What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
Getting pretty sick of the Rocksmith cable I tried to get by instead of using an interface, so now I'm looking for an actual one, lol.

There was a local classified for a decently cheap pickup-only Scarlett Solo 2nd gen in my city, but the offer disappeared overnight. Not sure if someone actually bought it, or if the uptime just ran out and it has to be refreshed (it happens). Otherwise, not looking specifically in my area, there's another, a bit more expensive 2nd gen - but at this point I might pay another little bit more and either go for the Audient iD4 (I know someone here recommended them over the Focusrites, but it seems like the 1st gen, so I'd need to look up the differences) or I might go for the Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen for the same money as Audient, if having two identical inputs would actually be any better.

If you're going used, try to find a model that can work as a standalone amp in a box pedal to headphone amp run off a USB charger (the Solos can't, 2i2 can't either afair)

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I found the last NOS EVH Striped Series guitar straps and ordered some…

AE79B6A4-D4BB-4267-A3EF-FCBF71EF49BD.jpeg

Gmork

Reaction score
Just bought this cheap crappy but clearly amazing Dean custom zone from a pawnshop for $225 all taxes included! (including gig bag)
The fret ends are not great but ive had worse on a $1200 ibanez ironlabel. The neck is a fat C shape which i plan to sand down a bit. Pickups sound a bit mushy and have a bright topend fizz. Will replace them probably with some duncans.
It doesnt play the smoothest but itll be the perfect on stage beater punk guitar!
Im really happy with it despite its short comings.
tbjg~2.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Just bought this cheap crappy but clearly amazing Dean custom zone from a pawnshop for $225 all taxes included! (including gig bag)
The fret ends are not great but ive had worse on a $1200 ibanez ironlabel. The neck is a fat C shape which i plan to sand down a bit. Pickups sound a bit mushy and have a bright topend fizz. Will replace them probably with some duncans.
It doesnt play the smoothest but itll be the perfect on stage beater punk guitar!
Im really happy with it despite its short comings. View attachment 98639
This guitar pisses me off more than it should. C'mon, you're going to go through all of that, then just attach a lazy black Dean logo/color scheme? Either commit or don't bother, Dean. Neon highlighter green body, maple fretboard/neck (natural), and black/white logo, OR ALL green with a black logo.

Adieu

Reaction score

You know they cost $250 new right?

Or is that discount canuck used dollars vs elevated USD new prices?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The biggest bummer about these is the fretboard isn't actually finished, it's just vinyl strips glued on, so after any reasonable play time they start pulling.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw an MT-15 pop up on kijiji used for $800 CAD. They've been listing $850-$900 here. (new they're $969CAD) .......... .......... ..... I messaged the dude about this one. I dunno. Maybe I'll get it, maybe not.

If not then I may just move towards a skervesen velociraptor since all the things I really want are out of stock everywhere locally, and there's not much popping up on the used market that's interesting.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm curious if those are just two tone controls, or if he has a preamp or two under the hood.

Hard to say. I know even back in the day he was a bit of a gear nerd, so it might have had preamps and whatnot.

ALSO YEAH, been flirting with getting an 8-string again. I really like my cheapie Schecter C7 Deluxe, so I'm debating on getting the 8-string version.

Reaction score
Just bought a bunch of parts to customize my new Dean ML. I wanted to put a Les Paul pickguard on it but decided to leave it out on this one. I do want a second one to do that but for now I'll work on this one. Once everything comes in and the tech does the work I'll report back

')