What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
bought a zoom q2n 4k to mess around with for recording in the room sounds/classical stuff. If it sucks I'll just grab a decent video cam and a good mic (sound is more what I care about anyways)

Please share your experience with that when you can.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Man, I just dont know, lol. I left my long time job a few months ago and haven't done much in gear except build a crap-ton of pedals. However, I just accepted a new job and I will be making a considerable amount more than I did. I didn't even have to touch my savings as I expected to be unemployed for at least a year.

Maybe an Axe-FX III to go with my Axe II? Maybe a FM3 or FM9? A 5150 III 50W Stealth to go with my 6l6? A new awesome 412 cab?

I have so much gear I don't need anything, but new toys are always fun. lol.

Some sort of Load/IR box seems interesting as I have been liking the stereo effects Madison Square Bedroom thing lately with 2 cabs.

mogar

Reaction score
Part of me wants to dive deeper into rack territory with my gsp1101 as the heart, but my god are good rack power amps hard to find for me right now.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Man, I just dont know, lol. I left my long time job a few months ago and haven't done much in gear except build a crap-ton of pedals. However, I just accepted a new job and I will be making a considerable amount more than I did. I didn't even have to touch my savings as I expected to be unemployed for at least a year.

Maybe an Axe-FX III to go with my Axe II? Maybe a FM3 or FM9? A 5150 III 50W Stealth to go with my 6l6? A new awesome 412 cab?

Some sort of Load/IR box seems interesting as I have been liking the stereo effects Madison Square Bedroom thing lately with 2 cabs.

Axe III definitely. What poweramp are you running? Upgrade to a Fryette 2/90/2. Or go full baller and hunt down a VHT 2150 or Mesa Strategy 500. And Fryette cabs are awesome too.

laxu

Reaction score

Congrats on the new job! Nothing better than getting a new job that pays significantly more. I did the same thing last year.

To me after FM9 release there's not much reason to buy the Axe-Fx 3 unless you really want the rack form factor.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Boss MS-3, SansAmp GT-2, some cables to wire it up neatly, and possibly a Boss FS-6 or FS-7. I'm curious whether the Boss MS-3 can replace my DD-7, DD-8, RV-(whatever the recent stompbox is -- 5? 6?), PH-3, MXR Analog Chorus (which I think is basically a CE-5), and BF-3.

Reaction score
Cancelled the order on the new guitar..because I found one that actually HAS pictures and comes with a case and it's cheaper than what I had. Ordered. Overnighted.

The case alone is a 170 dollar value. Winner winner stick it in'er

spacebard

Reaction score
I just bought this!

186374676_1123119321543227_6533702040422642030_n.jpg

MrWulf

Reaction score
NGL i'm tore between a Schecter Banshee Mach 7 FRS, or an Axe FX III/FM9. Equally gasing for both

Mourguitars

Reaction score
" I have so much gear I don't need anything, but new toys are always fun. lol. " ...Shask

Your like me ....i have shelves of stuff downstairs let alone packed away here in the office, i should never ever be bored, but i am !

Bought a CS7 power supply for the desk at a good deal shipped, A 2ft plug in LED light for the desk im building a mount for now and most importantly ....a Good pair of 2nd glasses from the Eye Dr for working on the small components for building along with my everyday glasses...im tired of wasting money on cheap glasses ....wearing 2 pair..i guess they are transition to magnifiers....59 is not to kind Lol...

I did go thru my String box and fill in what i was low on.....so a bunch of packs of strings

Other than a 800 Amp kit down the road , build or maybe buy a pedal....i dont need much or want these days....but i spent a small fortune over the decades tho.....gheez !

Mike

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Well, was looking to upgrade the guard on my old Am. STD Strat with something metal based. That led me to remembering I just want a volume pot in 3rd position. I have a fully loaded custom pickguard in my Dragonfire cart now.....

Bearitone

Reaction score
NGL i'm tore between a Schecter Banshee Mach 7 FRS, or an Axe FX III/FM9. Equally gasing for both
Dude, those Mach series Banshees are specced out fucking incredibly. I’m so torn about buying one also. I don’t want to miss the boat because i think they’ll be discontinued going into 2022

Gmork

Reaction score
Hopefully set to trade a bunch of pedals for a fender super-sonic 60 combo! Will use it as a pedal platform for my new fuzzed out grunge band! Pretty dang excited!

MrWulf

Reaction score
Dude, those Mach series Banshees are specced out fucking incredibly. I’m so torn about buying one also. I don’t want to miss the boat because i think they’ll be discontinued going into 2022

Looking at previous history they probably will be discontinued yeah. If nothing change i'll buy a 7 string FRS model and then mod it by getting rid of the Sustainiac, install an M7 neck, LED killswitch, and TAM100 style wiring. It'd be the last guitar for me for now.

Shask

Reaction score
Axe III definitely. What poweramp are you running? Upgrade to a Fryette 2/90/2. Or go full baller and hunt down a VHT 2150 or Mesa Strategy 500. And Fryette cabs are awesome too.
I have a Matrix GT1000fx that I use when I only use the Axe by itself. I also have an old ART SLA-2 in the closet. I have considered a Freyette Power Station, or Mesa 2:90, or something tube. I think that would help the low end depth, but at the same time, it kinda bugs me that you are limiting the Axe by augmenting it with these other devices.

Right now I have my Axe II hooked up in 4CM with my 5150 III 50w. I spent a ton of time jacking with input/output settings, impedance settings, built some Humbuster cables, etc..... and finally found a pretty transparent setup in tone and feel. I have messed with it on and off for years and was never happy with the feel in front of the amp, but the impedance and boost pad really seemed to help with that. I am afraid to unhook it now, lol. Running a second output to the poweramp section of my JCA100HDM makes it even better, as I am getting the stereo effects across the room with 2 different amps and 212 cabs. Using the gate/key type gate setup where the gate is triggered by the input makes the whole thing completely silent with minimal gating artifacts.

Shask

Reaction score
Congrats on the new job! Nothing better than getting a new job that pays significantly more. I did the same thing last year.

To me after FM9 release there's not much reason to buy the Axe-Fx 3 unless you really want the rack form factor.
Thanks! The whole thing just happened really quick and unexpectedly. I am completely changing careers, so I figured it would take longer, and I would have to take low pay and work my way up. I think the only negative is I have worked from home for almost a decade, and will have to actually drive to an office now. No more lunch time jams, lol.

Yeah, the FM9 looks good, but I have pretty much always preferred rack formats. I think it looks cleaner, and I generally dont really do a lot of switching. I had a POD HD500 back in the day, and it kind of annoyed me it was so big for so many switches I never used. I think I would go FM3 just because it is smaller and would sit on a desk easier. However, it seems to be missing things the Axe III can do. I dont just mean blocks it dont have, or fewer repeating blocks, but things like the pitch block not working as well. I like all the I/O on the Axe III when thinking about using 4CM and such.

I have a Behringer FCB1010 that I use with my Axe II for switching stuff. It is huge also, but thin, so it is easy to stand up out of the way.

Shask

Reaction score
" I have so much gear I don't need anything, but new toys are always fun. lol. " ...Shask

Your like me ....i have shelves of stuff downstairs let alone packed away here in the office, i should never ever be bored, but i am !

Bought a CS7 power supply for the desk at a good deal shipped, A 2ft plug in LED light for the desk im building a mount for now and most importantly ....a Good pair of 2nd glasses from the Eye Dr for working on the small components for building along with my everyday glasses...im tired of wasting money on cheap glasses ....wearing 2 pair..i guess they are transition to magnifiers....59 is not to kind Lol...

I did go thru my String box and fill in what i was low on.....so a bunch of packs of strings

Other than a 800 Amp kit down the road , build or maybe buy a pedal....i dont need much or want these days....but i spent a small fortune over the decades tho.....gheez !

Mike
I used to sell more to buy more, but it seems like selling has become such a PITA these days with scammers and return policies and such, that I have just been keeping everything, even if I don't play it much. So, now I am accumulating instead of rotating, lol. Honestly, I just haven't needed the money or space enough to care.

I finished my EHX trio last week, my Small Clone Clone, Electric Mistress Clone, and the PolyChorus Clone. I have been having tons of fun playing nothing but Nirvana for a week, lol. The PolyChorus is really fun. I always wanted one for years. I also completed a Mutron Micro V clone for that envelope filter auto wah type thing. I am also building a DOD Milk Box Compressor clone that I will have done probably tomorrow. I will probably take a break after that. Not only am I going back to having 2 jobs, but I really don't know what else to build until the THAT Muzzle chips are available again. Or the Presoldered FV-1 chips.

Shask

Reaction score
The strangest thing about those is they have a "Thin-U" neck, instead of the C-shaped necks every other Schecter has. What is this neck? Why is it different?

I like the looks of some of the SVSS models. I have considered getting one.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
eventide has the 910 on sale.... I wasn't going to get it but then I demo'd it again, and it's just kinda super fun for such a simple thing. ...so I bought it...

Bearitone

Reaction score
The strangest thing about those is they have a "Thin-U" neck, instead of the C-shaped necks every other Schecter has. What is this neck? Why is it different?

I like the looks of some of the SVSS models. I have considered getting one.

I think a U is somewhere between a C and a D in terms of flatness, correct?

You could always email Schecter and they might be able to let you know.

')