What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
There's a CBA Habit on my local marketplace, and the description says "I'm too dumb to actually use this effectively. Endless possibilities if you have a big brain!" :lol: It's too expensive for me to want to find out if I'm smart enough... I can make illegible smears of ambient bullshit a lot cheaper than that!

No one is smart enough! In some distant future where an alien civilization is sifting through the ruins of earth, they'll find CBA pedals and look at it the way we look at the Antikythera mechanism. Like how did these plebs pull this off?

Unrelated but what the odds of there not being a prog metal band named the Antikythera mechanism?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
More people have been to the moon than there are guitarists who can use a Mood and a Dark World together to create a song that people will listen to.
You can add +1 to that list, some pleasant moments in this album by Knobs (the guy who started the Chase Bliss-core YouTube genre)

4Eyes

Reaction score
I know I often joke about buying pedals I don't need and don't use, but Chase Bliss pedals are the ones I want the most and play the least. Most of them I have never heard used in a musical context at all. Brilliant engineering though.
footprint and features are main reasons, why it's on the list. 99% of the time I need just good rhythm crunch :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shout-out to Vision Guitars out of San Jose, CA, the Lehle P-Split Stereo I ordered on Friday is already out for delivery while the rest of the dorks I ordered stuff from are just barely getting shipping labels generated. Free shipping, too.
I just checked their site

That spalted maple Tele they have on there. Daamn, that's awesome looking

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shout-out to Vision Guitars out of San Jose, CA, the Lehle P-Split Stereo I ordered on Friday is already out for delivery while the rest of the dorks I ordered stuff from are just barely getting shipping labels generated. Free shipping, too.

Yeah I've gotten stuff from Vision a few times, they've been great when I've ordered from them

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's clearly marked 8 though. Weird.
The issue is that you're measuring a DC resistance. Impedance is a bit different because you're dealing with alternating current. There's also an alternating voltage which can lead to a phase shift and it becomes very complicated from there. You can think of the DC resistance you measure with a multimeter as being a small part of the total impedance (the other part being reactance).

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
The issue is that you're measuring a DC resistance. Impedance is a bit different because you're dealing with alternating current. There's also an alternating voltage which can lead to a phase shift and it becomes very complicated from there. You can think of the DC resistance you measure with a multimeter as being a small part of the total impedance (the other part being reactance).
Yeah, I get that - but the other (4) 8 ohm speakers (from Eminence, Celestion and EV) I measured were all at ~6.7Ω, the WGS was double that.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Mislabelled maybe? The one time I contacted WGS about an issue (with used speakers) they sent me replacements at no charge. Hopefully support is still awesome!

I spent someone else’s money on a guitar today so that was fun :lol:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I want another Ronciswall headless. Going to make myself sell my J custom before I pull the trigger. I hope.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Guitars:

Had to return a used pedal to the local GC. They had a singlecut and doublecut PRS SE 594 so I gave them a try though an Orange Crush 50 combo. I can’t believe how good they sound. The singlecut just sounded a little bit better to my ears. I think they’re criminally underrated for rock/metal and I think I’ll pick one up soon.

I used the return money to buy a sonic blue Fender case. These are normally around $250 and I paid $140.

Pedals:

UAFX Lion - first quick test. Legit Plexi tones. Everything from fuzzed up early 70s tones to early EVH brown and some epically glorious cleans.

Wampler Dracarys - pulled this out of my storage boxes of pedals lol. Why isn’t this more popular?! Absolutely awesome rock and metal tones. Very smooth sounding. Reminds me of a much better Abasi Pathos with way more distortion on tap.

AltecGreen

Reaction score

I just checked their site

That spalted maple Tele they have on there. Daamn, that's awesome looking

Yeah I've gotten stuff from Vision a few times, they've been great when I've ordered from them

Vision is a lot of fun. It's one of the few stores in the US, I would actually visit. Fortunately, they are local so I go there from time to time. They were a life saver when I needed a part. I just hop in the car and go get the part.

The best part of buying in person from Vision is that the store is laid out like a supermarket. All of the pedals and stuff are stacked on shelves and you can get a basket and throw things in.

Shelves of pedals
IMG_6827.jpeg
IMG_6828.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg
IMG_6821.jpeg

IMG_6823.jpeg
IMG_6822.jpeg

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Mislabelled maybe? The one time I contacted WGS about an issue (with used speakers) they sent me replacements at no charge. Hopefully support is still awesome!

I spent someone else’s money on a guitar today so that was fun :lol:
Yeah I emailed them and they said it must've been mislabeled and they'd replace it for me. Unfortunately, I bought it used in my Port City cab so I'm not holding my breath on that 😭

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I emailed them and they said it must've been mislabeled and they'd replace it for me. Unfortunately, I bought it used in my Port City cab so I'm not holding my breath on that 😭
They did it for me, but that was 2008 lol

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Vision is a lot of fun. It's one of the few stores in the US, I would actually visit. Fortunately, they are local so I go there from time to time. They were a life saver when I needed a part. I just hop in the car and go get the part.

The best part of buying in person from Vision is that the store is laid out like a supermarket. All of the pedals and stuff are stacked on shelves and you can get a basket and throw things in.

Shelves of pedals
View attachment 138793View attachment 138794

View attachment 138795View attachment 138796

View attachment 138797View attachment 138798
Damn, I had no idea this was in SJ. I might have to stop by next time in the bay.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score

Shelves of pedals
View attachment 138793View attachment 138794

View attachment 138795View attachment 138796

View attachment 138797View attachment 138798
That's awesome. Will def be returning to them for future orders.

')