What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
"The artist message, is to criticize how people consume music today where people pay attention to the show and the “bling bling” while the music doesn’t get attention anymore."

That's funny coming from Ritter. Next up, Jeff Bezos going to do an art piece on the evils of capitalism?
Jeff probably would prefer bargain basement labor costs due to hiring Falun Gong and Uighur employees.

Millul

Reaction score
Well, so far NOT liking how the Taylor plays.

I have a substitue travel rig coming in (Harley Benton headless guitar + Blackstar Fly amp), let's see how I like that, and what I'll end up keeping.

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
I said I wasn't getting any more flying v's cause I don't get along with them, but this one is just screaming at me and I can't stop looking at it lol. My birthday is coming up soo......
https://reverb.com/item/41344100-unbranded-flying-v-1980-black

Can anybody identify this unbranded Flying V and would you get it? Only thing stopping me from getting is if the frets are small and thin like my old Greco LP.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

I have a substitue travel rig coming in (Harley Benton headless guitar + Blackstar Fly amp), let's see how I like that, and what I'll end up keeping.

Looks like some '70s Matsumoku Flying V. Like an Electra Flying Wedge.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Milled brass hardtail bridge for a pre-pro Charvel-like thing I'm working on. Also ordered a zebra Fortitude for a star body I'm currently sanding.

Projects are good.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a parallel mixer. I hate how most effects pedals are a complete tone suck. This way I can add uneffected signal back in to taste.

plzagpgy9zqdeii8jvct.jpg

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I don't know why but all this talk about Hammett and Gibson has me looking nonstop at Les Paul's. I don't know why...not even a huge fan of his (I do respect and like him but...). I don't know I feel like Homer Simpson on new billboard day. Gotta have it cuz I saw it.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The 1527 I just got is great and it feels like it needs a 6 string companion. I was apprehensive on the floating bridge but now that I got it set up I'm a fan of it.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
My current 8 string is a fixed bridge and my upcoming one has an Evertune. I’ve wanted to explore the Axe FX III and using the pitch as a trem, but the Gamechanger Audio Bigsby pedal looks to be almost exactly what I’m after. I want to see more of it when it’s fully released, but I may nab that so I can use with the Axe and my Peavey.

The Motor Synth thing looks great too from Gamechanger.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Sorry dude, quoted you earlier by mistake and just caught it. :lol:

I said I wasn't getting any more flying v's cause I don't get along with them, but this one is just screaming at me and I can't stop looking at it lol. My birthday is coming up soo......
https://reverb.com/item/41344100-unbranded-flying-v-1980-black

Can anybody identify this unbranded Flying V and would you get it? Only thing stopping me from getting is if the frets are small and thin like my old Greco LP.

My above reply was meant for you. Looks like some mid late 70s Matsumoku deal. Similar to an Electra Wedge.

Shask

Reaction score
I could build it in like an hour, lol. The electronics are easy. I think messing with the enclosures is the worst part. I gave up on trying to make them look pretty.

I was trying to make a list.

These are the clones I have finished in the last 6-7 weeks:
Parallel Mixer pedal
Savage Drive
Precision Drive
Duncan 805
Timmy V3
Buxom Boost
VFE Ice Scream
EQD Plumes
Way Huge Green Rhino MkII
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Naga Viper Treble Booster
Diezel VH4 Preamp
Dr Boogie Preamp
Yamaha NE-1 Bass Preamp
Mu-Tron Phasor II
BBE Sonic Stomp
Integrated Pre / 33 / Grind
EQD Warden Compressor
Peavey XXX Footswitch
SLO mods to my Jet City (Not a pedal, but.....)

Pedals pretty much done but waiting on like one part:
Big Muff Op-Amp version
EQD Space Spiral Delay

Pedals gonna start soon:
EQD Grand Orbiter Phaser
Keeley Magnetic Echo
Walrus Julia Chorus

Well, I thought I was done for now, but was able to find some BBD chips in stock, so I have to add to the list, lol.

EHX Small Clone
EHX Electric Mistress

After that I think I will definitely be done until I can find a THAT4301 chip in stock to make some Zuul clones.

I also bought the parts to make a couple of Humbuster cables. I want to give another chance to trying to run my Axe FX II in 4CM. It didn't work well in the past, but maybe the cables will help.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
The Epiphone LP arrived today while I'm at work, but because it's my birthday this weekend my wife hid it until then dammit. :lol:

giphy.gif

^ me at work

giphy.gif

^ my wife

Last edited:

Shask

Reaction score
Reduce C1...to 100n

link to my post in sure others will chime in later
https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/wonder-drive.7641/
Today I took out C1 and put in a socket. I tried 100nF, 47nF, and 82nF. I settled on 82nF. The control is still subtle, but you can hear what it does better, and I think the low end is more in the normal TS range, instead of too much and fuzzy/wooly. Seems more usable now to me. I think it was too "flat", so it didn't really tighten up a high gain sound.

I would like to socket some of the other parts, but some of them are under the pots, so probably too much of a pain to worry about.

The more I listen to it though, I think that knob is misnamed. Instead of Tight, it should be called Clank. lol. It reminds me of the "Curve" control on my Green Rhino. It is very subtle also, but you can hear the clanky upper mids come in when you lower the knob. It basically sets the cutoff frequency of the upper mids. It don't really have much to do with lowering bass to tighten the sound.

')