What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Reaction score
Probably a Carvin DC600 if I can sell my ESP F-7... I'd love to post on the classifieds here but I don't meet the requirements yet :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I'm hopefully selling or trading my 2x12 Rectifier cab and a cheap guitar to fund either a 5150 combo or VHT Pittbul 50CL head, both of which are up local for great deals.

Either way, if I end up going through with either of those I'll also be making some changes to my smaller pedal board. I plan to build a 4-way patch bay, buy a 2-button ftsw, and possibly a single loop true bypass looper. I also see a Decimator in that board's future, and maybe a Polytune mini if I can sell/trade my TU-2 :)

protest

Reaction score
I'm hopefully selling or trading my 2x12 Rectifier cab and a cheap guitar to fund either a 5150 combo or VHT Pittbul 50CL head, both of which are up local for great deals.

Either way, if I end up going through with either of those I'll also be making some changes to my smaller pedal board. I plan to build a 4-way patch bay, buy a 2-button ftsw, and possibly a single loop true bypass looper. I also see a Decimator in that board's future, and maybe a Polytune mini if I can sell/trade my TU-2 :)

Pittbull.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
^That's what I'm hoping for :) it all depends on whether or not he'll take my cab+cash. If he doesn't, then it really depends on how fast I can sell the cab to buy the head outright to get it before anyone else.

That's not to say I wouldn't still be pleased with the 5150 combo, though ;)

Decon87

Reaction score
Hopefully a POD HD Pro X or POD HD500X, depending on which I decide on.

If not I'd really like to get a nicer 7 string. Not really digging my RGD7321. I might try the RGD2127FX Prestige model on for size instead OR start looking at a Schecter. Either a KM-7 or wait for the new Banshee Elite series to come out.

Ibzzus

Jangle/shoegaze-core
Reaction score
Well, my DC800 arrives in December, so in January I'm planning to get a classic Peavey 5150 and 4x12 Peavey cab (I live in Pakistan and this is the best used gear available here, good new gear is non existent). That is, if the guy doesn't sell it till January, and he has been getting some offers. If that is the case then I'll be getting this: Carvin.com : V3-212 100W 3 CHANNEL ALL-TUBE SHORT STACK W/ LED BACKLIGHTING

At just a thousand bucks, this package is a STEAL!!!

I am pretty adamant that when I buy something, it has to be the last thing I buy in that department. I want something that is versatile, all-in-one and will last me a life-time. From all the research I have done, this V3 looks to be the most versatile and affordable amp head out there. That coupled with the 2x12 cab (I really don't need a 4x12) should be all I need for a good long while. Replacing the V30 knockoffs (Carvin calls them GT12. They are pretty decent actually, just don't have as much mid range as a V30) with a real V30 and a G12H-75 Creamback should wave off any concerns regarding tone. Versatile as funk. The only problem is that since I live in Pakistan, I will have to wait for one of my friends or family members to come from America. The 5150 I can have by January, this will probably have to wait till May.

Underdeveloped Country Problems.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Mushok sold, Viper ordered. SLUDGE, mofos.

Also grabbed this to redo:

Untitled by Steinmetzify, on Flickr

Dude that had it had a certain idea in mind that didn't work out and threw it up here for shipping. Cost me $20 or so.:eek: Interested to see how this comes out. Snagged an EMG 57 out of the Classifieds for it, got some other stuff inbound as well; everything is here except tuners and knobs because GFS always takes forever. Should be a fun project though, and hell yeah I'm leaving that sticker on there...who doesn't always need more horsepower?:lol:

protest

Reaction score
^That's what I'm hoping for :) it all depends on whether or not he'll take my cab+cash. If he doesn't, then it really depends on how fast I can sell the cab to buy the head outright to get it before anyone else.

That's not to say I wouldn't still be pleased with the 5150 combo, though ;)

Yea that could work because you have a 5153 right? You could leave the combo where at rehearsal or home or wherever. The Pittbull is definitely a lot different, but the red channel boosted will get you close to the saturation that you're probably used to.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
So that's who got that LTD Star :lol:

I was too late lmao. Hopefully it turns out awesome for you though dude!

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
So that's who got that LTD Star :lol:

I was too late lmao. Hopefully it turns out awesome for you though dude!

Dude, Wade told me I was the THIRD guy he tried to give this to, and the first two backed out. Who backs out of a $20 LTD that just needs a little love?! I've spent more on burgers...it's strung up atm and plays really decent for what it is; I was shocked when he told me that.

Pickguard, tuners, new pup, some wiring and BAM! It's gonna slay.:shred:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Dude, Wade told me I was the THIRD guy he tried to give this to, and the first two backed out. Who backs out of a $20 LTD that just needs a little love?! I've spent more on burgers...it's strung up atm and plays really decent for what it is; I was shocked when he told me that.

Pickguard, tuners, new pup, some wiring and BAM! It's gonna slay.:shred:
Shit $20 is a bottle of shit tier whiskey :lol:

Basically got it for free, probably one of the craziest deals I've seen on here ever, at least it went to a good home :shred:

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
My next purchase should be coming in this month. I found a local shop that was getting one of these in and put down a deposit on it in July. Would it be wrong to swap in EMG 57/66 set into it?

Mly7vPa.png

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
GASing hard for a Mesa Stiletto Deuce Stage 2 right now. It sounds great, is built solid, and offers pretty much all of the features that I would actually use. If only I had the money. ;-;

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Yea that could work because you have a 5153 right? You could leave the combo where at rehearsal or home or wherever. The Pittbull is definitely a lot different, but the red channel boosted will get you close to the saturation that you're probably used to.

That's the plan if I get the 5150 combo :yesway: though I've been keen on at least trying a Pittbul for some time now. Something different could be fun :)

Benson X

Reaction score
Gonna go check out a RGT6EXFX tomorrow. Might add it to the collection if the price/condition are good.

Latest posts

')