What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
I'm getting used to the idea of keeping my board to a minimum (for me), but I'm gonna need a volume pedal, a fuzz of some sort, and possibly a reverb pedal. Post-rock is a vicious mistress. The volume pedal sitch is strange because I have no buffered pedals and a mix of active and passive pickups in my guitars. I could conceivably swap the EMGs out of the Torero and get a 250K pot volume pedal or put my TS-9 back on the board in front of the volume pedal and get the 25K version...

Diamond Fireburst.

I had it for a couple weeks, and I found out I'm just really not into fuzzes. The thing was beastly though.

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
Dual or Triple Rectifier is next on my list

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
:yesway: I approve of this thread. I actually keep a list on the go the past couple of years listed in an ever changing sequence of priority. Below is what I'm hoping/planning to accomplish this year. Rig wise I'm feeling pretty content with my setup. Just wanna add a few more pedals for fun and then finish all my cabling.

Guitar: (One of the following)
-I really want to get a 2nd Ibanez RG2228 and re-finish it. I'd like to do a galaxy-white paint for the body and headstock with white Seymour Duncan Blackout 8's..... :yum:
OR
-Ibanez RGD2127FX w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Rig:
-Build some rack-ears so I can rackmount my Rivera RockCrusher
-New Quad of =C= EL34's for my Rivera KR 100
-Trade my EHX Small Stone Nano for a MXR EVH Phase 90
-MXR EVH Flanger
-either a Dunlop Univibe or TC Electronic Shaker (I love the Toneprint technology and with the Editor on the horizon I'm really leaning towards the Shaker)
-Finish all my cabling throughout my rig. Lots of short MIDI cables r/a x r/a that I need to solder up in my rack and on the pedalboard. Also gonna prewire my pedalboard (Trailer Trash) with some 1/4" jacks, MIDI jack and AC Plug on the side finally.
-Peterson StroboStomp 2 or HD
-Green and blue LED's to replace all the red's in my Voodoo Lab GCPro. Just wanna customize it really.
-Ultracase GSX-4 (expensive and totally uneccesary but I really want one :lol:)
Time to recap!
-Bought a new quad of Tung Sols for my Rivera instead of =C='s due to the escalating cost and availability.
-Traded my EHX SS Nano for the MXR EVH Phase 90. Love it, so much happier with the EVH.
-Bought the TC Electronic Shaker, FUN pedal :yesway:
-Got all of my MIDI cabling done by Nice Rack Canada. Did an amazing job for a great price.
-Got the Peterson StroboPLUS HD. Great tuner.
-Upgraded my Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro for an Axess Electronics FX1. I feel complete with this new controller. It's amazing.

My updated Gear purchase list:
-A new guitar.... 7 or 8. Waiting for Ibanez's 2014 catalog before I make a final decision, but right now it's either a RGD2127Z or the RG2228A-GW.
-Custom power solution for my MXR/CAE MC403 (in my rack) to power my Eventide pedals. This will be through Nice Rack Canada once again.
-TC Electronic Spark Booster. I really want to try one in my rig to see how it compares to the TS808 I have now.
-Still gotta fabricate some rack ears for my Rivera RockCrusher.
-Still gotta do the main AC and 1/4" jacks on my Trailer Trash pedalboard to finish it off.
-Ultracase GSX-4
-Rivera RockCrusher Recording. I REALLY want to get one for silent practicing, recording and for live use especially.

MaCkCiTy

Reaction score
It would have been an El Diablo w/G Flex 412 earlier tonight, but silly b!tch in the middle of nowhere put it on eBay and only wants local pickup. Wouldn't even box it up if I arrange for the courier! Then why put it on the web? Just put it on the local notice board in your town if you're that lazy! :/

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Walrus Audio Descent Reverb and Sentient/Pegasus set for my DC700 (probably).

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
It would have been an El Diablo w/G Flex 412 earlier tonight, but silly b!tch in the middle of nowhere put it on eBay and only wants local pickup. Wouldn't even box it up if I arrange for the courier! Then why put it on the web? Just put it on the local notice board in your town if you're that lazy! :/

That's hilarious. I find it super funny how Aussies use eBay and put local pickup only so frequently.

Vinny530

Reaction score
Next thing to get will probably be an extended scale 7 string with a fixed bridge and passive pickups. Would like to find an RG7421XL.

Cobhc221

Reaction score
this year is going to be tough for me to pick a new guitar gear to but this year....seeing how soooo many companies are putting out new gear this year.

i would love to have the chthotic jesse liu 7 string but thats waaaayyyyy out of my budget....im possibly going to either by the new jeff loomis signature or The Ben Savage siggy.

then buy another guitar cab probably an engl xxl or an orange ppchp412....then pedals and other wank shit.
:deathm:

ambler3

Reaction score
Let's see, current GAS list:

Trade Schecter Omen Extreme 6 for a 7 string (Jackson, Ibanez or Schecter)
TC electronics Flashback delay
Shure SM57

And now that I've nearly converted my 6505+ 112 into a head and cab, soon should change the speaker for an Eminence V12

Dethyr

Banned
Reaction score
I am fixing up an Ibanez RGR420ex. Got pickups, a tremolno, pickguard, new tuners and so on. Going to be fun.

Chuck

Reaction score
List of guitars I wish to acquire this year:

Ibanez RG852 Limba
Schecter JL-7
Jackson DK2M
Jackson Pro DK7
Gibson LP Studio
Lakland Skyline DJ-5 or 55-02

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
There are only two pieces of gear I want honestly, an RG752 Limba and an AR prestige.

Besides that, I'm actually content with my rig.

WarMachine

Reaction score
If everything works out with my taxes:

ISP Stealth
Dean Razorback X-Ray (load it with D Activator X's)
Dean Razorback Skullz (same deal here)
BC Rich Jr. V ( and yup, same again lol)

celticelk

Reaction score
Apparently I'm going on a semi-vintage 7-string hunt this year, since the sweet spot for 7s made to my tastes (i.e. non-superstrats) seems to have been 1999-2002. On the shopping list:

DeArmond S67
Ibanez AX7521
Schecter T-7
Danelectro Mod 7
[ETA: and a Yamaha AES-RS7, if one ever comes out from hiding]

Also pickup replacements and other mods for the above as they come in.

Oh, and one of those new Ibanez nylon 7-strings, because damn.

Preciousyetvicious

Reaction score
Weeellll...

Panasonic V-201 camcorder for better YouTube videos (not technically gear gear, but it's on the top of the list)
Lucero LCT250CE
Seymour Duncan 7 String Blackouts

Decide whether I should fix the two broken bridge saddles on the Ibanez RG 7 so I can have the backup guitar that I really, really, really, should have for shows, OR give in to my GAS and consider purchasing an RG Premium 7 or a Sterling JP70.

Also, supplies to make my Dean vendetta 7 into a project guitar.

axemanrio

Reaction score
DiMarzio Illuminators for my white JP6.
Ibanez RGD7UC (can't wait until they're out!).

')