What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

broj15

Reaction score
Possibly my next purchase if y'all can convince me. There's a blue stripe Peavey bandit (1x12 70watt I'm pretty sure) in 8.9/10 condition at the pawn shop close to my house. They said they'd take $125 for it. Is it worth it just so I can keep it in the basement when I want to plug in and not drive to my practice space?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Also I've been getting pissed off at having to actually switch my wah on and off. And with it being a mini wah, it's even harder I find. I'm not a fan of the Helix wahs either.

Sooo, I have a dunlop 95Q on the way.

Not sure what kind of wah you like... but I ended up going with the AMT Jap Girl...

giphy.gif

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Not sure what kind of wah you like... but I ended up going with the AMT Jap Girl...

giphy.gif

I also wound up with it, but I'm not sure exactly what they're referencing so I'm not sure how racist to consider it. These things are probably best left unknown, because it's a cool pedal!

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I also wound up with it, but I'm not sure exactly what they're referencing so I'm not sure how racist to consider it. These things are probably best left unknown, because it's a cool pedal!

It was down to that and the JC95 Jerry Cantrell, but I went with the smaller footprint. And I've liked everything I've ever bought from AMT. I also have a Budwah somewhere that is amazing, but more of a vintage wah.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
  • I want to grab some FabFilter stuff while it's heavily discounted in April. Not sure what the smallest bundle is I can get away with for mixing and mastering my own personal tracks. I definitely want ProQ3 at least. Any advice on that, guys?
  • While I love the Mooer Preamp Live, I'm thinking heavily of selling it and trying to get an AX8. Will likely wait until the successor of the AX8 comes out though so prices will be much lower. My main reason is because of the lack of effects. A two pedal setup is going to be more complicated for me than just having an all-in-one even though the AX8 is bigger.

• Also probably going to grab an 8" PA speaker for the travel rig. Getting disappointed with not having a travel rig that sounds anything close to my Axe-Fx 3 setup. Mooer Preamp Live + portable mp3 speaker isn't really that great (90% of that being due to the speaker). lol

• I started another guitar build. Probably gonna make this one public before completion as soon as I get the first progress pics maybe. I plan on this being my second to last guitar before I restructure everything I own. I've owned quite a few production guitars while I gained knowledge and experience with various attributes in order to determine what I personally like most and feel comfortable with. I've settled into things now so I'm getting some customs built off that "data" and selling some of the production guitars that aren't a good fit for me.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I get a bonus at the end of May. As a late-graduation present to myself, and also as a reward for paying off all of my student debt in under a year, I'm gonna get me a Helix. I've also been thinking about what I'm going to run it through. I've had a 100W Marshall combo for several years, and I even run my current pedal (Zoom Gn5) straight into the effects loop. It's... fine, but I don't know if it'll have the flexibility that I would want. I'm thinking about selling both of those (I'm certainly not going to need the Zoom anymore) and getting a Headrush FRFR 112. Thoughts?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I thought Dunlop could mod their wahs for switchless?
..I just googled this. No shit, huh? Well, if I end up liking the 535Q more than the 95Q, I'll contact dunlop about seeing IF the mini wah can be modded to be switchless. It's only like $50.

I guess that'll be a future purchase. :lol:

Also thanks to talking to someone, I'm like, really debating on trying the Duncan Duality pickups. I know I just got the 57/66 set, but since no one's given impressions about them, I thought I gotta give them a shot eventually.

EDIT: Fuck it, sent Dunlop a message.

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Also thanks to talking to someone, I'm like, really debating on trying the Duncan Duality pickups. I know I just got the 57/66 set, but since no one's given impressions about them, I thought I gotta give them a shot eventually.

Had a set in my Phoenix. They were solid, pretty articulate, more powerful than you might expect too.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Had a set in my Phoenix. They were solid, pretty articulate, more powerful than you might expect too.

Hows the low end tightness? And is the high end soft sounding? That's one complaint I heard about them, was the high end was pretty muted.

LeftOurEyes

Reaction score
I thought Dunlop could mod their wahs for switchless?

I didn't know this! It's low on my list to do but I was gonna get rid of my Dunlop wah because I hate having to click it on and off and needed a switchless one for one of my songs. I'm going to have to look into and do this at some point soon.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Clicking Dunlop wahs on and off is easy: I suggest sanding down the rubber pieces. Makes them a lot easier to click on and off.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Hows the low end tightness? And is the high end soft sounding? That's one complaint I heard about them, was the high end was pretty muted.

I don’t recall that being the case, but it has been over a year since I had that guitar. Plenty tight, they chugged just fine. There is an video that Ola did out there too.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I had a crazy vision to create Wintersun's first album rig. Mesa Boogie TriAxis + 2:90 poweramp, and a Peavey 5150 4x12 cab. Wonder what kind of speakers Jari used, original Sheffield 1200's or something else... Guitar with EMG 81/85 set is a must, but I don't want to have early 00's Jackson with a Floyd.