What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So I found a single Duncan Blackout 7 that I'm gonna try in case the Invader doesn't work. Kinda tempted to just do a Dino on this guitar. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally bought one…

24FBFF9E-7806-4B3C-9962-0EA99537269D.jpeg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes but its $1k more than the one I found haha

No worries. I’m not letting it go for less than $3k the Doghair finish alone is worth it. Besides I only want the $3k to fund another immediate purchase otherwise I wouldn’t ever sell it.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
No worries. I’m not letting it go for less than $3k the Doghair finish alone is worth it. Besides I only want the $3k to fund another immediate purchase otherwise I wouldn’t ever sell it.

Yeah the doghair finish is awesome. If I end up going for the one i saw, it'll be interesting to see the "merlot doghair" in person.

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I said I was gona get some strings, those are yet to arrive, last week I disgraced my wallet and it is scheduled for delivery this Monday... WHERE ARE MY STRINGS???...

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I really don't want to jinx it, but this one shop has the Fender Tash Sultana Strat on clearance so I hope they still have it on Saturday when I'm going to the town to test it out. :pray:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A Diezel FS7HE if I can actually find one somewhere that has them in stock and that will ship it to me... might end up saying screw it and just grabbing a cheap midi controller.

EDIT: apparently the FS7HE won't do the 2 modes on channel 2 on the Herbert Mk3 so shopping midi controllers.

Reaction score
... I want/need my strings order to arrive... the wallet disgrace has already arrived (NGD within a few days) and is in need for a new setup with new strings and I only have 1 pack at home.... buáááá (this is me crying).

Yeah, I know I can use this 1 pack to set up the new lady, but she's not the only one in need for new strings and set up... guess I'll run the shops around and see if there are any on them...

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
A Diezel FS7HE if I can actually find one somewhere that has them in stock and that will ship it to me... might end up saying screw it and just grabbing a cheap midi controller.

EDIT: apparently the FS7HE won't do the 2 modes on channel 2 on the Herbert Mk3 so shopping midi controllers.
There is apparently an FS8HE for the MkIII, but I've only seen them in stock in Japan. I'd definitely recommend getting midi controller for that price though. As much as I like Diezel amps, all of their controllers are overpriced and underfunctioned, particularly Columbus.

Most amp manufacturers make bad controllers, except the magical little box that is the JVM controller.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is apparently an FS8HE for the MkIII, but I've only seen them in stock in Japan. I'd definitely recommend getting midi controller for that price though. As much as I like Diezel amps, all of their controllers are overpriced and underfunctioned, particularly Columbus.

Most amp manufacturers make bad controllers, except the magical little box that is the JVM controller.

Yeah what really annoys me is the controller is ~$180 on Thomann but Diezel dealer restrictions won't let them ship to me.

I'll probably just grab something like the Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose as I don't need 1000 banks of patches, just want to be able to switch the channels without having to get up while playing :lol:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yeah what really annoys me is the controller is ~$180 on Thomann but Diezel dealer restrictions won't let them ship to me.

I'll probably just grab something like the Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose as I don't need 1000 banks of patches, just want to be able to switch the channels without having to get up while playing :lol:
The main benefit the FS8 has over midi is its so frustrating to make the midcut and master 2 switchable with midi. Diezels are only able to receive midi PC, so you can't just make them toggle in any simple with midi.

Its so dumb.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The main benefit the FS8 has over midi is its so frustrating to make the midcut and master 2 switchable with midi. Diezels are only able to receive midi PC, so you can't just make them toggle in any simple with midi.

Its so dumb.

Yep... and most controllers that aren't stupid expensive only send PCs anyways. I need to look, I thought programming a channel on a PC grabbed the MV, channel, and mid cut settings but could easily be wrong. Of course that means an entire separate patch for each set of MV / channel / mid cut options.

I would love to know how the hell the FS7/8 send 7 or 8 commands over a single TS cable. Got to be doing some form of complicated signal multiplexing to tie into the MIDI control as normally it's a conductor per switch operation for simple switching.

')