What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
228646581_557685205666879_1603379581391704406_n.jpg

It finally arrived! Buzzaround on the right, MkI Tonebender on the left, order switch in the middle. All the Fripp fuzz I've been looking for with the Buzzaround. It's also gigantic because there is so much tone inside.

Buy stuff from Expresso if you need a new fuzz. The quality and service is fantastic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fuji86

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Things I currently want Ibanez 7 string prestige (would be my first 7) and a Fender 68 Princeton for the living room

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I may transition to a new position soon. I'm thinking of doing another Skervesen build as a present to myself lol

Part of me reeaallly wants a Swan. I'm just not sure how the balance is on them. They look super comfy, but the skerv Raptor I have is almost perfect. The Mirage builds looks super cool too though. ...Or maybe I go a bit cheaper and do a velociraptor, and use the money I save on a 2nd cheaper 7 string so I can have a set of 2 to put in standard tuning. ...I need to stop shopping. lol

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah that's different from my use case. I typically get my high gain tones straight from the amp and use overdrives for different flavors on a clean or slightly overdriven sound, to push them to higher gain rather than trying to tighten and midboost a high gain sound.
For that use, I prefer JFET based pedals. I would try something like the modded Blues Driver based circuit, or Runoffgrove Peppermill, or a JCM800 JFET simulator, or something like that. I think the JFET circuits sound and feel more natural. The Dr. Boogie is one of my favorite high gain distortions, and it is basically 5 JFET stages that is designed like a transistor version of tube stages.

Hmmm. Now I kinda want to build one of these. lol.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This required a gut shot :yesway: I've had really good luck with Arcane Analog for custom fuzz builds in the past :2c:

228646581_557685205666879_1603379581391704406_n.jpg

It finally arrived! Buzzaround on the right, MkI Tonebender on the left, order switch in the middle. All the Fripp fuzz I've been looking for with the Buzzaround. It's also gigantic because there is so much tone inside.

Buy stuff from Expresso if you need a new fuzz. The quality and service is fantastic.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Moving across the country and thus redoing much of my home studio and having some expendable income on the horizon, there are decisions to make…

I’ll probably pick up a duality DX, maybe a boss eq-200. I’d like a new interface with more I/O options and couple more mics too. My wife hinted at *maybe* being able to pick up an LTD EX black metal too.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Welp it finally happened. Axe FX 3 MKII + FC12 is coming.

@budda stop bullying me now. :Lol:

Excellent and congrats.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of the FM9 the day after your III arrives.

Seriously though, I have much praise for my III. Magnificent tool and a ridiculous amount of fun. I hope you love yours.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Excellent and congrats.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of the FM9 the day after your III arrives.

Seriously though, I have much praise for my III. Magnificent tool and a ridiculous amount of fun. I hope you love yours.

Yeah I had a love-hate relationship with the AX8, but I think I actually kinda missed it. Wasn't a fan of how limited it is, but loved the variety of amps and effects. But now I'm gonna be working with something that's practically unlimited. So woooooh boy. :lol:

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Buying a second hand Alpha Omicron, pedaltrain nano plus and a small cioks power supply from a mate to build a mini board for my bass rig. Big boards are too much effort.

Thinking harmonic booster - alpha omicron - md500 and something random (need to weigh up my options)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Awesome!

I have been playing with my Axe II a lot the last few days, remembering how much fun it is! Made me wonder if it was time to upgrade, lol.
I probably would have been fine with the Axe II, but I wanted the III (especially the MKII) in case they had future models and stuff planned.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this but it generally applies to new gear from overseas.
I got an email from a bicycle importer saying that container costs have gone from $5K pre-pandemic to $21K now. Just sayin, its probably a contributing factor to new gear pricing.... anyone here work in global logistics?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this but it generally applies to new gear from overseas.
I got an email from a bicycle importer saying that container costs have gone from $5K pre-pandemic to $21K now. Just sayin, its probably a contributing factor to new gear pricing.... anyone here work in global logistics?

Its cheaper for them to send another can vs wait for the empty to get back I think? I forget what exactly I read. But yes, new prices are gonna be up on everything for a bit, which will buoy used prices too.

Shask

Reaction score
I probably would have been fine with the Axe II, but I wanted the III (especially the MKII) in case they had future models and stuff planned.
I have been using my Replifex, Intellifex, etc... more lately, but was watching some Leon Todd videos on replicating those older units. Anyways, I really started to notice yesterday how many new parameters exist on the III that I don't have on the II in the Flanger and Delay blocks and such. I mean, it still sounds great, but hard to use those help videos without the parameters.

')