What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Thats cool, but also... why that take so long?

Mostly COVID delays but, they built an incorrectly spec'd neck the first time around. I got that one in May. Sent it back and now fingers crossed this one is correct.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Damn that is cool. I don't have a cab sim anymore, so no go for me. I'm sure others out there will want to buy these up though.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Edit: I just contacted Reverb to have them re-route both back to the senders, so I can get a refund on both.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm torn between a set of Black Winters with coil splits, or a set of EMG 57/66 TWs.

I usually hate EMGs but I do love the option of humbuckers and single coils in the same pickup. Trying to decide if I'll be able to get over that trademark EMG metallic clang

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'm torn between a set of Black Winters with coil splits, or a set of EMG 57/66 TWs.

I usually hate EMGs but I do love the option of humbuckers and single coils in the same pickup. Trying to decide if I'll be able to get over that trademark EMG metallic clang
black winters are going to chug better than the 57 ime. Plus they have pretty solid cleans.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, that P-Bass I picked up plays stupidly well, and I'm coming around on the aesthetics of it (it's just a traditional workhorse, no real flair to it) but it really makes me want another one or a J-bass to replace my EDB400 (which just means I could really sell the EDB405, and have the 400 go down to D Standard).

I'll be spraying the pickguard this week to go black and that'll real give it a meaner look, can't wait to do a proper NBD for it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't make anymore purchases after getting the Kenny...but God I need to get a Theta pedal.. For the third time. :lol: Once again regret selling it, and now I wanna pair it with my Ceres.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I told myself I wouldn't make anymore purchases after getting the Kenny...but God I need to get a Theta pedal.. For the third time. :lol: Once again regret selling it, and now I wanna pair it with my Ceres.
Don’t do it. If you sold something twice you did for a reason. Trust yourself and put the money towards something else you know works or something new that you haven’t tried before

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Don’t do it. If you sold something twice you did for a reason. Trust yourself and put the money towards something else you know works or something new that you haven’t tried before

Nah, the thing is I liked the pedal a lot. The issue was I went digital... twice :lol: The first time I sold it was because I got an AX8. Second time was because I got a Helix. I got frustrated with both and ended up going back to analog rigs.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Occasionally I'll think about selling mine and then I'll play through it for a bit a decide against it. They're also hard to find it seems which makes me want to hang onto it.

Three channels or 2 with a boost, works as a standalone overdrive, active EQ, built in decimator, and killer tones? Hard to beat that.

That said, it seems like the tones would be a bit redundant with the Ceres. Both seem to cover the tight and dry territory.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Occasionally I'll think about selling mine and then I'll play through it for a bit a decide against it. They're also hard to find it seems which makes me want to hang onto it.

Three channels or 2 with a boost, works as a standalone overdrive, active EQ, built in decimator, and killer tones? Hard to beat that.

That said, it seems like the tones would be a bit redundant with the Ceres. Both seem to cover the tight and dry territory.

In my experience the Theta can sound a bit more saturated than the Ceres, plus it has a darker, less fizzy sound. It can be made to sound pretty close to the Ceres with the preamp engaged acting like a boost.

I'd like to find a rackmount version, though. Get the true 2-channel experience.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
In my experience the Theta can sound a bit more saturated than the Ceres, plus it has a darker, less fizzy sound. It can be made to sound pretty close to the Ceres with the preamp engaged acting like a boost.

I'd like to find a rackmount version, though. Get the true 2-channel experience.
That rack version looks amazing!

That's heartening to hear the Theta can get close to the Ceres. My GAS for the Ceres has been strong, I'd be selling the Theta to fund Ceres anyways.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That rack version looks amazing!

That's heartening to hear the Theta can get close to the Ceres. My GAS for the Ceres has been strong, I'd be selling the Theta to fund Ceres anyways.

It's been awhile since I had a Theta pre, but yeah, I think they can get kinda close. The Theta will have more lows while the Ceres would be brighter.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I had a Theta Combo and it was fuckin awesome.

Couple nitpicks about it though
-the reverb was weak sauce
-i still felt like it needed a boost
-I couldn’t use a regular 412 as an extension cab

But, it was a roaring monster of an amp. Totally badass. And the cleans were the best I’ve heard in my life

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
-i still felt like it needed a boost
I definitely can't use the Theta for high gain without the internal boost or an external OD. Although for me that's just about every preamp.

The only unboosted tone I've ever enjoyed is a band volume 6505. At lower volumes it needs a push.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, that P-Bass I picked up plays stupidly well, and I'm coming around on the aesthetics of it (it's just a traditional workhorse, no real flair to it) but it really makes me want another one or a J-bass to replace my EDB400 (which just means I could really sell the EDB405, and have the 400 go down to D Standard).

I'll be spraying the pickguard this week to go black and that'll real give it a meaner look, can't wait to do a proper NBD for it.

Instead of a new bass I don't need, I think instead I'm going to spring for a Trace Elliot ELF so that I can have both a small headphone rig for guitar and bass; practice isn't much fun when you can't really hear what you're playing, so this will change that. I thought about going for the SVT Micro, but it's a bit big for the desk setup, and I can always pick one up later if I feel worthy of the Ampeg tone.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
e5ezytg0awblph2l3teg.jpg

rokket2005

Reaction score
Finally got some cases for my drums so that I can move them around without worrying about bashing them up too much. Or at least they can sit and not get dusty now.

')