What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Shask

Reaction score
Yes, some people also prefer a parallel loop for effects on distorted tones since it seems to maintain a bit more clarity, so certainly worth taking a look into. My amps mostly have parallel and switchable loops, so I don't have to worry.

But that's a preference thing more than getting an actual technical issue like comb filtering. Give it a go and tell us what you think.
If you run rack units in your parallel loop without a Killdry or 100% wet mode, you will get comb filtering as well. My Triple Recto is the same way. Digital pedals that don't have an analog dry-through will have the same issue also.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
If you run rack units in your parallel loop without a Killdry or 100% wet mode, you will get comb filtering as well. My Triple Recto is the same way. Digital pedals that don't have an analog dry-through will have the same issue also.
Yes. If you put something in a parallel loop you need to set it to kill dry. But using any pedal in series in a mono rig can't result in comb filtering.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I can see this could be an issue because of the latency on the digital dry. I wonder if setting all the individual effect mix levels to 100% wet would take care of it, then adjusting overall sound with the parallel mixer. Far as I can tell the 1101 does not have a kill dry function. My G Sharp did, but I sold that.

Shask

Reaction score
Yes. If you put something in a parallel loop you need to set it to kill dry. But using any pedal in series in a mono rig can't result in comb filtering.
He is asking about using a parallel mixer in his loop for his rack unit.

Shask

Reaction score
I can see this could be an issue because of the latency on the digital dry. I wonder if setting all the individual effect mix levels to 100% wet would take care of it, then adjusting overall sound with the parallel mixer. Far as I can tell the 1101 does not have a kill dry function. My G Sharp did, but I sold that.
It will work if you can set each effect to 100% wet. It should anyways. My Lexicon MPX-1 is the same way. It doesn't technically have a "Killdry", but you can set the master mix to 100%, and then the mix of each effect to 100%. Then you control how much of the effect you want by the volume of each effect, and the overall mix of the effects chain by the output on the unit, or the mixer send.

(Technically it gets a little funky, because technically only 1 effect has to be at 100%, and the others don't have to be, but there must be at least one at 100% to not pass any digital dry. You must have at least 1 effect at 100% on each parallel path).

Shask

Reaction score
Depending on what gear you have, you can fake this to try it. If you have a desktop mixer, these work well for this. I was using one for the last year or so. I put the mixer in the loop and used the aux sends.

Another way, is you can go from loop send into a stereo pedal. Chorus, Delay, whatever. Then run one output into your GSP. Then, take the second output from the stereo pedal and the output from the GSP into another stereo pedal, or even one of those little cheap wire splitters/couplers. Then run this back into the return of the amp. Basically, you get 2 paths where one is a wire, and the other is the GSP.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Bari partscaster. I really want one.
I highly recommend perfecting your set up skills (fretwork, truss rod, bridge adjustment, nut slotting) first. I finished building my parts guitar in February of 2020, and finally got it set up the way I like after about a year of (monthlyish) trial and error.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Made an order with Free The Tone. Unfortunately they're having trouble with Tri Avatar 2 stocks and back orders so I'm holding off on that. I did order the Black Vehicle bass driver so I've got something to look forward to.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Get a CV70 and put a hotter paf in the bridge (9-12, maybe), with a more correct paf in the neck (8, I think?).

61Fuqt4ZL7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You know actually thinking about it, a '70s-style Deluxe Tele with PAFs would be sweet.

Millul

Reaction score
Well, the HB headless arrived, and I have to say, for being a 300€ guitar, it's pretty frigging nice!
The Blackstar FLY3...meh...cleans are actually nice, the distorted sounds are pretty horrible (I admit I have to correct my bridge pickup height).

Any suggesiton for a battery powered amp with a good distorted sound? Or, shall I just go for a pedal to add that in?

')