What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I’m going to sell the Big Rock Pro II (it’s alright, but not great; maybe just doesn’t work well with the Cab M), and possibly get something Vox based, or maybe a Wizard Craft Metal Zone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
i don't know

i think i need to stop buying shit for the next couple of months maybe years

i genuinely have a problem

i'll talk to my shrink

rokket2005

Reaction score
I got a 25% off coupon from jtc so I picked up the new Max Ostro and Matteus Mancuso packages. Pretty killer players and will definitely take some time to get through. Also got the new Deafheaven and Chvrches albums this morning and they both slap hard.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Holy hell, it's already out for delivery! :eek: I ordered it from NY, so I was figuring at least until tomorrow or at worst Saturday, but this was lightning fast shipment. I'll be getting my COB tones on tonight it seems.

So this got delivered yesterday but I didn't get a chance to unbox it after my Cornhole Tournament that went for an ungodly four hours after work. Unpacked it tonight, and fired it up, it's exactly what I was looking for. The settings are not nearly what I was expecting them to be, but I started with gain/tone at noon and work both until they were where I wanted, and it's that nice mid-range, saturated, Marshall hi-gain tone I was hoping it'd be.

Crazy that the Jackman is supposed to be this when I've heard it doesn't have nearly enough gain on tap to be a JCM clone, while the Fireball equivalent is the one that does JCM-esque better.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I went from “nah, modelers seem too complex and I don’t like tweaking” to having a Kemper, tweaking all the damn time, and LOVING it…

And now i feel like I actually don’t have enough tweakability and want to go the AxeFx route.

thinking of flipping all my Kemper stuff and grabbing an FM9 but, wisdom is telling me to get both in my possession first, keep them for a few months, then make a decision.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I went from “nah, modelers seem too complex and I don’t like tweaking” to having a Kemper, tweaking all the damn time, and LOVING it…

And now i feel like I actually don’t have enough tweakability and want to go the AxeFx route.

thinking of flipping all my Kemper stuff and grabbing an FM9 but, wisdom is telling me to get both in my possession first, keep them for a few months, then make a decision.

Definitely try to have both at the same time to make an informed decision :yesway:

For what it's worth, I traded away my Kemper for an Axe-FX II a few years ago and never looked back. The workflow makes more sense to me since I like building sounds and chains from scratch rather than tweaking an existing profile. Plus you get a LOT more flexibility with effects, block order and parallel signals, routing for 4CM, dual amps, etc.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Man ....im glad this is done, all the weeks doing my homework , watching Vids...studying i bought a lot of tools, a rolling Tool box that fits under the desk..Signal gen ..2 new Fluke Multi Meters..Tubes ...Amp Parts ... Amazon, order before midnight get it at noon...

That Scope and Signal Gen is so feather weight l had to velcro down...they dont move now

Have my Shielded cable now ...so i can tempt to instal my loop...Bought a bunch of parts for Amps from Valvestorm

Time to mod and fix what i have ...lol

Mike

20210828_120332.jpg

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
My guitar gear gas is under control. Not to say I won’t buy an amp or guitar if the right deal comes along, but I already have every base covered 10 fold. Outboard studio equipment on the other hand... damn.

Just got a Warm 1073 mic pre with eq (sounds excellent) and am waiting for a local company to get stock on parts so I can build an 1176 compressor next.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@DudeManBrother - do you get a kit or do you just have diagrams and get whatever parts you need individually for that 1176 build?

I want to try building a fairchild, but that's beyond my ability right now ha. I think i need to start smaller.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
@DudeManBrother - do you get a kit or do you just have diagrams and get whatever parts you need individually for that 1176 build?

I want to try building a fairchild, but that's beyond my ability right now ha. I think i need to start smaller.
There’s a local company called Hairball that sells complete kits and partials that include the hard to get parts and chassis. I have a ton of capacitors and resistors etc so I just need the chassis and some of the unique/hard to find 1176 specific parts.

Yeah I’d definitely start with something way more basic than a Fairchild :lol: If you’re comfortable building tube amp circuits from scratch or off schematics then you could tackle one, but if not, then it’s best to familiarize yourself by doing simple builds like pedals and “paint by number” type kits.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
FM muddafuggin 9

My phone rang constantly yesterday...Been to the Fractal Forum....its been i reason its been quite...get on the wait list , i have ...Go over there..FM9..ya gotta get one , there Text's looked like a CVS receipt ...like a novel

Nah...lol

Does fit that bill between the FM3 and AX3 tho...

Mike

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Since my Peavey Supreme has shit the bed, there's no amp tech locally, and sending it off for repairs would likely be more expensive than buying another one, I'm just going to get a Master Effects Marauder.

From what I can tell it sounds pretty close to the real thing, and it will integrate seamlessly into my existing setup.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Finally ordered a Source Audio EQ-2, can’t wait. There’s a guy locally selling the same Epi LP Custom I’ve been eyeing and he hasn’t responded to message yet, but that’s on the agenda too. I also have a new amp stand and studio desk on the way.

Latest posts

')