What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

J-PPP

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
There's a Lone Wolf Audio Left Hand Wrath available locally (used) that I might pick up. Isn't the owner/maker of these pedals like a giant POS or something? I seem to remember wanting to find a used so as to not support the guy,
but heard it was still worth picking up used if you could?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
There's a Lone Wolf Audio Left Hand Wrath available locally (used) that I might pick up. Isn't the owner/maker of these pedals like a giant POS or something? I seem to remember wanting to find a used so as to not support the guy,

Dude's a jerk with a massive ego and the quality of his pedals seem hit or miss.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Dude's a jerk with a massive ego and the quality of his pedals seem hit or miss.

Why not just buy the Decibelics clone then instead?

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
My new Koch arrived! Now I just have to figure out where to stick it.

9EC837C7-5BED-4D0A-A46E-5A9B7DA3E6EF.jpeg

Zender

Tinkering, please hold.
Reaction score
With the acquisition of my latest guitar..... a 'flattop' S-style (not S-shaped.. but with three single coils) 6 string. I actually have but one! last item on the gas list before I really don't have anything left to wish for.

.. Order that King of Tone that I've had the order code for, for two years already....

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I ordered a low noise option’d EHX 7025 for the FX loop (V4) spot of the triple recto. Might as well do all the performance changes while I have it out of the headshell! By the end of it I’ll have a properly functioning orange channel gain pot, and a much quieter series FX loop.

laxu

Reaction score
Evening 2 with the Keeley Compressor Mini and Strymon Riverside.

Keeley is looking more and more like a keeper. Even at minimum compression it's not totally transparent but it doesn't do things to my tone that I find offensive either. The switch on it seems a bit fickle though, you need to stomp it clearly until it clicks or it won't toggle. I find my other pedals are a bit more forgiving. Maybe it will loosen up a bit over time.

Using my G&L Legacy Strat I actually got some pretty juicy low to mid gain tones out of the Strymon Riverside. I explored the examples in the manual and tried some of the advanced features. I'm starting to like the pedal now. I don't know why I felt it sounded too harsh with my Carvin C66 yesterday but today with the G&L Legacy it did great. I also tried the noise gate and buffered bypass and can confirm both work very well. I like that they put those in as extras because I have enough true bypass pedals chained up that a buffer is warranted and a noise gate is always nice to have.

I rewired and rearranged my board a bit. Signal chain is:
  • Guitar -> Turbo Tuner ST-300 -> Keeley Comp Mini -> Browne Protein clone green -> Protein clone blue -> Riverside -> Hudson Broadcast clone -> BluGuitar Amp 1 Mercury Edition input.
  • Amp 1 fx send -> Strymon Volante -> Strymon Nightsky -> Strymon Flint -> Amp 1 fx return.
  • Amp 1 speaker out -> Bluetone 4x10 w/ 10" Greenbacks.
I have a Gigrig Wetter Box in the mail that I will use to run the reverbs and delay in parallel, hopefully eventually turning this into a stereo or wet/dry rig but that's a future plan. Still figuring out where I want to put the Digitech Trio+ for practising. Final form of the pedalboard will be something like this:

pedalboard.png

And yes, the Amp 1 can barely fit the board, hanging a bit off it. With enough dual lock it will stay put well enough.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I bought one of the Rogue lap steels that were up on mf stupid deal. I'd been looking at old lap steels for a while, and while the rogue stuff I've had hasn't been good, $70 is basically nothing for an instrument. I figure I shouldn't have to worry so much about crappy setups or bad fretwork etc. with a lap steel either so might as well dip my toe in on a cheap new one rather than spend 8-10x on an old one.

I also got this beauty today which I think is guitar related enough for this thread.
PXL_20211027_214234210_1.jpg

Reaction score
I decided to go all-in with this mod idea for a guitar of mine instead of just thinking about it. I'm essentially just swapping everything out for chrome, including putting chrome pickup covers on the guitar. Usually I hate chrome on black guitars with black guitars with multi-ply binding? Looks rather nice. I also committed to trying the Les Paul pickguard on this thing. I keep looking at this guitar going "I wonder if (insert spec) would be cool. I wonder if I could try (insert spec)" so now I'll know definitively if I like it or not.

Hopefully it looks how it does in my head or else I just spent a bunch of time and money on nothing. I hope this goes how I want it to

248809845_1346363539113782_1324090582416036985_n.jpg

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought one of the Rogue lap steels that were up on mf stupid deal. I'd been looking at old lap steels for a while, and while the rogue stuff I've had hasn't been good, $70 is basically nothing for an instrument. I figure I shouldn't have to worry so much about crappy setups or bad fretwork etc. with a lap steel either so might as well dip my toe in on a cheap new one rather than spend 8-10x on an old one.
View attachment 99379

Since you mentioned lap steel… Megan Lovell is a beast. First time I ever heard it used as the rhythm instrument and not just accompaniment / melody.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score

Since you mentioned lap steel… Megan Lovell is a beast. First time I ever heard it used as the rhythm instrument and not just accompaniment / melody.

good to see Larkin Poe get some recognition on here. I've been a huge fan of them for years. Both of the sisters kick ass at guitar.

Latest posts

')