What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Some decent points, but I'd really nail down what sort of amp you want. Modded Marshall? Modern high gain? Etc. once you get this figured out, then look at amps in that ballpark tone wise, and go from there.
A lot of my post there was sarcastic, but I was serious about those being seriously different amps. I’d agree with you here, decide on a tone you want with your next amp instead of just finding sick amps in general. Diezel is a really unique tone that many don’t jive with, but many love. Revv is modern ultra tight, invective is more american 6505/5150 family style gain, bogner is marshall style...etc. What styles do you play and who do you like tone wise, @TedintheShed ?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
A lot of my post there was sarcastic, but I was serious about those being seriously different amps. I’d agree with you here, decide on a tone you want with your next amp instead of just finding sick amps in general. Diezel is a really unique tone that many don’t jive with, but many love. Revv is modern ultra tight, invective is more american 6505/5150 family style gain, bogner is marshall style...etc. What styles do you play and who do you like tone wise, @TedintheShed ?
Frankly, I thought the demos for the Diezel amps and preamp pedals sound kinda... awful. Not for me. There are just a few areas of the tonal spectrum that those amps cover that just spoil the rest of the tone for me.

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
p_region_RGD71ALMS_BAM_1P_01.png

The specs are right and the price is right; I'm just hoping the indo QC is right! My first Ibanez was a prestige, so I'm hoping this doesn't feel like too much of a downgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score

I like a lot of stuff. Hell, I'm listening to bluegrass as I type this.

Favorite tones are James Hetfield, Adam Jones, KSE (My Curse), Slipknot and Dimebag. I grew up on thrash, (I'm 52) but some of the early tones are too thin. Physical disability (neuropathy) prevents me from soloing, so I play mainly rhytmn. When palm muting, I like to feel it hit my chest.

I came to the conclusion that I probably don't want amp like a Revv- while I love to listen to more modern stuff I doubt if I'd ever play it.

And thanks for helping.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
More than likely the Friedman JJ Jr.

I really want this but I have also been looking at a Kemper for a long time. I really like the tones from this JJ but it is a toss up as of now.JJ Jr.jpg

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
I just bought the greatest piece of guitar gear known to man. I'm waiting for it to arrive. You're all totes jealous but hey...I'm a grown man and I do grown man shit.
mt-2_top_main.jpg
the mt2 is good and has always been a good pedal, it's just people like to hate on it because it's finicky with the mid frequencies.

Reaction score
What, no Waza Craft Metal Zone?

Dude, this is honestly one of the better and most versatile distortions, don't believe the hate meme.

the mt2 is good and has always been a good pedal, it's just people like to hate on it because it's finicky with the mid frequencies.

I don't think in the entire time I've played guitar that I've ever owned one of these pedals. I saw one for 20 bucks and figured I'd see what all the fuss is about. I also hear putting it in the FX loop is what does the trick. I figure it's something cheap to play with while I wait to get my boost pedal

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I don't think in the entire time I've played guitar that I've ever owned one of these pedals. I saw one for 20 bucks and figured I'd see what all the fuss is about. I also hear putting it in the FX loop is what does the trick. I figure it's something cheap to play with while I wait to get my boost pedal
it depends on the amp, some work fine with it up front, some work wayyy better with it in the fx loop. it works relatively well as a boost too. that's how kirk from crowbar/down has used it for years

Reaction score
it depends on the amp, some work fine with it up front, some work wayyy better with it in the fx loop. it works relatively well as a boost too. that's how kirk from crowbar/down has used it for years

Yeah I'm doing industrial type stuff so some buzzsaw kinda tone works at times. We'll see how I get on with it. I like my sound now..although I could use a touch more gain. We'll see what I get outta this thing

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's the Kirk Windstein rig. Metal Zone boosting a Randall head. Have the EQs at 12:00, volume max, and a hair of distortion

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
MT2 is surprisingly versatile, if you want to use it as a distortion pedal, it’s best used with a clean channel that doesn’t have a bright cap (box of bees otherwise).

Also works cool as a boost into a dirty channel, if you’re into that Cannibal Corpse kinda sound.

Waza MT2 is cool, the custom mode is very improved, many of the MT2’s original faults are fixed, but it’s still an MT2.

Reaction score
That's the Kirk Windstein rig. Metal Zone boosting a Randall head. Have the EQs at 12:00, volume max, and a hair of distortion

That's pretty much what I'm doing. MT2 into a Randall. We'll see how it goes

MT2 is surprisingly versatile, if you want to use it as a distortion pedal, it’s best used with a clean channel that doesn’t have a bright cap (box of bees otherwise).

Also works cool as a boost into a dirty channel, if you’re into that Cannibal Corpse kinda sound.

Waza MT2 is cool, the custom mode is very improved, many of the MT2’s original faults are fixed, but it’s still an MT2.

I thought about getting the Wazazone..but I figured I'd try the original. It was only 20 bucks and unless it's great I probably just have it as something to play with. I'm not all that certain I'll stick with it at all.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score

from the clips i've heard i don't hear a big enough difference to warrant the extra cost over a regular mt2. :shrug:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That's pretty much what I'm doing. MT2 into a Randall. We'll see how it goes

Before I even learned about boosting amps, I had the RX35DM and felt it lacked the gain. I one time got curious and pushed the front end of the dirt channel with a Boss DS-1 I had lying around (Level max, gain super low, tone at like 2:00 maybe?) and was like... holy shit why have I never heard of this before? :lol: So yeah, boosting a Randall RX series would be killer.

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
yup, chinese skerveten copy. they also do strandberg copies.

i bought one last year, damn good guitar for the price, i got a strandberg copy, had a bad trussrod when i got it so they sent me a whole new neck with all the hardware on it and even a pack of strings, i will definitely buy another one from them if they make a 7 string strandberg copy.