What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Not particularly interested as I think it's too compressed in the one or two demos I could find, but you guys might be interested in the Joyo Uzi.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
p_region_RGD71ALMS_BAM_1P_01.png

The specs are right and the price is right; I'm just hoping the indo QC is right! My first Ibanez was a prestige, so I'm hoping this doesn't feel like too much of a downgrade.

I played this at my local today. Was actually surprised by how well it played. It looks so much better in person as well, Ibanez haven't done themselves any favours with the stock photos this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A.JohnHayes

Gallops go brrr
Reaction score
I played this at my local today. Was actually surprised by how well it played. It looks so much better in person as well, Ibanez haven't done themselves any favours with the stock photos this year.

Cheers for the heads up! That's reassuring as nowhere in my country will have this in stock, and I'll need to order online.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Amazon has the M-Audio EX-P for only $22 bones right now, so fuck it, gave me a reason to get a 2nd expression pedal for my Helix, since I've read it's one of the few compatible expression pedals.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Locking tuners, straplocks, and a new flight case for my New Kevin Bond Jackson.

Stupid Jackson thread giving me gas.

I need to stay off this forum. Every damn time I browse....

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
Amazon has the M-Audio EX-P for only $22 bones right now, so fuck it, gave me a reason to get a 2nd expression pedal for my Helix, since I've read it's one of the few compatible expression pedals.
Nice! thanks for sharing. I just ordered one too. Used my points on my card and only paid like 8 bucks for the pedal.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I hope to be owning a late model Prestige RG within 12 hours.

29 years, 3rd MIJ RG. Oh I, aaayeeaaayyyaaahh, will always lo-oooo-oove you-oouoUOUOUOUooooo.....
8oopxeFU-P1wWJNaao5eLuPnbFxp3_dRkMGEVA9U4AKji73_IQZGzXZ2SOYXsPKY60pyHrS_LZnpSwUmIMwFCrx_OMC4JJdwnucesoigAtThZuVuN1hUKi-uZNKn6Hou-S9_AsHlo5HvcE4S9Ga0yE6Nfl0uUNJ2BjmBGakbhWel5nvCsV0TAK8AtKs2i4TOmuhGhCk3ayamQ3LHg_wgTFFnP_muz_KmKNSWcCiqyjVHWX23-GMRwBL0JJOFKpgXXYLCnUZsUzVq3mW62TrE8BtjUz3JSmK_EExi9zb8J9iuyIS8_w2aGJEhiV3NAC53CwCL7fHz8QOmhYaMKrTX3P4rifDvr_7CGAy9zwwQRtciIHNwAy0sZ2PHBDkuiNeliGXrXxEO-PGdReRx9kO2LtBaX8E0-v9S7w0pcv9_kxdTT1VSJ4DOpIGQnMhpn4gL3Kk4-N8EGvt1EVjxHZzEZfwAttLpugNuJFUPMTN6RbKbOJyYDh_iv__RE1JHffyQlYJA8j48W4NOY7DsmM2qSASWRbrSLzb11jQ7XgVX5oFlHinuXXM6-X0x50ohp-wPk96Qe5kcaL0tRXswEnXJmtysL55Ab0gX9iGleuTxJJLigCciPf3tcyWllp8kO5LVm7-qQjMcebl4cOD4b8hyMX-702Vixltw=w427-h758-no

Unexpected opportunity couldn't miss. So I gotter. Mint 2018, PO swapped for Tone Zone and Air Norton. That Ibanez multitool is in the case too, not sure if that is original to the Prestige purchase these days but cool....

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Had to sell my Kemper, so I'm having to slowly rebuild a rig now that'll match its versatility and apartment-friendliness, and get close enough in tone for me to be happy. I'll be brushing up on my tapdancing skills I guess. :lol: Got an AMT M2 and R2 already, and just ordered this. Hopefully it'll help ease my pain. A reverb or delay will probably be next on the list.

torpedo_cab_2.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Exactly. To both :lol:

The R2 definitely has that Recto flavor. Thick, chunky, growly. Just not as fizzy or scooped which i really like. The cab sims an old school analog lowpass EQ, so don't expect anything fancy. Just go straight into impulses.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
@Smoked Porter why get the C.A.B. when you can run the R2 straight into an interface if you want to use IRs? You can use a pedal power amp if you want to drive a cab too and it'll be apartment levels.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
@ATRguitar91 It will be for jamming with my buds too, not just for in my apartment. I already have a powered speaker, and didn't want to have to get a cab and power amp, for now anyway. Plus I like being able to play I tethered from the computer if I want.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
You’ll dig the R2, just don’t use the built in cab sim lol
Exactly. To both :lol:

The R2 definitely has that Recto flavor. Thick, chunky, growly. Just not as fizzy or scooped which i really like. The cab sims an old school analog lowpass EQ, so don't expect anything fancy. Just go straight into impulses.

Yeah, I've been running it into free redwirez IRs on my laptop and really dig them both. I did try the cab sim out just out of curiosity, and yeah, no bueno. :lol: