What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sweewater delivery of a bass head is set for this weekend, didn't end up with exactly what I was looking, but we'll see how it goes

It has ...arrived, now to figure out what's considered a "good bass tone" vs. what I THINK is a good bass tone :lol:

...and post a NAD I guess

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
11679898_800.jpg
Handy if you're 90 degrees out of phase.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So finally got the Intellifex working. It sounds great but the thing that disappointed me are the delays are shooort. 418ms. I need something longer like 600ms - 900ms. Sooo now I need a MIDI stereo delay :(

Unless im doing something wrong. There's some presets with really long delays. But I'm stuck at 418ms

Edit: I think I am, going back and reading the manual. :lol: guess I still have some work to do learning this thing.

Last edited:

Shask

Reaction score
So finally got the Intellifex working. It sounds great but the thing that disappointed me are the delays are shooort. 418ms. I need something longer like 600ms - 900ms. Sooo now I need a MIDI stereo delay :(

Unless im doing something wrong. There's some presets with really long delays. But I'm stuck at 418ms

Edit: I think I am, going back and reading the manual. :lol: guess I still have some work to do learning this thing.
If I remember correctly, I think it is only that short if you are using certain configurations. I just tried a preset with the pitch shift and reverb and such, and it was only 418ms, but when I switched to the delay, ducker configuration, it went up to 750ms.

EDIT: Yeah, looking at the manual, It looks like the configurations of delay and one other thing are 750ms, but the configurations with 3 things (chorus, delay reverb, for example), are 418ms.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I think it is only that short if you are using certain configurations. I just tried a preset with the pitch shift and reverb and such, and it was only 418ms, but when I switched to the delay, ducker configuration, it went up to 750ms.

EDIT: Yeah, looking at the manual, It looks like the configurations of delay and one other thing are 750ms, but the configurations with 3 things (chorus, delay reverb, for example), are 418ms.
Yeah I found that out after reading the manual more and actually messing with it. If I go into settings with just the delay (and/or ducker), I had the option for multiple delay types and longer delay times. But once I went to presewts that introduced the pitch or chorus modes, it was down to 418ms. Sucks because I wanted the modulated delay sounds for cleans.

Guess it does mean I'm gonna find a standalone delay unit. Probably either the Boss DD200 or Flashback X4.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yeah I found that out after reading the manual more and actually messing with it. If I go into settings with just the delay (and/or ducker), I had the option for multiple delay types and longer delay times. But once I went to presewts that introduced the pitch or chorus modes, it was down to 418ms. Sucks because I wanted the modulated delay sounds for cleans.

Guess it does mean I'm gonna find a standalone delay unit. Probably either the Boss DD200 or Flashback X4.
Sell the Rocktron and buy an Eclipse!

Shask

Reaction score

You could always grab a G major 2 also. It is probably better at being a modern all-around processor than the Rocktron stuff, even though the Rocktrons sound awesome. It goes up to 1800ms. I like that it always has ducking available, where with Rocktron it is only available on the Intellifex, not the Replifex, and only in certain limited configurations.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sell the Rocktron and buy an Eclipse!

The Rocktron only cost me $100. :lol:

You could always grab a G major 2 also. It is probably better at being a modern all-around processor than the Rocktron stuff, even though the Rocktrons sound awesome. It goes up to 1800ms. I like that it always has ducking available, where with Rocktron it is only available on the Intellifex, not the Replifex, and only in certain limited configurations.

I'm pretty set on keeping the Intellifex in my chain. I love the chorus and reverbs it has. All I really need is a delay and I'm set. I've sen Flashback X4s go pretty cheap.

Shask

Reaction score

I'm pretty set on keeping the Intellifex in my chain. I love the chorus and reverbs it has. All I really need is a delay and I'm set. I've sen Flashback X4s go pretty cheap.
Yeah, definitely keep that Intellifex even if you only ever use it for one thing and pair it with other units. Use it as your dedicated Chorus box. :D

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely keep that Intellifex even if you only ever use it for one thing and pair it with other units. Use it as your dedicated Chorus box. :D
Yeah the chorus sound is a keeper for sure. As well as the pitch effect. Still haven't even delved into the 8-voice chorus yet.

I did some reading and apparently the Mooer Ocean Machine can store 24 different patches. I might get that since I can also have some variety with the reverb, too.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's an RG2550E and a triamp mk1 at guitar center that I'm gonna try to trade my iron label and my combo for and I seriously hope they take the trades without asking for too much cash. I'm expecting enough credit with some haggling for both but it's a lil stressful since they never meet expectations. They're fair but it's still disappointing.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score

Although the Replifex doesn't offer ducking it does have two simulataneous delays each up to 1009ms with full control of levels and mix etc, regarless of the configuration used.
- I use a Replifex and it's a great unit. You can have a 2 voice chorus, 2 delays, a reverb, phaser, tremolo and more all at the same time if you want. Don't let the reviews make you think it sounds like crap compared to an Intellifex. It doesn't. It's basically the same thing with different algorithms.
- A really nice feature of the Replifex is the per preset programmable spillover option on the reverb and delay, and also the rotary speaker is really good too. The Eq can be really helpful as well.
- You can't beat it for the $250 or whatever they go for nowadays.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Although the Replifex doesn't offer ducking it does have two simulataneous delays each up to 1009ms with full control of levels and mix etc, regarless of the configuration used.
- I use a Replifex and it's a great unit. You can have a 2 voice chorus, 2 delays, a reverb, phaser, tremolo and more all at the same time if you want. Don't let the reviews make you think it sounds like crap compared to an Intellifex. It doesn't. It's basically the same thing with different algorithms.
- A really nice feature of the Replifex is the per preset programmable spillover option on the reverb and delay, and also the rotary speaker is really good too. The Eq can be really helpful as well.
- You can't beat it for the $250 or whatever they go for nowadays.
Yeah I'm currently juggling between a Replifex, Xpression, Ocean Machine, X4, or DD200.

I don't need it NOW, but when the time comes I would like to have those extra delays.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Yeah I'm currently juggling between a Replifex, Xpression, Ocean Machine, X4, or DD200.

I don't need it NOW, but when the time comes I would like to have those extra delays.
Between the Replifex and Xpression I prefer the Replifex just because it has the channel switching and is made in USA, but the Xpression is exactly the same thing without channel switching and made in China I believe, but they are newer units by a good 10+ years. I've heard the Xpression and it sounds as good as a Replifex or Intellifex so if they did cheap out on components or something like that I can't tell any quality differences in sound.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Between the Replifex and Xpression I prefer the Replifex just because it has the channel switching and is made in USA, but the Xpression is exactly the same thing without channel switching and made in China I believe, but they are newer units by a good 10+ years. I've heard the Xpression and it sounds as good as a Replifex or Intellifex so if they did cheap out on components or something like that I can't tell any quality differences in sound.

I have external MIDI-to-relay switchers so I can deal. I've seen Xpressions go *significantly* cheaper than Replifexes.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score

Ocean Machine. Two kick ass delay engines + a kick ass reverb engine. Get a good Chorus and sell the intellifex.

')