What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I have it on my vintera tele and it has scratchy texture I just don't like the feel of.

rokket2005

Reaction score
^Yeah, I have the pink jag on preorder too so they'd make a nice pair, but if I get a jazzmaster I want it to be the prototypical jm.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Bought a Lovepedal Zendrive Black Magic to go with my original Hermida Red.

8B801C47-E11D-4E69-B4E5-0CC96DC1E6C4.jpeg
49B4ABA1-D895-48F6-8D0C-DFD29240D367.jpeg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I was tempted to buy the Mr Scary wah. I have 4 wahs already (GCB95F, Dime, EVH, Petrucci) though, and do not need a 5th.

That said, I sold two pedals, and have contemplated getting two 81s just to have on hand in case I want to try them. I think I'm going to hold off for now, though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was tempted to buy the Mr Scary wah. I have 4 wahs already (GCB95F, Dime, EVH, Petrucci) though, and do not need a 5th.

That said, I sold two pedals, and have contemplated getting two 81s just to have on hand in case I want to try them. I think I'm going to hold off for now, though.

The Mr. Scary wah is what actually got me to this. :lol: I saw it pop up and was about to buy it. Then I saw videos of the Mr. Scary and Dragon wahs and was like... nah. Lead me to the Skeleton wah and uhhh, yep, that's the one. Basically an old McCoy wah but with the Morley tech.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The Mr. Scary wah is what actually got me to this. :lol: I saw it pop up and was about to buy it. Then I saw videos of the Mr. Scary and Dragon wahs and was like... nah. Lead me to the Skeleton wah and uhhh, yep, that's the one. Basically an old McCoy wah but with the Morley tech.
Nice. That said, between the 4 I have, I don't need anymore. :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Well I was perfectly fine with the Axe FX wah, but I was planning on getting another expression pedal anyway... And this kinda saves me from getting one. :lol:
Awesome. I hope you like the way it sounds. I've kind of always wanted a Morley, but I'm not really sure which.

Reaction score
After falling in love with my newest guitar. I modded it with chrome and black mismatched hardware. Now I kinda want another one so I can do an all chrome hardware scheme. I don't NEED it, and I'm waiting to see if Dean does anything different for new NAMM models...but I really want it.

sleewell

Reaction score
just bought a fortin zuul mini for my 6505. i dont think the 5150 iconics will be available in time before our upcoming shows so i think this will be a good alternative with my 6505.

selling my old boss ns-2 if anyone wants it lol.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Lucille arrived.

She’s a stunner. It is a truly great looking guitar. As a personal preference I’d prob rather have nitro or aged gloss to the point of satin and aged/distressed gold hardware. But that’s just my preference. A huge win is the ebony fretboard. Nothing worse than a black guitar with a cheap looking “rosewood” knockoff fretboard.

I won’t rehash the specs, but this is truly loaded. Fine tuners on an ES? Hell yeah.

It’s an incredible playing guitar. As an ES-style semi-hollow with no F-holes it will cover many genres. Only played through my Splawn QR100 and 412 for now. The stock pickups are quite good and sound as expected for this type of guitar. They have all the good old school PAF tone. Epi has really stepped up with their stock pickups. I think they’re trying to be like Tokai, Greco, and lawsuit era Ibanez here. And the bridge cleans up great for cleans with the amp gain up so I’m guessing this has a treble bleed? Only thing you could possibly want that it lacks is a split coil option? But…

What’s interesting is the varitone switch. It’s a 6 position with selectable notch filters. They go from full EQ to AM radio sounding. I had tried before on bridge pickup with a Gibson Blueshawk (iirc) and thought it was impractical and way too trebly. That was my mistake. Turn up the gain and use the NECK pickup. You can actually get a faux treble booster tone on one setting and another actually sounds like a slight octave fuzz in the high register. I wouldn’t mind getting it wired to just the neck that way I can flip between varitone neck and full bridge quickly with just the pickup selector.

Zero feedback even with gain up. Perfect if you want to use it for rock like Tom DeLonge but don’t have $10k for his model.

Only one-ish complaint so far. The EpiLite case sucks for this. I didn’t mind it for the Lifeson sig. But that’s because it fit. This guitar is so big that it maxes out the case. The headstock tuners stretch the top where it’s actually bulging out. How can that provide any actual protection beyond scratches? For $949 this should have a case like the cheaper Slash, Bonamassa, and Thayer models. And the other minor complaint is… c’mon this is a BB King sig. No case candy? They could have put a pic of him in a frame like they did with the other sigs. Silly I know but c’mon Jack.

I’d say the Eastman has better fretwork and finish and the action / setup being lower on the Eastman makes it more playable. But a good setup on the Epi could change things?

As an ES-345 style, it has the largest body offered iirc. Good for you full-figured players that want something size appropriate. Or if you just like ‘em thicc.

9.5/10

Latest posts

')