What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Reaction score
Posted a guitar on Reverb I've been wanting to move for awhile to fund another purchase.

Then I made the obvious mistake.

I tried the guitar again dammit.

One has to try things out before putting them for sale to test if they are working fine, only then one decides if they go or stay...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Posted a guitar on Reverb I've been wanting to move for awhile to fund another purchase.

Then I made the obvious mistake.

I tried the guitar again dammit.

Once you've decided to sell something play it to make sure it is ok, clean it, and don't touch it again once it's listed :lol:

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
Not too keen on the Fusion Edges in my RG5328, so tempted with some white BKPS to match the aesthetic of the prestige RGR's. I'm looking at the Painkiller bridge but not sure what to pair it with. :ugh:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
FYI...

EVH prices went up across the board.

The Relic Frankie is now $1999, 50w heads are $1399 and the 50w stealth head is $1499. EVH Specials are now $1049.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FYI...

EVH prices went up across the board.

The Relic Frankie is now $1999, 50w heads are $1399 and the 50w stealth head is $1499. EVH Specials are now $1049.

Still nowhere near as bad as the Jackson jumps... the Adrian Smith sigs were $2299 and have jumped to $2999 in the last couple months for example

lewis

Reaction score
My sophgate arrived already. Superfast delivery

IMG_20210811_160951-01.jpeg

laxu

Reaction score
Finally have half of my pedalboard hooked up and just today picked up some kits that are just some building away from being my overdrive section.

I built a DIY pedalboard out of Makerbeam parts that I had left over and the board is going to look like this:

Top row: Strymon Volante -> Strymon Flint -> Digitech Trio+ -> Fryette PS-100 fx loop
Bottom row: Turbo Tuner ST-300 -> Browne Protein Blue (PedalPCB kit) -> Browne Protein Green (kit) -> Hudson Broadcast (kit) -> Amp input.

I got the Volante hooked up and had a ton of fun learning how to use it. It has just a massive amount of sounds in it that can range from your plain old delays to chorusy, flangery and reverby sounds depending on how it's set up. The UI for it is just really good and simple to use.

If I find a used Strymon Nightsky that's going to get added, possibly replacing the Flint (or I might keep it for tremolo and basic 'verbs). Having a lot of fun with the Volante's "craft your own thing" behavior over the "here's a pile of algorithms that you can tweak a bit" most pedals offer.

I would have bought the new Universal Audio pedals but like every UA product I've ever been interested in, there's always something that they do that makes it a no go for me. With the UAFX units it's the lack of any remote control. Not having MIDI or expression support on 400 euro digital pedals is just weak shit.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
I want to buy an 8 string. They make me think outside the box vs. playing the same riffs one string lower on a 7. I know I am the problem, not 7 string guitars, but still.
Not sure what I'm going to get though. I'm eyeing this RG852 but it's quite far from my place and I've never tried one. Somebody else is selling a Boden OS 8 locally but €1,600 is a bit pushing it imo. There's also that LTD M-1008MS that's tingling me in the right places but I think it looks a bit blant. If I were in the US pretty sure I'd have tried a bolt on Aries 8 with super conservative specs but I'm not sure I want to pay import taxes to Europe and risk having to return it, even if there's only a 5% risk of that happening. Crap.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Finally have half of my pedalboard hooked up and just today picked up some kits that are just some building away from being my overdrive section.

I built a DIY pedalboard out of Makerbeam parts that I had left over and the board is going to look like this:

Top row: Strymon Volante -> Strymon Flint -> Digitech Trio+ -> Fryette PS-100 fx loop
Bottom row: Turbo Tuner ST-300 -> Browne Protein Blue (PedalPCB kit) -> Browne Protein Green (kit) -> Hudson Broadcast (kit) -> Amp input.

I got the Volante hooked up and had a ton of fun learning how to use it. It has just a massive amount of sounds in it that can range from your plain old delays to chorusy, flangery and reverby sounds depending on how it's set up. The UI for it is just really good and simple to use.

If I find a used Strymon Nightsky that's going to get added, possibly replacing the Flint (or I might keep it for tremolo and basic 'verbs). Having a lot of fun with the Volante's "craft your own thing" behavior over the "here's a pile of algorithms that you can tweak a bit" most pedals offer.

I would have bought the new Universal Audio pedals but like every UA product I've ever been interested in, there's always something that they do that makes it a no go for me. With the UAFX units it's the lack of any remote control. Not having MIDI or expression support on 400 euro digital pedals is just weak shit.
Pics my dude!

protest

Reaction score
Picked this up used from Guitar Center because I've always wanted a silverburst single cut. Not sure I'm going to keep it.

The Macassar ebony gives it kind of a rosewood vibe that I don't like with silverburst... But really it's the burst on the back being off center that's killing my ocd need for things to be symmetrical.

Am I being too harsh? I mean, I can't see either one while I'm playing!

220801307_10102851009930356_8715626142506896104_n.jpg

236015056_10102851009980256_2850841767844862730_n.jpg

232554933_10102851009880456_4555285501935699370_n.jpg

Last edited:

Shask

Reaction score

Get those builds done! :)

I finished clones of the EQD Space Spiral and Keeley Mag Echo recently. Lots of modulated delay goodness. I have an EQD Grand Orbiter and Walrus Julia clones basically done and waiting for 1 part that is on the way. I also have clones of the EHX Small Clone and Electric Mistress all built up and waiting for a few parts and enclosures. I am thinking about doing the EHX Polychorus next. I am running out of ideas after that, lol.

laxu

Reaction score
Pics my dude!

Get those builds done! :)

I finished clones of the EQD Space Spiral and Keeley Mag Echo recently. Lots of modulated delay goodness. I have an EQD Grand Orbiter and Walrus Julia clones basically done and waiting for 1 part that is on the way. I also have clones of the EHX Small Clone and Electric Mistress all built up and waiting for a few parts and enclosures. I am thinking about doing the EHX Polychorus next. I am running out of ideas after that, lol.

When I get the pedals assembled! Hoping I can build at least one during the weekend. Going to start from the Browne Protein Green side (Nobels ODR-1 based). I'm really more interested in the Blue side (Bluesbreaker based) and the Hudson Broadcast so I'll build the Green first and see how well I can get that done and apply anything I learn to maybe be able to make the other pedals a bit nicer.

Latest posts

')