What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

laxu

Reaction score
Still set on an Axe 3
But I'm also thinking about cutting corners and getting the Helix (LT) so I can also put the extra $$$ on a 7-string I'm looking at. Someone stop me.
Why not the FM3 if you are set on Fractal?

Axe-Fx 3 is overkill for all but the biggest effects junkies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Evidently, since I picked up the Strymon Big Sky, that freed up the Blue Sky to be traded in. Took it to the local L&M and netted myself a JHS Bonsai overdrive.
For those not familliar, it has 9 different variations of the 'Tube Driver' circuit which is pretty cool if you use different amps/amp sims that don't always work well with a traditional 'TS9'.
FWIW, a Tube Driver is something completely different than a screamer.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Why not the FM3 if you are set on Fractal?

Axe-Fx 3 is overkill for all but the biggest effects junkies.

yes yes... join the FM3 club. Then you have justification for new pedals, too :lol:

One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade to the Helix/Axe is for stereo dual amps. Something I always used when I previously owned a Helix.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
All my dual amp presets are bass presets :lol: (and only 2 or 3). That said, the factory presets that use dual amps are :yesway:.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I've wanted an Ibanez 7 for a long time, and just ordered an '07 RG1527. Can't wait to play it!

The 1527 is awesome. Congrats! Do a NGD when it comes in! What color did you get? I've had the old purple "cosmic blue" and the dark "royal blue" I think; both were great guitars.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I will! I hope to have it sometime next week, we'll see since any shipping now can be off by a day or five.

Picture from the ad, looks like royal blue to me:
Screenshot_20210727-133331_Reverb.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those old DOD pedals are awesome and I know you're going to do cool shit with them. Your videos rule.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
My Slash Anaconda arrived. Might be the first time I've bought a guitar without preclearance from the wife. Interesting to see how this will go and if I can finagle the "this old thing?" excuse. :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my DT770 Pro 250 ohm headphones came in!

First thoughts.
Comfort = is pretty good. The pads aren't as squishy as they look. The band doesn't dig into my head. So that's A+ in my book.

In comparison to my old Focal Spirit Pros. The Focal's were maybe a little comfier for my bald head, but the build quality of the DT's is definitely a lot better and the comfort level is splitting hairs tbh. I just like the squishy pads of the focals.

The DT's feel solid. More durable. The Focals were flimsy and felt easily breakable (and they were)

Sound wise - it's different for sure. Better/worse is subjective. I can't really say they're better without Sonarworks correction, or maybe I'm just so used to the Focal Spirits that the DT's feel way way different. The DT's have a lot more bass and a lot less mids, and a lot higher highs than the Focal's. So it's a bit of a shock when comparing the two.

I feel like the Focal's were clearer and sharper overall, but maybe lacking a tad in the bass where the DT's have a lot more.

With sonarworks, the DT's sound better overall, but it's poking thinks out in a bit of a weird way around 3.5kHz. If I nudge that down a dB or even 2 they sound better on this particular set.

Overall I like the DT's so far. For the price they're really solid. It'll take me some time to get used to the sound difference, but I think they'll work really well. I'll probably look at getting a set of something else that's open back for mixing later on though

Latest posts

')