What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder what this is based on.

I was planning on getting one of these at some point as well, unless the incoming new gear budget allows me to pick up a duality DX.

I figured it was worth it because shipped price was $59.

For all of you that love Fluff demos...

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Maybe not an FX black metal.

18A18FBC-94F5-42C5-A4FA-A4E6785CD35B.jpeg

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
ditched my shit snark tuner for an ernie ball one. Muuuch better. Also picked up some ebmm prodigy mini picks. These feel juust right for me, the regular sized prodigys felt too long for me.

Tried a Schecter e-1 red reign 7 string today and it sounded/felt great. I just hate the gray back paired with the red top, and the tacky ass inlays. If they'd just done a black back/blank fingerboard with the red top it'd look sooooo much cleaner.

Also tried a gretsch resonator and it was awful. There was just no low end and the high end was surprisingly harsh considering it had a mahogany body. The Recording King one I tried sounded better but still wasn't great tbh.

Last edited:

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I was finally allowed to unbox my Epiphone lol.

Bottom line up front... this thing kicks all kinds of ass. Maybe some recency bias... maybe not.

The two SD JB pickups (neck covered, bridge open) are 10/10. Maybe it's the full 1/4" maple cap instead of veneer? Or maybe tonewood doesn't matter? I don't know. But this might be the best sounding double HB guitar I own?! The leads on the neck are so smooth with a ton of musical sustain. Rhythm on the bridge pickup is chunky, tight, open. Leads are searing. Chords fully ring out and have nice bloom... they have a nice compression that opens up as it rings out. This is the first guitar I've plugged in, in recent memory, where both the neck AND bridge sound great. I didn't have to dial in for one and suffer with the other (or have to fiddle with tone knobs or use a pedal). I also dig the aesthetic of a covered neck vs uncovered bridge pickup. 5/5

Playability is good. The action is medium from the factory. I'll have to measure but all 3 have been this way (JB, Slash, and now this). I've actually been digging this higher (for me) action. I'm starting to agree that you sacrifice tone and sustain for the increased shredability that comes with lower action. There's prob a slightly lower action compromise to be found so I'll give it a try at some point. The neck profile is a "Thayer profile". No idea what that really means lol. But it's not wide or thin. It's also not a 50's baseball bat. Maybe a 60's profile? Couldn't tell if it had a taper so likely not. 4/5

The looks aren't for every one. It is for me. It has way more glitter/sparkle in person than photographs lol. And much like coming home from the strip club, it's everywhere... in every nook and cranny. Headstock, back of neck, sides/back of body. Only the hardware and fretboard are spared :lol: 11/5

The swag. Matching blue Epiphone hard case is the tits. Came with a signed COA with photo in the standard Gibson folding display. Also had the world's largest desiccant pack lol. Unboxing it, you would think it was way more expensive IMO. 5/5

Kiss's music - 0/5

tl;dr this thing is a full on Gibson dressed up like a late 70's Studio 54 scene whore.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone interested in ordering anything made by Donner, they have -15% off if you buy from them directly. And their free shipping is fast. I ordered Sun night and it is arriving tomorrow. They also manufacture way more than pedals.

Yes, but how did you know my Post Bac major?

I’m facing quite the struggle deciding between the last one, this, or an EC1000 in tiger eye.View attachment 96528

Which model is that?

Last edited:

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
The Prophecy. I couldn’t really care less about the fluences but the frets are a little bigger and my #1 has gigantor frets.

Ahh.. I think I had only seen in a flame maple brown. Looks killer in black.

I'm an Epi fanboi as of late, but an EC1000 is hard to beat all around. One of the best guitars for the money that you can buy IMO.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Think I'm going to buy a Two Notes Cab M+ again, and possibly a Big Hairy Guitars cab pack. Probably use the looper on my DD-7 or DD-8 to dial in a few presets (probably one each with M25s, P50Es, V30s, 12Ls, and T75s).

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Think I'm going to buy a Two Notes Cab M+ again, and possibly a Big Hairy Guitars cab pack. Probably use the looper on my DD-7 or DD-8 to dial in a few presets (probably one each with M25s, P50Es, V30s, 12Ls, and T75s).

I bought his 12L cab and while I like it, I’m not super wild about the mic choices. Sounds good and clear, but a bit thin. I’m very tempted to nab Michael’s open back Fryette 2x12 though. Previewing it sounds really good.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Well, after being pretty dismissive of the redesigned Amptweaker stuff, I bought a Big Rock Pro II for a pretty decent price used. We'll see if I eat crow or it ends up getting sold. Still thinking of buying a Two Notes CAB M+.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a guitar specifically to put low-output PAFs in. Looking at a Squier Strat or Tele maybe.

Change of heart. Got a high-output metal guitar (Omen Elite 6. Got it cheap cheap) and I'm gonna convert one of my EMG-loaded Strats to passive w/ a PAF bridge and some standard single coils in the middle and neck... Or a stacked bucker in the neck.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Posted a guitar on Reverb I've been wanting to move for awhile to fund another purchase.

Then I made the obvious mistake.

I tried the guitar again dammit.

')