What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
i've been really bitter about far more petty things, i would be livid.

also @hhtjh you want an uberkab, trust me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
pretty sure someone on this forum snagged one on gc used for around $500, i dunno I can't get along with 2x12s they just always sound off to me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's why I'm still unsure if I want the 2x12 or 4x12. :lol:

Might just get both. I've heard a 2x12 + 4x12 mesa setup and it sounded nice.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Hah...

Its kind of a long story but I'll try to keep it short. Basically in late 2013 they said they had this product done and all they needed was cash up front to buy materials in bulk and keep cost down. It was going to ship in 4 months. So I talked to someone involved, signed up, and more importantly I campaigned for them and got other people to sign up.

Its been nearly three years since I pledged for something that was being billed as essentially a preorder. Went through missed deadline after missed deadline, watched them go back on their word over and over, saw them come out with and ship new products, and sat through 6+ months of complete radio silence. And again, more importantly to me, is that I was part of the reason that other people were going through the same ordeal. They overestimated how far along they were with the project and then grossly mismanaged communication through the bulk of the process while getting 144 people to give them $73,000.

I'm a little bitter :lol:

So I'm a kickstarter backer as well. It's certainly been annoying. The long periods with no updates being the worst part. I pretty much wrote it off a year or so in, assuming nothing would ever come of it.

I don't think you should blame yourself though. I think most of us were confident to back it because it was Fryette, who are established and know how to bring a product all the way to market, not some fly by night unknown builder.

Looking on the bright side, I've moved to Europe/UK since backing the kickstarter. If they'd shipped on their original timeline, I'd have gotten a 120V unit and had to pretty much immediately sell it (or run it off a power converter).

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any decent speakers, not necessarily monitors, that I can hook up to the line input on my interface? I don't have room for any optimal monitor placements or acoustic treatment or anything like that and I don't do a lot of mixing at this point and if I do I do it with my headphones, I just need something so I can direct monitor guitar and piano and things like that.

I have no idea what to get, I've only used headphones pretty much my entire life. Is it possible to get something like a small stage monitor and hook it up to the line input?

rokket2005

Reaction score
^What kind of budget are you looking at and how big do you want it to be? On the less expensive side it might be best to actually go with a small set of behringer monitors or something like that, but if you want a stage monitor i'd probably jump over the behringer or nady offerings and get a jbl eon series monitor. In the EU you might have other options that are just as good or more readily available.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
^What kind of budget are you looking at and how big do you want it to be? On the less expensive side it might be best to actually go with a small set of behringer monitors or something like that, but if you want a stage monitor i'd probably jump over the behringer or nady offerings and get a jbl eon series monitor. In the EU you might have other options that are just as good or more readily available.
Probably somewhere around $150 or less, I don't need anything fancy, just something small and portable that I can use to both connect to my interface when I'm at home and connect to the GSP1101 when jamming with people. Can a stage monitor do both of that? Looks like it'd be the easiest option since I'd prefer to have one speaker instead of two.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Yeah a stage monitor would be your best bet for that. In that price range you'll probably be looking at behringer or kustom stuff or if you can find other stuff used cheap enough. It seems to me that old model PA gear seems to depreciate in value really quick, so it might be possible to find old jbl, yamaha, or qsc stuff in that price range.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I'm planning to run it in the loop of my HD500 as a preamp and use some IRs in my DAW (at least until I get my hands on a Two Notes or something similar).

I picked one up last year and surprisingly, I use it more with my bass rig than guitar. I've tried running it into my GSP and using IRs with it but the results were still a bit fizzy. On the other hand, running it into a Fender amp model yielded MUCH better results.

Maybe I was just doing it wrong but the same thing happened when I hooked up an MXR 5150 Overdrive.

Loop + custom IR = :noplease:

Input + Fender amp sim (GSP 1101)+ custom IR = :hbang:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Well my atomic reactor purchase fell through because the seller never accepted my payment through paypal :rant:

Soooo now I wait for the holcomb SE to be officially announced to snag one I guess. :yesway:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Yeah a stage monitor would be your best bet for that. In that price range you'll probably be looking at behringer or kustom stuff or if you can find other stuff used cheap enough. It seems to me that old model PA gear seems to depreciate in value really quick, so it might be possible to find old jbl, yamaha, or qsc stuff in that price range.
I found this which is very cheap but I pretty much only need some volume out. But it's passive, do I need one that's active to use it in the way I plan to?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on this... NGD soon.

108005370_samick-blues-saraceno-tv-twenty-electric-guitar-with-gig.jpg

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I picked one up last year and surprisingly, I use it more with my bass rig than guitar. I've tried running it into my GSP and using IRs with it but the results were still a bit fizzy. On the other hand, running it into a Fender amp model yielded MUCH better results.

Maybe I was just doing it wrong but the same thing happened when I hooked up an MXR 5150 Overdrive.

Loop + custom IR = :noplease:

Input + Fender amp sim (GSP 1101)+ custom IR = :hbang:

This is good to know, I'll have to try it both ways. I'm guessing I would turn off the cab sim on my Fender model and use custom IRs in software since the HD500 cannot load IRs.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Finally ....in' did it.
Finally bought the goddamn Mesa 4x12. :rofl:

EDIT: Dunno why my next purchase will be, but like I said in the GAS thread, I'm thinking about a Randall T2/V2 or an Ibanez RGD. Also heard from Kurt they're thinking about bringing back the SX Castillo CS in Wine Red... Very tempting.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Either a Kiesel VM8 or an AM8 I really cannot decide which one I want. Opinions? Specs are listed below

Custom single piece maple burl top
Chambered black limba body
5 piece black limba/white limba neck
Translucent purple finish with blackburst edges
No inlays
Medium jumbo ss frets

Gonna get a custom set of duncans and a piezo setup to put in it as well.

Last edited:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I've purchased a Carvin Legacy I 2x12, whether or not I will receive it remains to be seen as the seller on ebay is messing me around. If he doesn't send it, I'm going to get a refund and buy a Legacy III head and a Legacy III 2x12 cab.

Regardless of what the outcome of that is, I'll probably get a Morley Bad Horsie and maybe one of the Ibanez Premium UVs, I've had my eye on the white one for a while.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Actually, another thing I was thinking about doing was selling off my HD500 and putting that money towards a GSP1101. Feels like that would suit me over the HD500 since I only use the HD for ODs, distortions, and effects. Rarely touch the amp sims now.

Latest posts

')