What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Found a matching Splawn 412 cab for my Quickrod 100. Has V30 on bottom and Creamback 65 on top. Wired for mono or stereo.

FC2C16B6-3642-4A75-9719-35A9F015FBEA.jpeg
6DB5DC97-5E94-4198-A7F2-8558A3558185.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Been having a hard time logging on to a few Forums as of late...this one and the Marshall Forum.... Hmm...my mac mini is all updated so ..anyways

Bought some pedal parts from Amazon...dont want to do a big Tayda order yet with shipping issues, redoing my pedalboard to run pedals in the loop with a 5 loop switcher so some George L's ends and these others from Amazon that ive had no problem with....ill recommend those, been very happy and no problems

20211015_104034.jpg

Bought a Hakko holder for my desoldering gun....been watching a few amp guys on Youtube having there Desoldering gun in it ....

81iM6d6ovmL._AC_SL1500_.jpeg

I had this book when it first come out...lost it along the way or someone borrowed it ...but i found one for $75 shipped that is a great deal cause they are going from well over $100 to $200 these days...mine is in mint condition...Must have for Marshall guys like me !

9780793525096-us.jpeg

Work still hasn't slowed down for the Fishing tackle biz...usally October is dead for us...but were living in a different era now...a new broom sweeps a different way, but my gosh i was wanting to start building a 800 this month ....lol...ive been buying a lot of the parts here and there , cant complain but.....why not everyone else does ....Joking lol...not really my personality to do so....but im tired of talking fishing tackle 24/7 for the last 2 years...i wanna build my amp...lol

Mike

Gmork

Reaction score
Well along with the mesa roadster im getting soon today im also trading my fender super twin reverb for a 3 ch triple rec!
If you would have asked me a couple weeks ago if i thought id be drowning in mesas i woulda laughed and said yeah right lol.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone try the Tourgear Designs flat pedal cables? Looking to finally put my pedals on the board.

46E94487-6149-4B01-8436-BD09E6029BCA.jpeg

also…

This thing is amazing sounding. Maybe my fav MIAB of all the ones I own. Hopefully I can find some time to open it up today and try out the other tones. Only complaint… I wish companies would make the dip switches or varistors accessible from the outside.

0D4FDB86-0DDA-4F9F-98D2-31AC6648E9C2.jpeg

5890F293-51B6-4EAF-93F9-09934C355388.jpeg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
almost left a store with a '99 30th anni deluxe in black yesterday :lol: but I have some guitars to sell first...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Waiting to get the C-8 to see if I need new pickups for it. Looking at either a dual 85-8XH set or 81-8H/85-8XH set.

Otherwise I'm also looking to ditch some guitars to get me some Les Paul-y (or V or Explorer) deal for standard tuned thrashy chugga.

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
Need a quad of speakers for an empty '80 1960a I just traded some stuff for. Right now I have four 4x12's, all with mixed speakers: V30/Creamback 75, V30/G12K-100 frontloaded, V30/G12K-100 rearloaded, and Creamback 65/Creamback 75. I'm thinking either V30/Greenback or just straight V30 to try to climb back out of the rabbit hole of speaker mixing I've spent so much time in :lol:

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Gonna try a PAF 7 in my SL7. The SD distortion seems so much more compressed than I remember the 6 being, no right hand dynamics.

Also, small stuff like neckplates and strap buttons for a few builds I have going. Picked up some Z-poxy too to try for grain filling on ash.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Anyone try the Tourgear Designs flat pedal cables? Looking to finally put my pedals on the board.

I haven't tried these but every molded rubber patch cable I've ever had has become a piece of trash. I like the switchcraft pancake jacks for my pedalboard, their only shortcoming is they won't double up if the jacks are close together such as stereo in/out on many pedals. My solution in these cases is to use one standard switchcraft 90° plug. Not optimal aesthetically, however, if the cable fails you can open the jacks and replace it assuming the jacks are still good. If any part of the plastic cable fails, it's 100% trash.

Gonna try a PAF 7 in my SL7. The SD distortion seems so much more compressed than I remember the 6 being, no right hand dynamics.

Also, small stuff like neckplates and strap buttons for a few builds I have going. Gonna try grain filling som ash with Z-poxy too.

I hated how the SD distortion sounded even in a 6. It quacked like a duck no matter what I did.

There are a lot of cool strap button styles that are one-piece semi-locking that pop up on Amazon, they also seem to disappear fairly quickly. I've got one set that's got a large disc with a trapezoid cutout to slot the strap in, and another that's just about 1/8" wider than a standard strap button. I also replace the screws with nice, long ones (huhuhuh) to make sure I have a permanent hold. I don't like strap locks because I find that the moving parts always fail eventually. These don't have that problem, and stay "locked."

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Need a quad of speakers for an empty '80 1960a I just traded some stuff for. Right now I have four 4x12's, all with mixed speakers: V30/Creamback 75, V30/G12K-100 frontloaded, V30/G12K-100 rearloaded, and Creamback 65/Creamback 75. I'm thinking either V30/Greenback or just straight V30 to try to climb back out of the rabbit hole of speaker mixing I've spent so much time in :lol:
Celestion M25/H30.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score

FWIW I love my Splawn 412 with the V30 bottom and Creamback 65 on top wired in stereo.

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
Celestion M25/H30.

You don't think that mix would be too similar to the Creamback 65+75 mix I already have?

FWIW I love my Splawn 412 with the V30 bottom and Creamback 65 on top wired in stereo.

Yeah that's another combo I'm considering. I love Greenbacks but those 65's handle the chugs at high volumes a lot better. I was only leaning towards Greenbacks to mix it up a little compared to what I already have.

Millul

Reaction score
So I'm just browsing my local craigslist and facebook market place and I found an Engl Thunder 50 Combo for a super cheap price, And an Engl Screamer 50 Head, don't need it but it would be nice to have. Any info on these? Are they loud enough to gig? And are they capable of doing any tight Death Metal on their own? I would prefer the combo since it's a lot easier to lug around, plus I don't own a cab.

Had the Thunder - not sure about death metal, but I think it can.
No issue on loudness and/or cutting thourhg a mix. Also had KT88 installed in mine and it SLAYED with those.

Reaction score
.... sooo, I'm on a limbo right now... I just got the Dream Guitar home and... now what? what is there to buy, what do I need...? I'm lost... maybe this, maybe that, but nothing really calls for me besides my very own guitars... do I need help?

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
.... sooo, I'm on a limbo right now... I just got the Dream Guitar home and... now what? what is there to buy, what do I need...? I'm lost... maybe this, maybe that, but nothing really calls for me besides my very own guitars... do I need help?

simply buy mine bc I got bills to pay and they're cool

KIDDING

please don't be mad at me your collection is cool as hell

Reaction score
simply buy mine bc I got bills to pay and they're cool

KIDDING

please don't be mad at me your collection is cool as hell

all cool bro, I didn't take it serious, I'd buy your BCR Mockingbird if I had the funds for it (3 guitars in one year is a bit too much for me and I can't really justify it), that's a keeper in my opinion...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

Goltop with P90's. Pick your brand. :yesway:

Reaction score
Goltop with P90's. Pick your brand. :yesway:

lol, Les Paul are definitely not my kind of guitar, but thanks for the suggestion! maybe when I'll be older, there was a time in my youth that I only saw LPs everywhere and thought "that's fucking boring"... today not so much, but not enough for me to get one, I'd faster grab the @TheBolivianSniper BCR Mockingbird...

Last edited:
')