What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah I agree there. I like the ability to just plug in and go when I just wanna jam by myself. Not needing to load up a bunch of programs

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a used 5153 50w 6L6 off of Guitar Center's website. It's the newer one with the concentric knobs in excellent condition. I wasn't expecting to find the new revision used, and at a good price. Now I can directly compare the 50w 6L6 with my 50w EL34. I plan on just keeping the winner, but we all know what will really happen right?
I'll end up keeping BOTH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a used 5153 50w 6L6 off of Guitar Center's website. It's the newer one with the concentric knobs in excellent condition. I wasn't expecting to find the new revision used, and at a good price. Now I can directly compare the 50w 6L6 with my 50w EL34. I plan on just keeping the winner, but we all know what will really happen right?
Good on ya broseph. I have the EL34 and put the 6L6 50 head or one of the combos on my radar. Would love to have both for fun and earnest distorted tone wealth.

Reaction score
Next thing for me is a new cab. Either a Mesa 412 or the Marshall MF280 more than likely.

Oddly enough I played a gig with a random Marshall cab. It was a small cab with a weird material covering it. For the gig it sounded great....I later found out it was one of those Marshall MG120 cabs with the carbon fiber coverings. I was super shocked. I honestly wouldn't mind grabbing one of those just to hear it in an isolated setting

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
I'll end up keeping BOTH!

Classic Guitar Center crap. I go to pick up my amp and it's the old model without the concentric pots. Luckily I had printed the original listing and showed them that the picture clearly indicated it was the 2.0 model with concentric pots. I got a refund. Then when I got home I realized they didn't refund back the cost of shipping. I view all this as my fault though as I know better then to do any business with Guitar Center yet I keep going back.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Likely either a new delay, I've been having some issues with my Timeline X4, or one of those Mesa multi-head switchers so I can run my Roadster and Mark-V into the same 4x12. Or, possibly, both. :lol:

broangiel

Reaction score
Classic Guitar Center crap. I go to pick up my amp and it's the old model without the concentric pots. Luckily I had printed the original listing and showed them that the picture clearly indicated it was the 2.0 model with concentric pots. I got a refund. Then when I got home I realized they didn't refund back the cost of shipping. I view all this as my fault though as I know better then to do any business with Guitar Center yet I keep going back.

I think that’s pretty standard for GC. I ordered a used guitar listed as Excellent Condition and with a hard shell case. It arrived with gashes down to the wood, rust on every metal component, and no case.

I returned it easily enough but shipping wasn’t refunded because “it was a service successfully rendered.” I argued I wouldn’t have invoked the service had the item been described properly, but I couldn’t get the manager to budge. I just haven’t shopped with them since.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
v11opsy7kvfcw4epedbp.jpg

protest

Reaction score
I think that’s pretty standard for GC. I ordered a used guitar listed as Excellent Condition and with a hard shell case. It arrived with gashes down to the wood, rust on every metal component, and no case.

I returned it easily enough but shipping wasn’t refunded because “it was a service successfully rendered.” I argued I wouldn’t have invoked the service had the item been described properly, but I couldn’t get the manager to budge. I just haven’t shopped with them since.

Call customer service. If there's ever been a screw up I've always gotten my shipping returned by my store.

broangiel

Reaction score
Call customer service. If there's ever been a screw up I've always gotten my shipping returned by my store.
This was back in November or December so I may be out of luck. Good looking out though

narad

Reaction score
Heck yeah!!!

I'm honestly not enthused so much by the clips on youtube, but mostly going off all the forum guys who swear by them even next to a ton of amps I do enjoy. All I can tell is it's definitely a unique sound, so I've been waiting for the right deal for like 2 years on one. First VHT/Fryette of any kind.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I'm honestly not enthused so much by the clips on youtube, but mostly going off all the forum guys who swear by them even next to a ton of amps I do enjoy. All I can tell is it's definitely a unique sound, so I've been waiting for the right deal for like 2 years on one. First VHT/Fryette of any kind.

What style of music are you trying to play on it?

Also, what cab are you using?

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Metal-y stuff. Cab is a Mills with 2 V30s and 2 G12t-75s.
Hmm...could be the speakers. Fryette stuff is usually picky when it comes to cabs, but I think the UL might be the pickiest :lol:

I use Legends with my sig:x and it sounds fantastic. But I have a feeling I would hate it run through v30's

narad

Reaction score
Hmm...could be the speakers. Fryette stuff is usually picky when it comes to cabs, but I think the UL might be the pickiest :lol:

I use Legends with my sig:x and it sounds fantastic. But I have a feeling I would hate it run through v30's

Ah sorry, I'm talking about youtube clips, not through my cab yet. This is what is your _next_ purchase, and I just wrapped up negotiations but don't have the amp in house yet (and too far to try it out).

But yea, actually dig the Sig-X clips a bit more to be honest, but letting the legion of rig-talk guys who slightly prefer the UL to justify the extra cost. As for the cab sound, later this month I'll be expanding my monitor setup with a sub for bass playing, and will get one of those two-notes CAB Ms / switch to more playing through monitors. So UL -> torpedo reload for loadbox -> cab M for impulse -> monitors. My attempt at making gearwhoring work in dense metro living.

Latest posts