What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yep... and most controllers that aren't stupid expensive only send PCs anyways. I need to look, I thought programming a channel on a PC grabbed the MV, channel, and mid cut settings but could easily be wrong. Of course that means an entire separate patch for each set of MV / channel / mid cut options.

I would love to know how the hell the FS7/8 send 7 or 8 commands over a single TS cable. Got to be doing some form of complicated signal multiplexing to tie into the MIDI control as normally it's a conductor per switch operation for simple switching.
Yeah, you have to send a PC for whatever combination of channel/midcut/volume/loop/mute you want. Which is sad because on my JP2C for example I can send a CC to just turn Shred mode on regardless of the channel, or whatever EQ I want.

I'm not sure how they actually do it with the footswitch, though a few companies now have fairly complicated switching setups on a single TS connector so it can't be very complicated.

I ended up with a MC8 for a variety of reasons as my midi controller, and while pricey its very fully featured.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Imma be honest dude, that's the wettest fart I've ever heard coming out of an amp, as from others who've had that in a guitar. Some people make them sound good, but it needs a lot of tweaking.

Well, you were correct. Lots and lots and lots of midrange, but wasn't very crunchy. No high end to balance it out did make it sound woofy as all hell.

Glad I bought that Blackout just in case. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well I found a reason to sell all the pickups I've been buying. :lol:

hyhvxdtvqlw6kd8ahgii.jpg

Gotta cover the costs for buying this. The black C8 Deluxe (hell, the C8 Deluxe IN GENERAL) is MIA due to backorder, so when this one popped up on reverb I had to IMMEDIATELY BUY IT.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
^That reminds me of a PRSchecter.

Congrats!

Yeah, apparently they're not getting a new batch of these until 2022 so... Into my guitar rack it goes. :lol:

It looks like the pickup routes were widened too. Might be able to fit an EMG 81-8H/60-8H set in this bad boy.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
Looked through the Ceriatone catalog trying to figure out which one to order…

I’ve narrowed the list down to all of them.

(I already have a Spawn QR100 so I don’t want to be redundant either.)
I’m about to order an AH-100 Deluxe with the gain channels replaced by the Molecular. Nik is so easy to work with. I just love the Friedman Plexi channel and am wanting a different flavor of high gain on the other channel. Ceriatone continues to be the best value in amps.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Emailed Ceriatone and had a reply in 10 mins.

They are open and shipping amps. Looks like orders are delayed about 2 months from early year estimates but they are making headway. I wouldn't hesitate to get an order in if you know what you want and can handle the uncertainty of the timeline. Nik is solid.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Finally getting the frets on my MIM Strat fixed by a local luthier, so now that I'll actually want to play it more I'm looking at going down the rabbit hole of pickups again.

It's currently SSS and I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I was originally going to keep it SSS but I just don't play the type of music that calls for it, so I've been tempted to get an HH or even single hum pickguard and experiment with different pickups.

I'm kind of tempted to make it a Frankenstein and have it routed for a Floyd but that's a pricier endeavor to think about in the future :lol:

Think I'll be keeping it in a half step down tuning for generic rock, so I don't want to put any of my spare pickups in it since I don't think they'd be suited to that (I have a DiMarzio Titan, and SD Nazgul/sentient set in the closet somewhere)

Maybe an X2N or something off the wall, who knows.

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
So I'm just browsing my local craigslist and facebook market place and I found an Engl Thunder 50 Combo for a super cheap price, And an Engl Screamer 50 Head, don't need it but it would be nice to have. Any info on these? Are they loud enough to gig? And are they capable of doing any tight Death Metal on their own? I would prefer the combo since it's a lot easier to lug around, plus I don't own a cab.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
A 1969 LP goldtop P90 just hit the floor at 12th fret in Toronto for $6500 as the serial has been sanded off. It doesnt even appear to have checking.

Im telling myself it has a 60s slim neck so I dont care :lol:

@RevDrucifer buy it.

Hahahaha I locked all that money in a CD so I WON’T spend $6500!!!!

Trust me, I would have had a Silverburst already if I didn’t. :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's taking a lot of effort not to immediately waste money on the Imperium 7 set on Reverb for my incoming Mockingbird but I won't have it until next Friday bc Canada Post sucks dog balls so I don't even know if it needs a swap, and my guitars keep getting ghosted on sales, and I need some other stuff, so I'm still spending money I shouldn't be atm when I'm buying things that I want (my needs are by far met).

HOWEVER

the Imperiums sound exactly like what I want in that guitar, medium output, chunky, with great clarity and most importantly jazzy cleans. It also helps that that set specifically has black metal covers and would look great on the pearl white bird. I also don't want to do any soldering and I've been debating EMG fat 55s and a full wiring kit with accessories but idk, the fishman Javier Reyes set also seems like it would be great. Once I get some money I'll decide. Just don't wanna do the work and I want at least my Hondo and Schecter sold so I can recoup the Mockingbird costs.

')