What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone try any of the Aion Electronics pedals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Just picked up the matching vertical 212 for my DSL15H!

1E9ED68A-40F6-4D8F-A58E-2CABC00201B7.jpeg

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Nice. I've been mulling over 2x12s recently and thinking vertical is the way to go...

With the slant cab the sound is dispersed better than my old 212 on its side. It’s lightweight and sounds great!

sleewell

Reaction score
working with Joe on a run of production level Balaguer 7 strings. going to need a few people who want in, more details to follow.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Just got all the Polyphia tabs and started trying to learn the song “Goose” today and boy... this is going to be a struggle for me

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Man this little Mooer 003 preamp actually kicks ass. :lol: It's not a gain monster like the 005 5153 dealio, but I dig it's voicing much more.

r33per

Reaction score
Walrus Audio Lillian and the Gigrig Wetter Box. I'll use it with the phase in A and a flanger in B, expression pedal to mix.
And I can recommend them! Lillian didn't work before the amp (for me) so it's in the loop and mixed in the wetter box with a dreamscape chorus. Great fun.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Man this little Mooer 003 preamp actually kicks ass. :lol: It's not a gain monster like the 005 5153 dealio, but I dig it's voicing much more.

Honestly, anyone know if the Koch Superlead or Pedaltones sound any good? This little thing got me interested in Koch amps. It's got an interesting sound.

Also my EB strings came in. Will find out how they sound and feel when my drill comes in tomorrow. Because peak lazy. :lol:

Reaction score
Honestly, anyone know if the Koch Superlead or Pedaltones sound any good? This little thing got me interested in Koch amps. It's got an interesting sound.

Also my EB strings came in. Will find out how they sound and feel when my drill comes in tomorrow. Because peak lazy. :lol:
I'm not particularly sure about the pedals, but the amps are amazing and crafted right here in the Netherlands. I've got a Powertone and it can do just about anything. It's good quality and you really get what you pay for.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
0D1D337B-E0A9-4A32-B697-94C0273555CC.jpeg

I decided to buy this little guy for my dad. I was planning on getting him the SV20 for the cool factor with the plexi look, but no MV means it’s probably way too loud to get the full drive out of it. Even the 5w option is probably cooking. He’s always saying that his AC30 is too damn loud to play. Even with the volume at 1 it’s already rattling his house :lol:

This thing switches between 20/3/.5 watts, has a tilt pot that acts as if the low and high Inputs had a blend pot between them, a MV, and a pull boost to cover the channel jumping. Pretty cool little amp.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not particularly sure about the pedals, but the amps are amazing and crafted right here in the Netherlands. I've got a Powertone and it can do just about anything. It's good quality and you really get what you pay for.

It's hard to find Koch amps around here in the state, but yeah, it really does sound killer. I played it a bit more today while getting my G&L Superhawk setup and restrung, and it's just a cool sound. It actually reminds me of the L6 Badonk model in the Helix, but a bit easier on the ears.

I'd still like to find out more about the Pedaltone or Superlead preamp pedals. I dig the Mooer pedal, but without remote switching, it's kind of a bitch to use for my rig. :lol:

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Bought this week...

2 hardwire DL-8's one for short rhythm delay other for long delay $60 each used and shipped and in box

Digitech Polara...was looking for a Rv-7 , Polara does what i need it to. Sounds good actually..im a rack effect guy just wanting something different like Knobs vs all those parameters to tweak

MXR M234 chorus ...yes it does suck some tone but it does sound good

Patch cables 6"

3 PCB's for pedal builds last week..Wonder Drive , Muzzle and a T.S

Mike

Shask

Reaction score
Bought this week...

2 hardwire DL-8's one for short rhythm delay other for long delay $60 each used and shipped and in box

Digitech Polara...was looking for a Rv-7 , Polara does what i need it to. Sounds good actually..im a rack effect guy just wanting something different like Knobs vs all those parameters to tweak

MXR M234 chorus ...yes it does suck some tone but it does sound good

Patch cables 6"

3 PCB's for pedal builds last week..Wonder Drive , Muzzle and a T.S

Mike
I love the Hardwire pedals. I bought several of them earlier this year. I would say they are the most "rack effects sounding" pedals I have found. (Not including the big, super expensive pedal brands). Actually getting these kind of caused me to buy more rack units this year. You should get a CR-7 to match for Chorus. I have probably 12+ Chorus pedals, and that one is probably my favorite of them all. I also have the DL-8 and RV-7. Great pedals all around.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I will have to check that one out Shask ! Thanks for recommending it...

Wanting to turn a amp on and step on a pedal or two and maybe twist a knob nowadays....being almost 58...time for simple yet effective things now ! Im in the fishing Biz..i do wear light weight kaki fishing pants but there not the same as Tan pants ...had to put that out there lol

Mike

Shask

Reaction score
I will have to check that one out Shask ! Thanks for recommending it...

Wanting to turn a amp on and step on a pedal or two and maybe twist a knob nowadays....being almost 58...time for simple yet effective things now ! Im in the fishing Biz..i do wear light weight kaki fishing pants but there not the same as Tan pants ...had to put that out there lol

Mike
I like pedals and racks. I have tons of pedals, but the Hardwire pedals I got this year actually helped me realize the sounds I had been looking for were more studio-rack effects, and not the "analog sound" everyone else seems to chase. That was a big thing I learned this year, and the Hardwire pedals, especially the CR-7, is what made me realize that. Even as I buy more pedals, I have been looking at more digital pedals instead of analog. I got a Source Audio Gemini Chorus for Christmas, and that is another cool digital Chorus. The CR-7 is one of the only Chorus pedals I know of that can do an 8-Voice Multi-Chorus. I also bought a Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory because of it, lol.

I like having the pedals, but many times I only use the same 2-3 settings, so sometimes it is easier to just have a small rack unit sitting there with 1-2 settings for Chorus, Delay, and Reverb instead of 3-4 pedals with all the cables, power supplies, etc.... It is actually less complex in some ways, once you get that one master preset created. I bought a G Major 2, and an Intellifex later in the year, and I love the sound of both of them. I still want to pick up some of the other rack units in that "Used to be $1000, but now <$200 because no one wants rack" category.

')