What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this but it generally applies to new gear from overseas.
I got an email from a bicycle importer saying that container costs have gone from $5K pre-pandemic to $21K now. Just sayin, its probably a contributing factor to new gear pricing.... anyone here work in global logistics?
I deliver furniture on the side, the owner of the company actually told me this exact same thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been using my Replifex, Intellifex, etc... more lately, but was watching some Leon Todd videos on replicating those older units. Anyways, I really started to notice yesterday how many new parameters exist on the III that I don't have on the II in the Flanger and Delay blocks and such. I mean, it still sounds great, but hard to use those help videos without the parameters.

Delay has a compander now too. Get a used mk1 and go nuts :yesway:

Also its wild to see arcane analog mentioned here when I just know it as the fuzz guy from my Canadian forum :lol:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this but it generally applies to new gear from overseas.
I got an email from a bicycle importer saying that container costs have gone from $5K pre-pandemic to $21K now. Just sayin, its probably a contributing factor to new gear pricing.... anyone here work in global logistics?

I worked in global logistics for a little over 10 years. They're probably telling you the truth on that pricing. Sounds like a good deal for bikes. That's what it would have been when I was doing it like 15 years ago. - Pricing varies greatly by weight and bicycles weight a lot filling a container like that. The ships don't leave until they get to a certain capacity so everything can sit for weeks or months sometimes while the contents rot.
- This is what they literally mean by slow boat from China. Those cargo ships can travel from port to port around the world stilll after they leave. Some take 6-8 months to make the trip. Some only a couple weeks.

- I remember Ibanez use to only have two big shipments a year when you had to order parts through the dealers and it'd take 6 months to get a trem post. So I ordered like 20 of them (back when they were like $5) with some saddles blocks and other stuff. The piezo stuff took over a year and half to get one saddle because they "missed" putting it in the shipment, twice. Now that's a bummer when you get that news, twice. Patience is a virtue. And a pain in the ass!

laxu

Reaction score

At least Fractal and NeuralDSP have mentioned that their prices have gone up because of component and shipping costs. I expect shipping from Finland to be a lot more expensive than from other places too.

4Eyes

Reaction score
found one of those in stock, so I'd rather jumped on it. Local dealer can't guarantee delivery in feasible time and as per RME themselves - although delivery started, it's only in limited quantities and their optimistic estimate is they could be able (maybe) to start with delivery of larger quantities in Oct/Nov.. but based on how things can delay in the past couple of months it could be also Q1 2022
Fireface-UCX-II.png

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
... when will we know the result of that ambiguous post?

I made the purchase via PayPal. Normally you get confirmation funds were withdrawn but that didn't happen. It's an online store (Musiciansfriend) so shouldn't have been flagged for any fraud indicators requiring it to be manually reviewed? So I'm waiting for store confirmation that I actually bought something first lol.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I made the purchase via PayPal. Normally you get confirmation funds were withdrawn but that didn't happen. It's an online store (Musiciansfriend) so shouldn't have been flagged for any fraud indicators requiring it to be manually reviewed? So I'm waiting for store confirmation that I actually bought something first lol.
I'm all over the place speculating a band you hate but has a sig. Did you get a Razor?

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Call you Dr. Love?

ibanez-ps120-electric-guitar-_SOUTH-COAST-MUSIC.jpg

Oh shit well I went the cheap route, not the could have bought a car instead route.

But yes. Perhaps Nurse Practitioner Love then?

TommyThayer_Signature1_RT_compressed.jpg
KISS_Tommy-_Spaceman_-Thayer.jpg

ENTTELBNH-xlarge.jpg

Musiciansfriend inexplicably had it on sale for -$300 last night. No announcement just random one night sale apparently?

Anyways, features-wise it's a killer spec'd guitar. 1/4" maple cap not a veneer, over a mahogany body - same as a real LP. Two SD JB pickups (one uncovered, one nickel cover), Indian Laurel board, matching blue Epiphone case, and a metric f-ton of sparkles.

So yeah... something something something Love Gun.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Oh shit well I went the cheap route, not the could have bought a car instead route.

View attachment 96283 View attachment 96284
View attachment 96285

Musiciansfriend inexplicably had it on sale for -$300 last night. No announcement just random one night sale apparently?

Anyways, features-wise it's a killer spec'd guitar. 1/4" maple cap not a veneer, over a mahogany body - same as a real LP. Two SD JB pickups (one uncovered, one nickel cover), Indian Laurel board, matching blue Epiphone case, and a metric f-ton of sparkles.

That's pretty awesome man. I have never owned an LP but feel like I should.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying Gurus Echosex pedals Musiciansfriend has had several today already as the SDOTD for half off.

laxu

Reaction score
Well, I just bought a used Strymon Flint and full size Turbo Tuner ST-300 yesterday. Looking forward to trying those.

I wanted to buy the UA Starlight and Golden Reverberator but the lack of MIDI or any remote switching capability soured me on them. Might check them again later this year to see if UA improves their capabilities with fw updates.

Still trying to figure out what delay to get. Used Strymon El Capistan is a front runner due to its simplicity but the lack of remote tap tempo is a minus and I'd rather not mod the pedal for that. Volante might be an option if I find one used but feels like it's a bit too much. There's surprisingly few great tape echo pedals with tap tempo that are right in that "simple to use but versatile" sweet spot.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 96283 View attachment 96284
View attachment 96285

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSGlaXPDqYc/?utm_medium=copy_link

This needs to be next! :lol:

')