What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea man, and it escalates so quickly. It started out at a $300 blood test/visit last week and by the end of yesterday it was up to $2800. Just crazy.

I hear you. We could have bought a used car for what our three dogs cost us last year :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I just got hit with some vet bills today so it might be a FS thread rather than a NGD :mad:

Ah man I feel you on that one, vet bills are a bitch. We're down $2500 already this year :(

Yea man, and it escalates so quickly. It started out at a $300 blood test/visit last week and by the end of yesterday it was up to $2800. Just crazy.

I hear you. We could have bought a used car for what out three dogs cost us last year :lol:

ya'll muthfukuhs need pet insurance.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
EDIT: Scratch off the PRS. Found me a rare colored Singlecut. :D
As the unofficial SSO PRS Singlecut Ambassador to Tonal Bliss let me just say,

54212026.jpg

As for me:

I'm attempting to downsize, sold 2 of my Eclipses and SE Holcomb. Would ideally like to have all of my guitars on one rack but it's hard to narrow it down. I'm probably gonna just save up and offload another guitar or 2 until something special pops up or I get involved in a 2 guitar trade for a Juggernaut or some .... :lol:

Who knows these days, my Strandberg and Axe FX II have me happy for now though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
As the unofficial SSO PRS Singlecut Ambassador to Tonal Bliss let me just say,

54212026.jpg

Well it's an SE. Forgot to include that. :rofl:

And I technically own one right now. :fawk: Although it's a Nick Catense, which is a SE 245 on steroids.

2qFJH.jpg

Which reminds me... My next purchase for it is... Another 81/60 set. :rofl: Although I'm debating between the 81/60, 81x/60x, or the Het Set. I debated on trying the Nazgul/Jazz set, but I'm not 100% sure if I want to step out of my comfort zone. I MIGHT try SD's return policy.

EDIT: Neeevermind. The 21-day thingy only works with exchanges. No refunds. :(

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Well it's an SE. Forgot to include that. :rofl:

And I technically own one right now. :fawk: Although it's a Nick Catense, which is a SE 245 on steroids.

Which reminds me... My next purchase for it is... Another 81/60 set. :rofl: Although I'm debating between the 81/60, 81x/60x, or the Het Set. I debated on trying the Nazgul/Jazz set, but I'm not 100% sure if I want to step out of my comfort zone. I MIGHT try SD's return policy.

Nothing wrong with the SE's they still count :lol: :agreed:

protest

Reaction score
So the ESP showed up today and I'm wondering if I should be concerned about this:

20170406_194237_HDR_zps0bkvyofn.jpg

20170406_194336_HDR_zpswnynshe9.jpg

20170406_194431_HDR_zpskm2logpl.jpg

20170406_194441_HDR_zpsbjx3sa4e.jpg

Discoloration aside, neither side feels cracked when I run my finger across it, but it's a little concerning.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Every one of mine have it. It's just where the neck and headstock binding meet. Discoloration could just be from the glue.

protest

Reaction score
Every one of mine have it. It's just where the neck and headstock binding meet. Discoloration could just be from the glue.

Thanks JD, I'm not used to having guitars with neck binding. The only one I've owned for any time is an 80's ESP that I never cared enough to really check, and my Jackson which doesn't have anything like that on it.

I was afraid for a second that I wouldn't be able to sell this to you or Feral in a couple months :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sooo, I'm set on a new set of EMGs for my incoming PRS SE Singlecut.

Just dunno if I should go with what I know and spend like $100 - $120 on a used set of standard EMGs (81/60 or 81/85), or splurge the extra $100+ on a Het Set.

protest

Reaction score
Sooo, I'm set on a new set of EMGs for my incoming PRS SE Singlecut.

Just dunno if I should go with what I know and spend like $100 - $120 on a used set of standard EMGs (81/60 or 81/85), or splurge the extra $100+ on a Het Set.

57/66? They're cheaper than a het set right?

....is that Matt Hardy :lol:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
tubedepot.com is running a 10% off everything special through tomorrow, so I ordered a pair of EHX 6CA7's and a balanced Sovtek LPS for the power and phase inverter spots in my VHT 50/CL as well as a couple of EHX preamp tubes to try out in my other amps.

Also ordered a set of black chicken head knobs off of eBay to replace the white ones on my EVH 50w head :metal:

oracles

Reaction score
Just bought a full round of tubes for my Fryette Sig X, went for Svetlana's in the pre amp, Gold Lion KT88's and a Winged C (SED) black plate 5U4 rectifier tube, plus a full round of Svetlana preamps for my ENGL Invader 150 as well.

Aside from my lengthy amp GAS list, all I'm really hunting is an EGC Series 5 and an Eventide H9.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Jackson Juggernaut, the USA made one. Very interested to see how it compares to my other guitars especially my ESP Horizon, RGA321 and JP6's

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
I keep building up my POVERTY RIG. Now I have added a Digitech XP360 to the collection, and also a second hand Epiphone Firebird (used and abused).
Sounds great, having fun jamming the hell out of this rig! Can't say it sounds great, but it is more than decent :)

')