What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Mesa 2x12 on the way. Going to experiment with Wet/Dry (well, Wet/Moist really) and stereo - all through the Triaxis and 2:90.

Soooo looking forward to it :)
What effects? I've kinda wanted to have reverb on both sides, chorus on one side, and delay on the other side. Anything pre distortion (phase 90, flanger, wah) would be going into both sides.

r33per

Reaction score
What effects? I've kinda wanted to have reverb on both sides, chorus on one side, and delay on the other side. Anything pre distortion (phase 90, flanger, wah) would be going into both sides.
Pre triaxis:
wah - Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
octave fuzz - EHX Octavix
comp - Wampler Ego Mini
flanger - MXR Micro Flanger
phaser - Walrus Lillian

In the triaxis FX loop is a Free The Tone PA-10G EQ. This is where I'd do the W/D split, I think.
Wet effects:
boost - TC Spark Mini
Mod - TC Dreams cape
Delay1 - FtT Flight Time
Delay2 - Keeley Eccos (stereo)
Reverb - TC HoF2 (stereo)
Tremelo - Walrus Monument

From there it's into the FX return the out to the 290.

I'm looking forward to experimenting and seeing (hearing!) What works for me. I might even report back...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I have a stereo rig with a Triaxis, a G-Force and a 2:fifty and it's delicious... I think you'll like the involving sound experience.

Right now my friend is doing the same setup in mono. He's trying to get a 2nd cab, but he still loves the Triaxis/Gforce/2:90 setup to death.

I need to stop buying shit is what needs to happen...

I've been telling myself that for the passed 4 years. :lol:

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I probably need a new noise gate. I think I’m going to pick up an MXR noise clamp so I can run the loop function with the effects loop on my amp.

I got word that the repairs on my XXX are almost complete, I should be getting that in the mail in the next month or so. I’m so excited.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
upload_2020-8-3_17-14-15.png

upload_2020-8-3_17-11-9.png

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Trying to decide between a set of Sennheiser HD280PROs, HD300PROS, or or Beyer DT770s.

Or get another set of AT M40Xs and pray to the lords below they don't die again. :lol:

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Trying to decide between a set of Sennheiser HD280PROs, HD300PROS, or or Beyer DT770s.

Or get another set of AT M40Xs and pray to the lords below they don't die again. :lol:
My vote is the 770s. I had a pair of 280s and once I got a better pair I realized how dark and muffled they sounded, bass was kinda wonky too. Feel like there was a big peak around 150-200hz.

They're great when it comes to tracking because they clamp really hard and seal out sound well, but for general listening/mixing I'd go 770 all day. They're crazy comfortable, a pleasant v shape to my ear that sounds great for metal, and they're also awesome for gaming with a big soundstage. I love mine so much I modded them to have a detachable cable.

It's been a while since I listened to m40s. If I remember correctly they were pretty neutral, way better than m50s, but not very comfy and kinda narrow sounding.

Unless you absolutely need isolation, I always opt for open headphones. Bigger, more open sound and more controlled bass. Once you experience em it's hard to go back to closed headphones. A pair of HD600s or DT880s and you're set for life.

binz

Reaction score
My vote is the 770s. I had a pair of 280s and once I got a better pair I realized how dark and muffled they sounded, bass was kinda wonky too. Feel like there was a big peak around 150-200hz.

They're great when it comes to tracking because they clamp really hard and seal out sound well, but for general listening/mixing I'd go 770 all day. They're crazy comfortable, a pleasant v shape to my ear that sounds great for metal, and they're also awesome for gaming with a big soundstage. I love mine so much I modded them to have a detachable cable.

It's been a while since I listened to m40s. If I remember correctly they were pretty neutral, way better than m50s, but not very comfy and kinda narrow sounding.

Unless you absolutely need isolation, I always opt for open headphones. Bigger, more open sound and more controlled bass. Once you experience em it's hard to go back to closed headphones. A pair of HD600s or DT880s and you're set for life.

I remember the opposite in A/B comparison, m50x sound great but rather uncomfortable, m40 sounds dull and boxy but very comfortable.

')