What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
PRS SE Silver Sky works great for that.

Also my best pure vintage S-type is my Squier 40th Anniversary Vintage Strat. Looks great, play great, sounds great… and I paid $300 new lol. As an example, my $3k USA Nick Johnston is better… but it’s def not more than 10% better.
Duuuude my 40th anniversary kicks absolute ass. Which one you got? I got the teal one. The necks one these are fantastic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Duuuude my 40th anniversary kicks absolute ass. Which one you got? I got the teal one. The necks one these are fantastic.

All of them. :lol:

But yeah the Vintage Series Sonic Blue Strat is the color I got for that model:

IMG_5110.jpeg

(The only one I don’t own is the 40th Anniversary block Tele, I only have a Vintage Series Dakota Red which I’ll put against any Tele including Suhr or Fender USA.)

Moongrum

Reaction score
Hoping this turns out for the best...

View attachment 138651
Weird website, I wasn't sure if it was some kind of Chinese store front passing off stuff as being Mark Knopfler style at first 😅
But if there is one thing I've learned from thegearpage is the more outdated a website looks the more mojo the product has:)

All of them. :lol:

But yeah the Vintage Series Sonic Blue Strat is the color I got for that model:

View attachment 138679

(The only one I don’t own is the 40th Anniversary block Tele, I only have a Vintage Series Dakota Red which I’ll put against any Tele including Suhr or Fender USA.)
Bound necks with block inlays needs to be more normalized across all Fender models, looks so good.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Weird website, I wasn't sure if it was some kind of Chinese store front passing off stuff as being Mark Knopfler style at first 😅
But if there is one thing I've learned from thegearpage is the more outdated a website looks the more mojo the product has:)

Bound necks with block inlays needs to be more normalized across all Fender models, looks so good.

That Ruby Strat weighs as much as a Norlin Les Paul too. Like it was carved from an old coffee table. Has tone for days and does a killer Eric Johnson impression.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
PRS SE Silver Sky works great for that.

Also my best pure vintage S-type is my Squier 40th Anniversary Vintage Strat. Looks great, play great, sounds great… and I paid $300 new lol. As an example, my $3k USA Nick Johnston is better… but it’s def not more than 10% better.
Vouching for the 40th Anniversary Vintage. I grabbed mine for about $250 brand new and I felt like it was a good enough guitar that I'd buy it at its original ~$500 price.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Came over an used Lundgren M6. Not sure if it's my kind of pickup after reading reviews, but it will be nice to try it for once - so I ordered it.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Thinking of getting Chase Bliss Dark World...

This is the only Chase Bliss pedal that I truly lusted after lol. It sounds great and packs so much in a relatively small footprint.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is the only Chase Bliss pedal that I truly lusted after lol. It sounds great and packs so much in a relatively small footprint.
I actually haven't listened or read up on anything about the Dark World! I'd like to try the Mood one of these days, though. Seems like a lovely pedal that you can do as much or as little with as you want, and the engineering nerd in me adores how much they were able to cram in what's basically a normal-sized pedal.
Mine has looked absolutely amazing in my pedal cabinet since I got it 3 years ago.
Ah so like 99% of CBA buyers.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
My goal this year is to learn how to properly use, and to use more, my FX pedals:

Line6 DL4 Reissue
TC Electronic Infinite Sustainer
Boss SDE3000 EVH
Keeley Hydra
Boss RE2
Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail
EHX HOF2 Mini
NUX Rocktary
Mooer X2 Harmony

Off the top of my head ones I’ve bought and don’t regularly use.

The JA New Wave and Boss Slicer I immediately bonded with.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Ordered:

- Walrus Audio Phoenix. Reverb dork never responded to my offer for their Phoenix, nor my message about shipping to AK, ended up getting a better deal on a unit in better condition from Sweetwater Gear Exchange anyway.

- Offset Black SS Hipshot saddles for my Aria Pro, hoping they brighten it up versus the cheapo brass saddles I got off the 'zon. They were labeled as "headless" because they have a channel for the strings to feed through from a top-mount setup, but the dimensions look to be identical where it counts with the saddles I'm using now. Surprisingly hard to find offset SS strat-style saddles.

- B-stock (mint condition, just a return) Pedaltrain Pro with a wheeled tour case. Decent price cut on a hefty pricetag and very affordable shipping, versus some other dweeb who wanted 200 fucking dollars on top of the new price for used hardware.

I've been using DIY boards forever, they've always done the job and I've gotten pretty decent at making cheap, functional, nice-looking boards, but I decided it was time to buy once and cry once. I looked at power supply mounting brackets briefly and thought "aw hell I can do that!" So there's at least one more DIY pedalboard adventure in my future.

Anyway, time to stop spending money on gear for a while. ☠️ (famous last words, I know)

I know I often joke about buying pedals I don't need and don't use, but Chase Bliss pedals are the ones I want the most and play the least. Most of them I have never heard used in a musical context at all. Brilliant engineering though.

I just got an AnalogMan Sunface NKT LG in a trade. I never in a billion years would have bought such an insanely expensive boomer pedal, but it's a rad fuzz and its previous owner was happy to get rid of it because it had been sitting in the box basically since he bought it. So, I'd like to say Thank You For Your Service 🫡 to you and everyone else out there buying booteek pedals, sitting on them until finally getting tired of looking at them, and making them accessible in mint condition to proles like me.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
@StevenC I accidentally grabbed the Roche instead of the 10/10 when I was looking to play some metal riffs in Drop C# with the 5150 series lol. I didn’t even realize so it definitely has more gain on tap than expected. It was only set to about 60% max gain and there was no other drive in the rig other than the combo amp set clean with built in boost adding volume. It had a cranked Marshall JCM thing going on at least in my head.

@Guitarjon this song could be yours to produce just saying… :lol:

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I just got an AnalogMan Sunface NKT LG in a trade. I never in a billion years would have bought such an insanely expensive boomer pedal, but it's a rad fuzz and its previous owner was happy to get rid of it because it had been sitting in the box basically since he bought it. So, I'd like to say Thank You For Your Service 🫡 to you and everyone else out there buying booteek pedals, sitting on them until finally getting tired of looking at them, and making them accessible in mint condition to proles like me.

Nah, nah, that's a fuzz. We can all use a fuzz. More people have been to the moon than there are guitarists who can use a Mood and a Dark World together to create a song that people will listen to.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a speaker's resistance be wildly off when measuring at the terminals? I was finishing wiring up that Krank 4x12 and went to check that the inputs were both reading correctly and I noticed one side was at like 21 ohms. The other side was about 13.5, which should be right for a total load of 16 ohms. I decided to measure all the speakers and 3 out of the 4 were around 6.4 ohms, which is right since they're marked 8, but my WGS Vet 30 measures 13ish and it's supposed to be 8... I'm wondering if they mislabeled a 16 ohm as an 8.

Shask

Reaction score
Anyone ever had a speaker's resistance be wildly off when measuring at the terminals? I was finishing wiring up that Krank 4x12 and went to check that the inputs were both reading correctly and I noticed one side was at like 21 ohms. The other side was about 13.5, which should be right for a total load of 16 ohms. I decided to measure all the speakers and 3 out of the 4 were around 6.4 ohms, which is right since they're marked 8, but my WGS Vet 30 measures 13ish and it's supposed to be 8... I'm wondering if they mislabeled a 16 ohm as an 8.
A 16 ohm speaker will normally measure about 13-14, so it sounds like that is a 16 ohm speaker.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Nah, nah, that's a fuzz. We can all use a fuzz. More people have been to the moon than there are guitarists who can use a Mood and a Dark World together to create a song that people will listen to.
There's a CBA Habit on my local marketplace, and the description says "I'm too dumb to actually use this effectively. Endless possibilities if you have a big brain!" :lol: It's too expensive for me to want to find out if I'm smart enough... I can make illegible smears of ambient bullshit a lot cheaper than that!

')