What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

BabUShka

Reaction score
I had a SH14 and it somehow sounded dark and twangy at the same time. :lol:

We'll see what happens. I've seen some Blackouts floating around mroe commonly than the SH-5.

I changed from Blackouts to SH5 in my Blackjack ATX C1. Also noticed that the SH5 has also some kind of "twang" in the background that I can't explain. But sounds very nice and it cut really well in a band-situation, compared to the Blackouts that I found to be very scooped and too hot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I changed from Blackouts to SH5 in my Blackjack ATX C1. Also noticed that the SH5 has also some kind of "twang" in the background that I can't explain. But sounds very nice and it cut really well in a band-situation, compared to the Blackouts that I found to be very scooped and too hot.

I keep juggling between the SH-5, Blackouts, Distortion, and Black Winters. Shit isn't easy. :lol: I like the high end of the SH-5 but I remember the bass being pretty big.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
having a severe episode of GAS over Strymon Timeline. rn the only con (other than the price lol) is the form factor - defo won't fit on any of my pedalboard rigs.

BabUShka

Reaction score
I keep juggling between the SH-5, Blackouts, Distortion, and Black Winters. Shit isn't easy. :lol: I like the high end of the SH-5 but I remember the bass being pretty big.

I understand. I've only tried the SH5 in my Schecter, and it sounds amazing (to my taste..). But I have two spare SH5's , waiting to be tested in other guitars - just to confirm if they work well in other guitars also :) I wonder if I should try one in my Eclipse.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Imma be honest dude, that's the wettest fart I've ever heard coming out of an amp, as from others who've had that in a guitar. Some people make them sound good, but it needs a lot of tweaking.
I think I’ve read some crazy shit like swapping to neodymium magnets makes the Invader sound insane. Probably BS but, I’ve been curious ever since reading it

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think I’ve read some crazy shit like swapping to neodymium magnets makes the Invader sound insane. Maybe BS but, I’ve been curious ever since reading it
Imma be honest dude, that's the wettest fart I've ever heard coming out of an amp, as from others who've had that in a guitar. Some people make them sound good, but it needs a lot of tweaking.

I got it for cheap so eh, if it ends up being shit I'll flip it. I've just been super curious about the invader since *fprever*.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I've been able to try a few friend's guitars with Invaders through my rig and I thought it was cool for super heavy stuff :shrug: you reeeeally have to back it off from the strings or else it'll be overly hot and mushy.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I have an Invader in my Kramer at my folk's house, and it's just balls to the wall output. Like, hey, 17 year old me wanted gain and what I got was GAIN.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'd be curious to swap the screws of one coil or both to those used in the Full Shred and a lot of Dimarzio humbuckers.

Apparently Invaders use a different thread than your standard polepieces. When I get the Invader I'll have to yank a polepiece out to see the dimensions.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my Boss TU-3W and getting a Peterson tuner to try out sweetened tunings.

Apparently Invaders use a different thread than your standard polepieces. When I get the Invader I'll have to yank a polepiece out to see the dimensions.
What a pain in the ass.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Thunder road guitars just posted a nash JM with blocks and binding. I briefly considered listing the SC594 SH :lol:

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
They do. The pole pieces and the extra two ceramic magnets are most of the Invader magic IMO. The former being the biggest factor, also imo. The black winter is also triple ceramic and the two couldn’t really be tonally farther apart other than output.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They do. The pole pieces and the extra two ceramic magnets are most of the Invader magic IMO. The former being the biggest factor, also imo. The black winter is also triple ceramic and the two couldn’t really be tonally farther apart other than output.

IF it's possible, i'm curious to see what the difference is with the different polepieces.

I'm just a wee bit anxious, the Invader has been a pickup I've always been curious about since it's allegedly all over Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

')