What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Oh my bad, I forgot which was model was which, I actually ordered a Beta as well. I'm pretty excited to test it against my other heads since I really enjoyed the Delta preamp and all the clips I've heard of the heads sounded killer.
Michael has been burning in the KT88s in mine, so it should be ready pretty soon.
Ahh nice, dude that's awesome. I wasn't sure how long it would take, depends on parts or whatever but man its a killer amp im hearing. Post your NGD when you get it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Need to do a retube on my Rectifier and Mark III. Not sure what to really do--I like JJ power tubes but I dunno what kind of lineup I'll use for the Preamp tubes yet. However, looking to try the E34L tubes in the Rectifier, seems like it could be cool. Anybody here like them vs regular EL34s?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
finally caved and bought an AMT vht brick to compare it to my vt drive.

I actually preferred the P-Drive Mini over the LA2 series P2 because of the modern/vintage toggle. I think the V is the same circuit on both tho.

And now a Squier Paranormal Toronado with pickups replaced etc

Congrats that's at the top of my list too. I went with the limited edition CME/Andertons Jazzmaster. FWIW CME has them back in stock, as does Andertons. Supposedly only 250 total between both stores being made.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...ld-pickguard-cme-exclusive-pre-order/34306325

gxxgf0pp7rwxheyi8cfz.jpg
wf0botpa2gcwtuyps8ga.jpg
tj8ejopdsrhsyaziwgiq.jpg

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I actually preferred the P-Drive Mini over the LA2 series P2 because of the modern/vintage toggle. I think the V is the same circuit on both tho.
I'm just more curious if the preamp tube will make any real difference to the sound. I already like the VT drive mini a lot, so a better sounding version of it would be worth it in my book.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just more curious if the preamp tube will make any real difference to the sound. I already like the VT drive mini a lot, so a better sounding version of it would be worth it in my book.

Sorry brain :poop:. I didn't realize you were talking about the Brick Lead series. Yeah let me know I'm def curious. I never got around to buying any so it's the only AMT pedals I don't own yet lol.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Not a very exciting purchase; but I decided to grab a UA Satellite along with another handful of their plugins, so I don’t have to constantly render stems every time I want to use the tape machine or the 1084 channel strip etc.
406E7DBA-9D35-4206-813E-688616DE522A.jpeg

sirbuh

Reaction score
I
Congrats that's at the top of my list too. I went with the limited edition CME/Andertons Jazzmaster. FWIW CME has them back in stock, as does Andertons. Supposedly only 250 total between both stores being made.

Yeah, missed out on the 1st run; assuming the next batch is a 2nd run based on ETA.
Jacked to the tits about the fret work for this year's series.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, missed out on the 1st run; assuming the next batch is a 2nd run based on ETA.
Jacked to the tits about the fret work for this year's series.

Yeah, the reviews have been amazing so far.

Andertons will discount the guitar so with shipping to US it ends up being about $440 (instead of $429). Otherwise, CME expected delivery is Feb 2021 lol.

sirbuh

Reaction score
Yeah, the reviews have been amazing so far.

Andertons will discount the guitar so with shipping to US it ends up being about $440 (instead of $429). Otherwise, CME expected delivery is Feb 2021 lol.

Checked with CME the Feb 21 is a 2nd batch.

akinari

Reaction score
A custom 2 channel preamp that consists of a DOD Classic Fuzz with an added midrange control going into a Crate Flexwave preamp. Why? Because I hate tone.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Maybe not my next purchase, but I'm sure some day I will own something based on a Randall. They have a lot of really interesting amps. One that really is quite hilariously interesting is the Paul Stanley signature head (Colossus, which makes zero sense at all). I'm sure Marshall loved this little advertisement back in the day. I mean, this shit is just hysterical.

91ML9P2WO9L.jpg

In all seriousness though, possibly an RG--ES, Titan or something like that.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Maybe not my next purchase, but I'm sure some day I will own something based on a Randall. They have a lot of really interesting amps. One that really is quite hilariously interesting is the Paul Stanley signature head (Colossus, which makes zero sense at all). I'm sure Marshall loved this little advertisement back in the day. I mean, this shit is just hysterical.

91ML9P2WO9L.jpg

In all seriousness though, possibly an RG--ES, Titan or something like that.

Buy the fucking Randalls I keep sending you.

Also buy the Colossus and tell us what it's like. The only recording I've heard of it was that abomination that is Methods of Mayhem. Honestly from what I can tell, it's the predecessor of the Randall Titan, and eventually the Randall T2.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Buy the fucking Randalls I keep sending you.

Also buy the Colossus and tell us what it's like. The only recording I've heard of it was that abomination that is Methods of Mayhem. Honestly from what I can tell, it's the predecessor of the Randall Titan, and eventually the Randall T2.
The Colossus apparently had a "JCM800 type tone." Whatever that means. I think the Titan and Cyclone might've been precursors to the T2/V2?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Colossus apparently had a "JCM800 type tone." Whatever that means. I think the Titan and Cyclone might've been precursors to the T2/V2?

The layout of the Colossus reminds me of the Titan. With the simplistic controls and mid-shift. Hell the name is even kinda related to "Titan". :lol: The Titan did eventually become the T2. The Cyclone never really went anywhere I think, or it lead to the Vmax.

I heard the very few clips I could of the Colossus. Sounds like a Randall to me. :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The layout of the Colossus reminds me of the Titan. With the simplistic controls and mid-shift. Hell the name is even kinda related to "Titan". :lol: The Titan did eventually become the T2. The Cyclone never really went anywhere I think, or it lead to the Vmax.

I heard the very few clips I could of the Colossus. Sounds like a Randall to me. :lol:
So Cyclone > Vmax > V2?

I kinda like the Randalls with all of the features and added doohickeys, but the used market for some of them is pretty absurd, and I doubt they'd do better hair metal riffs than the ES.

binz

Reaction score
Not a very exciting purchase; but I decided to grab a UA Satellite along with another handful of their plugins, so I don’t have to constantly render stems every time I want to use the tape machine or the 1084 channel strip etc. View attachment 82556
I googled and I didnt get it right away, so may I ask: What is this thing doing? Is it a general purpose hardware accelarator to help your CPU or does it only run dedicated "analog emulation" plugins? I'm asking because I am thinking of buying a PC since my laptop CPU cant take my unprofessional overuse of VSTs.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So Cyclone > Vmax > V2?

I kinda like the Randalls with all of the features and added doohickeys, but the used market for some of them is pretty absurd, and I doubt they'd do better hair metal riffs than the ES.

I think the Cyclone lead to the Vmax. Not 100% sure. I just know the Cyclone and Warhead don't sound really good. And if you want hair metal tones, get an old RG or Century. After the Century, Randalls started to cater more towards the nu/extreme metal market.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I think the Cyclone lead to the Vmax. Not 100% sure. I just know the Cyclone and Warhead don't sound really good. And if you want hair metal tones, get an old RG or Century. After the Century, Randalls started to cater more towards the nu/extreme metal market.
Hm. I'd want Diamond Darrell live or Power Metal/CFH tones, because they could be nudged to do hair metal or heavier stuff like thrash. Did Dime start using the Century later, or did he use it on earlier albums too?

')