What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a bunch of pedals I likely should start selling off, but I'm not looking forward to providing my SSN or whatever to Reverb just to have to pay taxes on sales where I'm going to lose money on basically every pedal.
You know, I'm half tempted to get a small business setup or something to bypass the personal SSN thing. Not sure if that is just a form or if a lawyer would need to get involved.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Craigslist: Not dealing with cash (annoying to get $500 at a time on my card), check is a problem waiting to happen, and PayPal would be a great way for a scammer to end up with the pedal and the money.

Just about every transaction I've done where cash was the standard has been with an app these days. Either Venmo, CashApp, or Zelle. My bank even has a deal with Zelle so there are zero fees ever. Worth looking into.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I got a new distortion/boost pedal and I dig it: Decibel Eleven Dirt Clod. It sounds great as a boost to an amp, or as a boost to my Jackson Audio Asabi.

...but then I got a Kernom Ridge last week and I keep building stacked tones with these pedals thinking they're awesome, then I pull out the Ridge and am able to dial in the exact same sound with it and I'm starting to think that stacking anything is futile and I should just sell all my drives except the Ridge 🤷‍♂️

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I got a new distortion/boost pedal and I dig it: Decibel Eleven Dirt Clod. It sounds great as a boost to an amp, or as a boost to my Jackson Audio Asabi.

...but then I got a Kernom Ridge last week and I keep building stacked tones with these pedals thinking they're awesome, then I pull out the Ridge and am able to dial in the exact same sound with it and I'm starting to think that stacking anything is futile and I should just sell all my drives except the Ridge 🤷‍♂️
The Ridge seems interesting. Don't they have one for fuzzes or distortions or something as well?

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
I have to stop looking at craigslist. This popped up for $1k and I couldn't ignore it.

IMG-6240.jpg

warped

Reaction score
I have ordered this guitar (on it's way as we speak) - 6 string multiscale version:

And am on pre-order list for this amp:

(un-intentional purple theme)

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Well it looks like I have those coming my way:
- Jet City JCA22H (that I will do a SLO mod on to 1. see if I like the "slo" type of sound and 2. see if I like modding amps, the end goal being to build a SLO kit).
- Torpedo Captor to go with it.

Got a good deal on both. Basically got the JCA for the price of a set of tube and it has just been retubed... let's see how it fares.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Picked up a T75 speaker today to pair with a V30 for the 5150 combo. A little extra work to convert it to 8 ohms and plug into the external jack and voila:

IMG_1180.jpeg

Sounds big and much punchier than the old Sheffields or even my vertical 2x12 with V30+Creamback. This weekend I’ll crack it back open to add some solder beads to the connections, the clips are crimped on pretty good but don’t want to take chances.

Shask

Reaction score
Well it looks like I have those coming my way:
- Jet City JCA22H (that I will do a SLO mod on to 1. see if I like the "slo" type of sound and 2. see if I like modding amps, the end goal being to build a SLO kit).
- Torpedo Captor to go with it.

Got a good deal on both. Basically got the JCA for the price of a set of tube and it has just been retubed... let's see how it fares.
The bad thing about the JCA22H is that it uses the small EL84 tubes, but the good thing is, that amp already has the good effects loop.

My JCA100HDM had the stupid SLO loop that is before the tone stack, and I did a pretty extensive mod to copy the JCA22H loop. I had to drill holes through the PCB and all kinds of crazy stuff.

The basic SLO mod is pretty easy though. I think it is like 6 parts or something.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
I don't mind the EL84 glass too much. I will also do a depth mod on it. It's just to get a taste of this kind of sound really and for 200€ I am happy.

And yeah the mods I want to do look easy enough. If I manage and don't die doing those, onwards to more complicated projects. I came to terms with the fact that I suck as a player but still love the instrument so I am finding new ways to enjoy myself :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
I don't mind the EL84 glass too much. I will also do a depth mod on it. It's just to get a taste of this kind of sound really and for 200€ I am happy.

And yeah the mods I want to do look easy enough. If I manage and don't die doing those, onwards to more complicated projects. I came to terms with the fact that I suck as a player but still love the instrument so I am finding new ways to enjoy myself :lol:
I always thought about picking up a cheap JCA22H to mess around with to see how huge I could get it sounding with depth mods, but then the prices shot up, it is wasn't a cheap project anymore, lol.

The SLO mods are basically replacing the gain pots, and a few caps and resistors right after the gain pots. They actually lower the gain and clean up the excessive mud in the preamp. It is a lot clearer after the mod. There are also a few caps in the powerramp that many of the mod lists miss, where you need to increase the phase inverter coupling caps to a larger value to get more bass in the poweramp. The stock design is weird, because there is too much bass in the preamp, but not enough bass in the preamp. It is backwards from how it should be.

I did all that, but I also moved the loop from before the tone stack to after the tone stack, with an additional master volume knob on the back. That part was a pain in the ass, but made the loop, and the amp overall, much more useful. Now I can use the big SLO poweramp as a poweramp for my modelers, and other amps and such.

')