What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Gollapalli

The Hanged Man
Reaction score
I know that I really WANT an Omega Granophyre. But to be honest, all high gain amps sort of sound the same (maybe I should crosspost that to the unpopular opinions thread), so I should probably just stick to my 5150 2x12. Do I really need another SLO variant? At the end of the day, my playing matters a lot more than the amp. I have an agile chiral parallax 8 string coming in.

That said I also REALLY want an ERG Tele with single coils, but I'd have to commission it. Time to tune my cheap squier tele to drop A to see whether it's really a usable sound.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broangiel

Reaction score
I know that I really WANT an Omega Granophyre. But to be honest, all high gain amps sort of sound the same (maybe I should crosspost that to the unpopular opinions thread), so I should probably just stick to my 5150 2x12. Do I really need another SLO variant? At the end of the day, my playing matters a lot more than the amp. I have an agile chiral parallax 8 string coming in.

That said I also REALLY want an ERG Tele with single coils, but I'd have to commission it. Time to tune my cheap squier tele to drop A to see whether it's really a usable sound.

By ERG, do you mean >6 strings or a baritone? If the latter, you could always buy a replacement neck. Warmoth has a baritone Tele neck in stock:
https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Path=Spotlight&nScale=306&i=BTN2066

Gollapalli

The Hanged Man
Reaction score
By ERG, do you mean >6 strings or a baritone? If the latter, you could always buy a replacement neck. Warmoth has a baritone Tele neck in stock

A 7 or an 8 string. The baritone neck is a really interesting option though. I didn’t know that existed. I know agile made a 7 a while back, but I emailed them about it and they said they weren’t making anymore.

mogar

Reaction score
Probably a squier tele and boss katana 50. 75% of my work is out of town, so I stay at my dads place to save on hotel fees. Would like a cheap rig to leave there and both seem to fit the bill.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Emma Okto-Nojs octave fuzz with subharmonic arrived.

DF7DD517-C610-4341-8C20-42F95B075635.jpeg

Probably a squier tele and boss katana 50. 75% of my work is out of town, so I stay at my dads place to save on hotel fees. Would like a cheap rig to leave there and both seem to fit the bill.

New Squiers are killing it. Also look into G&L. Same price range. Musiciansfriend regularly blows out MII G&L for 299-399.

Last edited:

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Saving up for an RG 550 genesis

i miss mine...had it for a short time.

guy i bought it from on eBay was going through some rough times and didn't want to sell. a few months later he hit me up begging to get it back because it was a gift he received. felt bad about it so i sold it back to him. lol

Gravy Train

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a Vola Guitar's Luna coming in tomorrow. Haven't played in over a year and sold all of my gear awhile back, so I am happy to get back into guitar.

protest

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of people with these. I love my Ceres to death so I imagine this'll kick just as much ass.

It's very good. The Tight position is insane.
I can't really articulate how much tighter it makes an amp. I have my amp set with about as much low-end as possible. It's basically "fart fart fart" *click* Meshuggah

I would use it for the looser settings, which are in the realm of a more typical boost pedal.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I have a TC Integrated Pre Clone and it can take the floppiest turd of a low end and make it toight like toiger. Just adds a decent amount of noise too. Is this the Eros quiet?

protest

Reaction score
I have a TC Integrated Pre Clone and it can take the floppiest turd of a low end and make it toight like toiger. Just adds a decent amount of noise too. Is this the Eros quiet?

I didn't notice any significant noise increase but I was also laughing too hard at how comically tight it was...

I'll play with it a lot more tonight/tomorrow and report back. Maybe post a thread.

')