price.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I keep my IICP and Ultra Lead modules much lower than the others so I dont overload the graphic EQ. I will keep their volume at about 10 oclock, vs about 1 oclock on other modules.
I find that keeping the IICP volume on the module at 10:00 has the sound rather "closed" sounding like when you have a drive, amp, etc. turned down too low. The volume wants to be at around 11:00-12:00 on the IICP, but at that point, it is far too loud compared to the OS module (which is at 12:00-12:30).

This was my first thought as well. Ive only found two and both are listed with the head, making me think the sellers expect new price.
Those are G12M-20 speakers, not G12M-25. I think they are different to some extent.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Trying not to buy another strat I will barely play, but they are nice to look at..

edit: I found a dirt cheap 1960AC... but it's in Winnipeg and I am nowhere near there.

Last edited:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I'm still planning to get something that I referenced I think last month, but I am also possibly condering an Ltd Alexi Ripped or Hexed model for the EMG H1A bridge I want to use in something.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Hoping this turns out for the best...

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 6.53.38 PM.png

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
My friend is lending me his strat this week. So either i buy an am pro or dont feel the GAS once i give it back :lol:

PRS SE Silver Sky works great for that.

Also my best pure vintage S-type is my Squier 40th Anniversary Vintage Strat. Looks great, play great, sounds great… and I paid $300 new lol. As an example, my $3k USA Nick Johnston is better… but it’s def not more than 10% better.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
PRS SE Silver Sky works great for that.

Also my best pure vintage S-type is my Squier 40th Anniversary Vintage Strat. Looks great, play great, sounds great… and I paid $300 new lol.
I tried one SE very briefly, local store has a couple.

I looked for used CV strats - barely any!

40th anni is the blocks model? I was bent on a jm but i tried 7 and they all had problems :(

Just took the guard off the R9 to switch things up. Its my most beat LP somehow??

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried one SE very briefly, local store has a couple.

I looked for used CV strats - barely any!

40th anni is the blocks model? I was bent on a jm but i tried 7 and they all had problems :(

Just took the guard off the R9 to switch things up. Its my most beat LP somehow??

Hmm what problems? I own around 25+ of the new Squiers, Kramers, and Epiphones and I think I received 3 bum ones I had to exchange. And I’m extremely picky - I return guitars if the fretboard has a streak pattern I don’t like. If you played 7 in a row I’m thinking it’s user error lol.

There’s the lower end tier like Bullet and Sonic series, but the latest CV, Contemporary, and anniversary ones are the higher end. The Vintage is the series with maple necks, rubbed/satin finishes, and aged hardware. The MII ones have been fantastic and so have most of the MIC.

The only recurring issues I have are that they all use cheap selector switches. And there’s something with the fretboard / fret finish where the frets are scratchy and there’s some kind of graphite that gets all over my fingers and turns them dark grey/black. I’ve had this on all three of those brands that use China and Indonesia factories.

Last edited:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
One didnt have a strap pin on the upper horn, and I unboxed it lol. A lot of glue on fretboards as well. Im wondering if the lesser qc ones went to Canada :lol:.

I did grab a 40th strat and tele to compare and they were both more put together. Iirc they are on sale for $200 off at our main chain these days?

Edit: didnt know the contemporary was higher end in the lineup. Iirc they do a sherwood green there?

')