What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Can't decide between an Eminence Legend, CV 75, Swamp Thing, or Man O War to pair with a V30, I really don't want another celestion, I want an eminence. Anyone have any insight? I love modern metal, with pristine cleans.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Pair of 10" Cannabis Rex speakers on the way. They weren't eligible for Prime shipping last time I looked.... now they are.

I put a pair of Jensen Jets into a Lab Series L7 back when Amplified Parts had that BOGO fire sale, they're much louder/better sounding than the stock drivers. It made me wish I'd ordered 4 of them, but I figured this would be a good opportunity to try pairing them with something interesting.
Tell me how they are! I was thinking of trying their 12" but keep hearing its best suited for like jazz and stuff like that, I want to hear a metal example of it.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I put in an offer for a Peluso 251 a few days ago and the seller hit me with a counteroffer which I wasn't super happy with, but another one popped up today for ~300 less than the first so I scooped it up!

251.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Decided to get a Schecter C7 Deluxe. Their cheapo guitar. Store had a B-stock for way cheap so fuck it, modder platform.

C7%20DLX%20SHWT9.png

Also bought a Cepheus bridge pickup. Only like $30 and I really dig the pickup. Debating on trying blackouts in it eventually, too.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just bought this old hardcase for my Horizon. Only problem, is it's for LP-style guitars. I was so busy thinking about how feasible it would be to modify the cutout for the horizon that I didn't stop to think about the length of the case, and now I'm a bit concerned...

i-img1200x900-1632364847bilfgq503383.jpg

i-img1200x900-1632364847hsk1qm893372.jpg

There was randomly another ESP horizon for sale tonight on the same auction site, that came with the same type of case, but 2 foreigners started bidding it up a ton and I eventually had to let it go. I just wanted the case!

I love "the only real alternative!" though. It's like acknowledging it's not the guitar you want, but out of all the remaining options, it's the one you want lol

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How do you like it so far ? The features are obviously impressive, but I'm mainly scared of the el84 power section. Have you had the chance to crank it yet ?
Cranked it today, sounds great!

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Kinda thinking about trading my Mark IV for a Diezel D-Moll. I feel like my Mark V fits my overall needs better(I'm playing death metal in the vein of Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, etc.), and I want a Recto, and I saw a video on Youtube of someone comparing a 2 channel Recto to the D-Moll, and they sound almost identical.

edit: nvm its already gone lol

Last edited:

laxu

Reaction score
11858790_800.jpg

Is it next purchase if you have bought it but not received it yet? I found a used BluGuitar Blubox cabinet simulator for a very good price so giving it a try is less of a risk. I have ignored this one due to its 250 euro cost new which doesn't seem worth it when you can get a Two Notes CAB M for 279.

But looking through some demos its simplicity might actually be a strength. A lot of IR loaders are a bit complicated with LCDs, crappy IR uploader software and whatnot and this covers most of the cabs I would generally like to use, tailored to work with the BluGuitar Amp 1 I own. So I'm hoping it's as simple as picking a cab, tweaking the mic position knob a bit and getting back to playing.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Is it next purchase if you have bought it but not received it yet? I found a used BluGuitar Blubox cabinet simulator for a very good price so giving it a try is less of a risk. I have ignored this one due to its 250 euro cost new which doesn't seem worth it when you can get a Two Notes CAB M for 279.

But looking through some demos its simplicity might actually be a strength. A lot of IR loaders are a bit complicated with LCDs, crappy IR uploader software and whatnot and this covers most of the cabs I would generally like to use, tailored to work with the BluGuitar Amp 1 I own. So I'm hoping it's as simple as picking a cab, tweaking the mic position knob a bit and getting back to playing.
I believe Blug isn’t a fan of other options because of latency, which most say is negligible in most cases, but Blug can apparently detect it. As such, he doesn’t seem to be a fan.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Decided to get a Schecter C7 Deluxe. Their cheapo guitar. Store had a B-stock for way cheap so fuck it, modder platform.

C7%20DLX%20SHWT9.png

Also bought a Cepheus bridge pickup. Only like $30 and I really dig the pickup. Debating on trying blackouts in it eventually, too.
Cepheus are the agile ones aren't they? I've actually heard pretty good things.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
guitar professor is telling me my mockingbird sounds too bright and too middy

on an air Norton

I rolled back the tone the whole way and he stopped bugging me about it but he still says the guitar sounds "too metal" and I'm like what do you want me to do about it, I'm not buying a jazz box or an expensive acoustic with a preamp

although I might get an epi LP custom just to make my jazz stick

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I can’t even remember what I wrote in here last, but in the last 3 weeks I picked up-

PRS SE Semi-hollow
Solar E-type (the FBMM? With the Evertune, it fucking RULES)
Fractal FM9
Fractal EV-1
Mission Engineering EP-1 (spring loaded)

Waiting on-

Custom Gilmour Red Strat Replica being made by MJT Guitars (can’t fucking wait for this!!!!)
RG7620 I found for CHEAP!

To buy-
GOMC pedalboard/road case for the FM9 rig
Powerstage 700 for the FM9 rig
Two Mesa Boogie 2x12 cabs for the FM9 rig

It’s been a GREAT two weeks!!!

laxu

Reaction score
I believe Blug isn’t a fan of other options because of latency, which most say is negligible in most cases, but Blug can apparently detect it. As such, he doesn’t seem to be a fan.

I've been running my Amp 1 into my audio interface and using cab sims from VST plugins and yeah, of course you get more latency there and it's noticeable but it's not at levels where it becomes a dealbreaker.

But having low latency is definitely a plus in any case. I'm really more after simple to use and portable stuff so I'm not tied to the computer for the cab sims if I need them.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I've been running my Amp 1 into my audio interface and using cab sims from VST plugins and yeah, of course you get more latency there and it's noticeable but it's not at levels where it becomes a dealbreaker.

But having low latency is definitely a plus in any case. I'm really more after simple to use and portable stuff so I'm not tied to the computer for the cab sims if I need them.
I believe I watched a video where they mentioned Blug wasn't a fan of one of the IR loaders because of the latency, as opposed to using a VST cab IR loader.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
^Nice!! How's it play/how do you like it?

One of the local GC's has a couple of these hanging around, been there for a while too. If they sit a little longer I'm gonna have to make a stupid offer and see how low they'll let one go.....

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
^Nice!! How's it play/how do you like it?

One of the local GC's has a couple of these hanging around, been there for a while too. If they sit a little longer I'm gonna have to make a stupid offer and see how low they'll let one go.....
Playability, and finish are some of the best I’ve ever had from an import guitar. Sound wise, it was super nice sounding through the original owners peavey classic 50, I’ll definitely report back once my actual rig is set up however. Acoustically it’s very alive and isn’t too bright or dark. Very balanced unplugged tone.