What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I've tried a good number of them, not all of them. but I thought all of them were terrible subpar pickups. not a step up from any stock pickup in any sense of the word. you can make anything sound good for a youtube video.

oracles

Reaction score
you've tried them? all the demos I heard on youtube sounded pretty good :shrug:

You and I must have some pretty different tastes, because I'm yet to hear one I like. The Tsarbomba so far is far and above my least favourite, followed by the Patriots.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
You and I must have some pretty different tastes, because I'm yet to hear one I like. The Tsarbomba so far is far and above my least favourite, followed by the Patriots.

:shrug: it was either get a patriot or an atlas. I thought about trying the polaris too but we'll see.

oracles

Reaction score

Check out the Avedissian stuff. Alex is a really knowledgeable and helpful guy, builds quickly and takes custom requests. He just finished up a custom HSS set for me, quoted me two weeks and had them in the mail within 10 days. Super responsive, can't recommend him enough. He's done some builds for bigger names too, including Sleep and High on Fire.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Check out the Avedissian stuff. Alex is a really knowledgeable and helpful guy, builds quickly and takes custom requests. He just finished up a custom HSS set for me, quoted me two weeks and had them in the mail within 10 days. Super responsive, can't recommend him enough. He's done some builds for bigger names too, including Sleep and High on Fire.

ok I'll look into him.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
I promised to myself that my next guitar will be a Prestige Ibanez, maybe a 7-string so that I won't have redundancies with the sixes I already have.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ended up getting a pickup from elysian. Also have the dimarzio eclipse bridge ordered to test out.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I want to drop some KT88s in my Dual Dark 50, but I was kind of thinking I might want to get a DIVO Interface.

Orange_Divo_Interface_Full-Kit-View-705x470.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Next up is a coupla things...

An OD pedal (something special), a PRS Singlecut or Custom/Standard 22, a set of pickups for it (either the tried and true 81/60, Het Set, or the new Fat 55's), and another Spector bass.

EDIT: Scratch off the PRS. Found me a rare colored Singlecut. :D

rokket2005

Reaction score
Unexpectedly bought myself a new Taye snare and a dw double pedal in the past two days. Now I just need somewhere to record drums.

protest

Reaction score
Ah man I feel you on that one, vet bills are a bitch. We're down $2500 already this year :(

Yea man, and it escalates so quickly. It started out at a $300 blood test/visit last week and by the end of yesterday it was up to $2800. Just crazy.

')