What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
50s wraparounds and even 60s lightning bolts are very hard to intonate because they only have the set screws to adjust the overall angle of the bridge. This is why they were replaced with TOMs. Also plenty of lightning bolts are made for wound Gs, so those are actually impossible to intonate. There have since been properly adjustable wraparounds made, but otherwise the ability to intonate is more hypothetical.

They're not that bad. You'll get pretty damn close fairly easily.

As long as you're not going for some oddball, drastically unbalanced sets in some weird tuning, you'll intonate just fine.

This works especially well if you center your intonation point around where you play and not the 12th fret.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotoh makes wraparound bridges with intonation options.

My bigger offense to the LP Jr is that it has only one pickup. I just don't see a benefit when having a neck pickup doesn't cause any real drawbacks.

upload_2021-10-18_14-6-12.jpeg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Gotoh makes wraparound bridges with intonation options.

My bigger offense to the LP Jr is that it has only one pickup. I just don't see a benefit when having a neck pickup doesn't cause any real drawbacks.
I was not aware Gotoh had wraparound bridges with intonation options.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I was going to get a BKP HSH 8 string set, but at $600 it's not worth it and I'm not going to get $600 difference out of the sounds.

Instead I'll get a MOTU M4 to replace my old Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 Firewire and put the rest towards saving for new monitors to replace my Gen1 Rokit 5s.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Thinking i might scoop up a Dinky with a Floyd. Which one though? Not sure yet

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you see this video? First time I ever saw a single P90 single cut and had to have it....finances wont allow but still

Came up in my feed but hadn’t watched it yet. But I can only imagine the price. The $699 Epiphone JJN is much more affordable though lol.

gnoll

Reaction score

Actually I think having a neck pickup makes the bridge sound worse. I'm not sure why exactly but I think it does.

They're not that bad. You'll get pretty damn close fairly easily.

As long as you're not going for some oddball, drastically unbalanced sets in some weird tuning, you'll intonate just fine.

This works especially well if you center your intonation point around where you play and not the 12th fret.

But most string sets are pretty unbalanced. I use balanced tension and I feel like the oddball for it. Would "normal" string sets still be fine? And if I use a weirdish tuning but compensate with string guage to keep tension balanced would that still be fine?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But most string sets are pretty unbalanced. I use balanced tension and I feel like the oddball for it. Would "normal" string sets still be fine? And if I use a weirdish tuning but compensate with string guage to keep tension balanced would that still be fine?

Just about anything within reason will work.

All setups are different, but I've worked on probably hundreds of these types of bridges (not including similarly limited bridges on archtops and flattops) and I haven't had any problems with them on what most would consider a run-of-the-mill setup.

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is the RG565 all done? Suddenly stricken with a severe lust for the greenish one. But there none to be found.... or is this just another casualty of the supply chain meltdown?

')