What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
...so what did you go with?

I went back to the Single Rec after flirting very briefly with the notion of driving out to Abbotsford (a three hour round trip) to check out a Carvin V3. The three channels and 100 watt power (switchable to 50/25 on the Carvin and switchable to 30 on the Traynor) of both the of the other contenders (not to mention the crazy features on the V3, that loop routing is pretty special) were really hard to resist, but that Recto tone really does it for me and will mesh better with my co-guitarist's JCM2000. And fvck reverb, right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glpg80

√εvil
Reaction score
Hard to beat a single recto. A single rec was the first mesa I liked and led to the search for a tremoverb on my end. Build quality that is killer and signature tone that is a staple in many recordings.

ElasticPancakes

Reaction score
I need to buy either an frfr speaker or some studio monitors to go with my axe fx ultra. Really liking the axe fx, most expensive practice amp I've ever purchased lol. I plan to use it more when I start a new band.... god damn work deadlines ruining my mojo.

Anyone with speaker/ monitor suggestions feel free to chime in. :yesway:

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
i am torn between three 6ers i want next. my 7 is good to go so its time to get the 6 in order. almost time to retire my ESP LTD EX400 and im done with tune o matics.

i am only going to have $1,000 to play with and anything more will have to come out of my paychecks afterwards.

but regardless of which i go with i want a hipshot or hipshot style bridge, bareknuckles, and locking tuners.

here are the 3 models im looking at

Agile Septor Elite 625 MN EMG Black Flame DOT $600. if i get this ill take out the EMGs, sell em, replace with BKPs, and remove the mount rings and fill the screw holes. also replace the tuners with gold locking ones, replace the saddles with gold hipshot saddles, creme Earvana nut, and gold knobs.

Jackson DK2MHT $700-$900. this one all i will do is swap the pups for BKPs, and get hipshot saddles in chrome, and an Earvana nut. it comes with locking tuners already. but i REALLY hate the headstock. i want the strings in line and my other guitarist has a couple jacksons and those extreme angles on the strings there really make shit annoying.

Ibanez RGA32. this one will be cheaper off the bat, ive seen them go from $150-$500. but i would do a hell of alot more mods to it. strip body and neck down, route for Hipshot bridge (i hate that gibralter), fill screw holes from the gibralter, fill holes from pickup mount rings, prime and paint body and headstock to match, locking tuners, Earvana nut, and BKPs.

I'm leaning towards the Agile or Jackson on asthetics, but the Ibby would save me a bit of $ if i put in the extra time and work. but im really digging those maple fretboards. this conundrum has made me realize that guitar manufactures are extremely limited on models with these types of bridges on 6 string models under a couple thousand dollars. being stock or custom only a couple makers have these options for an affordable price. even with a bunch of modding.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
^ Grab that Agile and sell me the EMGs. Go with some nice Graphtec saddles on that, also.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
^ Grab that Agile and sell me the EMGs. Go with some nice Graphtec saddles on that, also.

except im getting hipshot saddles. i replaced the shitty stock saddles on my Ibanez RG7321 with hipshots and i'll never go back. comfiest, and best sounding ive ever played. made that guitar play like a whole new ax

enghell

Funeral Doom
Reaction score
Building a new PC for music production in a couple of weeks, then I guess buying a UAD-2 DUO or QUAD after that for mentioned computer and hopefully in a couple of months order a RAN Crusher FT sevenstring.

And if I could buy time and something that got rid of distractions, that would also be on the list. :lol:

celticelk

Reaction score
Just scored a used EHX Deluxe Memory Boy on eBay for a very reasonable price. Tap-tempo analog delay FTW! Hopefully that'll complete my board for a while....

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I put this on lay away a little bit ago. Still owe $409 on it

1412650_10203454744508382_1849029155_o.jpg

phonix

Reaction score
Its going to have to be a rack case of some sort to mount my newly acquired pre and power amp in. Just wish more stores actually stocked them so I could actually see it before purchase.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I'm getting used to the idea of keeping my board to a minimum (for me), but I'm gonna need a volume pedal, a fuzz of some sort, and possibly a reverb pedal. Post-rock is a vicious mistress. The volume pedal sitch is strange because I have no buffered pedals and a mix of active and passive pickups in my guitars. I could conceivably swap the EMGs out of the Torero and get a 250K pot volume pedal or put my TS-9 back on the board in front of the volume pedal and get the 25K version...

Latest posts

')