What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Schecter Nick Johnston USA en route.

I'm already eyeing the Traditional SSH models too lol.

I have been building PedalPCB clones for a while but really wanted a better compressor so a Keeley Compressor Plus is on order. I have been getting into slightly overdriven chicken pickin' licks so I think the Keeley with an EQD Dunes in the natural position may be just the ticket.

Definitely.

Also, even without that turn your amp volume and gain up (AC/DC territory) and then roll back your guitar volume (hopefully you have a treble bleed circuit). It will compress the clean tones and make them naturally spanky.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Potentially a mic stand and clip to record the acoustic I just got (or whatever acoustic may replace that...)

Trying not to pick up my bass and worry about bass tones and new basses :lol:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Looking into getting a loop switcher for the first time ever--I was going to ditch my pedals and shop for a Fractal FX8 on Reverb, but totally fell back into just wanting to hang onto my current pedal collection and get a switcher to organize them better for specific sound combos.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Looking into getting a loop switcher for the first time ever--I was going to ditch my pedals and shop for a Fractal FX8 on Reverb, but totally fell back into just wanting to hang onto my current pedal collection and get a switcher to organize them better for specific sound combos.

Sell most of the pedals, get the FX8. I didn't miss my old setup :lol:.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Well, I was saving for an RG550DY, and now that I could pull the trigger, I'm honestly just really digging the guitars I have for the time being + I'm not sure I'd want a thinner (by 1mm) neck than my 2550 + a square heel joint :lol: Decided to get a Blaze neck pickup to match the Blaze bridge for my 752 though. I can only hope it's as sick as the Bridge version, I've never played my 7 this much since putting that thing in

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Was gonna save for an Audient ID series, but man I'm hearing so much hype for this thing (Motu M2) that I need to check it out. Or the SSL2.

1574295661_1514483.jpg

SSL2-large.jpg

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
My buddy just got the SSL2+ and it seems pretty great for that price range. I haven’t personally tracked through it, but I put it through my monitors while going over his project, and thought his guitar captures were nice. That Motu is getting a lot of praise though...

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Local shop has two NJ imports that I'm ignoring really hard to save for a USA.

I didn't realize there were so many different colors and options now. Have you seen the new nitro models with the Subatomic pickup set? They're $3100 though.

The 2020 Atomic Orange one and the regular colors are still $2699. The website says they're all wenge necks but they sure look like rosewood (no open pore figuring).

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I didn't realize there were so many different colors and options now. Have you seen the new nitro models with the Subatomic pickup set? They're $3100 though.

The 2020 Atomic Orange one and the regular colors are still $2699. The website says they're all wenge necks but they sure look like rosewood (no open pore figuring).
I've got to go and compare the new Nitro models to see what I prefer, then decide if I'm happy with the blue or nudge them to do a pink one for me. Nick just got a USA version of the HSS import as well, so I think that will be the new model for next year.

On the Schecter site it sure looks like wenge to me.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
Probably a cab sim like a radar. I am playing with a cheap pré amp and it does not sound good on high gain with headphones.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Ordered a EMG HAX for my OG Schecter Banshee there's an 85x in the bridge and I love it but I need the twangy funk of a single in the neck so I can live out my Nile Rodgers fantasies.

I also ordered a POD GO and managed to snag 20% off the price so it cost me £380 but the store I bought it from has now put the price up from £399 to £430 and all the other retailers who were selling it for £399 are now selling it for £430 too. :scratch:

Last edited:

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got to go and compare the new Nitro models to see what I prefer, then decide if I'm happy with the blue or nudge them to do a pink one for me. Nick just got a USA version of the HSS import as well, so I think that will be the new model for next year.

On the Schecter site it sure looks like wenge to me.

Just looked on my comp yeah it's dark but def wenge. On my phone it looked solid black.

Def interested in seeing a custom NJ if you go that route.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Just looked on my comp yeah it's dark but def wenge. On my phone it looked solid black.

Def interested in seeing a custom NJ if you go that route.
I've got 2 Schecter USA ideas. Both strats, one with extra strings.

And then I'm going to end up with an old Dream Machine or a new Dream Machine really soon. I was playing a 90s/00s era Schecter USA strat the other day, and they're just so good.

lewis

Reaction score
Just ordered an EMG 35P4 in white for my Fan Fret bass but after that Im tempted to now get a Cali76 inverted edition

want to aim towards my dream setup up:

Bass
EMG 35P & DC35 pickups (Part owned)
Darkglass Tone Capsule onboard preamp
EMG ABC knob (bass pickup blend with no dead spots)

Board
Ling 6 G10S
Korg Pitchblack Custom Tuner (owned)
Trace Elliot Transit B Preamp
Cali76 compressor
Key and Gate Noise Gate
ABY Splitter > Darkglass X Ultra (owned)
>>>>>>>>> B7K Ultra
Radial 2:1 Mix (into Key input on Noise Gate)
- FOH

Think that about covers it
Working my way through this list one at a time.

Latest posts

')