What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The kid who grew up loving the Pink n Black Attack, Bret the Hitman Hart, is disappointed I didn't think of this. That said, finding pickup rings that aren't black, white, or cream (or cheap metal that looks like shit quickly) is pretty hard to come by. The pickup rings that are in various colors tended to look really cheaply made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
Ordered a set of SD Retribution pickups for my Rg7620 since the 707s that it came with are... Less than stellar, very wooly. I'm a Cazares fanboy so I'm hoping these will be right up my alley. Loving the 7620 now that I've gotten it set up and blocked the trem. Fucking perfect, very natural jumping between it and the 550s.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
EAE Longsword if I can ever find one. I found a Claymore at the beginning of quarantine but dude flaked out big time and paypal'd me back a month later. At this point it's the thrill of the hunt as much as anything...

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
The kid who grew up loving the Pink n Black Attack, Bret the Hitman Hart, is disappointed I didn't think of this. That said, finding pickup rings that aren't black, white, or cream (or cheap metal that looks like shit quickly) is pretty hard to come by. The pickup rings that are in various colors tended to look really cheaply made.
Just an idea, maybe possibly paint existing pickup rings using model paint? I think that stuff is enamel and looks nice on model cars. Seems easier said than done seeing as I'm like a 3 year old with paint, but just throwing it out there in case your skills are better.

https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/testors/enamel-paint

Last edited:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
EAE Longsword if I can ever find one. I found a Claymore at the beginning of quarantine but dude flaked out big time and paypal'd me back a month later. At this point it's the thrill of the hunt as much as anything...

Let me see if my old bandmate still has his.

Im waiting for said bandmate to pick up a 70s MIJ Yamaki AY270 for me off CL. Need my powercab to sell...

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
vetta.jpg

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Let me see if my old bandmate still has his.

Im waiting for said bandmate to pick up a 70s MIJ Yamaki AY270 for me off CL. Need my powercab to sell...

I’m always making work for my buddy the next town over on CL hahaha. That would be awesome, thank you.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
My gf’s mother knocked over my RG8 a couple years ago and it busted a bit (lol). I made a rudimentary one that’s worked ok for a while but I’m finally getting in a brass one that will actually fit and look nice. That plus some new strangs coming in today - got me excited for some after the burial madness this afternoon.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
Lol I actually thought you meant an actual longsword. I'm thinking about getting a katana sword myself.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
My gf’s mother knocked over my RG8 a couple years ago and it busted a bit (lol). I made a rudimentary one that’s worked ok for a while but I’m finally getting in a brass one that will actually fit and look nice. That plus some new strangs coming in today - got me excited for some after the burial madness this afternoon.

mans goddamn if it isn’t too tall. Fuck

does anyone know a good (easy) way to shorten this damn thing. So disappointed. I sanded off the glue from my mod, so I thought I would be enough, looks like I need to completely delete the shelf but I don’t want to refinish the headstock

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Went and checked out a Precision Partscaster at the local Music Go Round, and walked out with it, now I just need to get this metal pickguard off so I can spray it black and it'll be a looker.

It also came with flatwounds, and despite playing smoothly, these strings are not for me

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Had one for a long time. Download the mod that allows you to rename everything to the correct names (eg Diezel, Bogner). The stock presets were meh because they were showing off the next settings of each effect or amp model. Dial everything back or lend amps and it sounds fantastic.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'm this close to ordering a KNE star body. Just not sure if I want to go 2 1/4" heel and get a Musikraft neck or the standard size and Warmoth.
Personally I'd go warmoth. I've had very good luck with their necks (I have like 5 necks from them), and they make excellent necks. I really haven't had to do much to them other than install a nut and slightly round some fret edges. Bodies on the other hand, are a mixed bag ime.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Had one for a long time. Download the mod that allows you to rename everything to the correct names (eg Diezel, Bogner). The stock presets were meh because they were showing off the next settings of each effect or amp model. Dial everything back or lend amps and it sounds fantastic.

Yeah, this is my 2nd Vetta II. I think they’re great amps. The 5150 amp model is excellent, and there are some really unique tones to be found in this series.

DC2447D6-4CAC-4B26-9451-B90130B87EDC.jpeg

')